Author Topic: Let's Discuss Removal Of Threads That Should Not Be Apart Of Forum  (Read 4244 times)

Let's Discuss Removal Of Threads That Should Not Be Apart Of Forum
« on: September 06, 2020, 07:05:08 pm »
I am concerned that both me and others are making low quality post, so I think you should all vote on removal of all, posts that most of the community does not want taking up space in the forum.

I am not going to vote since a lot of the topics are mine and I don't want to interfere, this is not my community but since someone complained I think it is fair to whoever is upset should post all topics that are of low quality including by myself.

We are a good community here and we all want to keep everyone happy,
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:04:19 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Let's Discuss Removal Of Threads That Should Not Be Apart Of Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 07:59:03 pm »
Let's start by not making threads like this one and let the admins take care of it.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 08:04:43 pm »
Let's start by not making threads like this one and let the admins take care of it.

that's fine with me

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 05:14:31 am »
The question is, what would be defined as 'most of the community'?
How can we determine what is a useless post?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 09:08:48 am »
Here's the single-most wildest idea ever: if there's a topic or post that you don't like, perhaps made by someone that you don't like even, then just ignore it. It's that simple. Stop falling for the bait and stop getting easily provoked by the stupidest shit—because I will be brutally honest here, out of all the forums I've been a part of in my time on the Internet, this has got to be, without a doubt, the one with the most thick-headed members I've met when it comes to dealing with trolls and spam posts. Trolls can be a nuisance, that's a given, but even worse are those of you that take the bait hook, line, and sinker, keep poking at the nest, and then wail like babies when they get stung. Trolls can be a problem, but you're as equally culpable for continuously falling for their games. Granted, there are ways to circumvent things like this from occurring, but unfortunately this place lacks a bunch of features I've seen in other forums, like the option to ignore users, which effectively blocks everything they do around the forum that I feel would be a nice band-aid for this kind of situation.

Seriously, for your sanity's sake, just learn to ignore and move on.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, this is a broad statement, I'm not directing it to OP or anyone who replied to this topic. In other words, to whomever this shoe may fit, wear it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:19:08 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 03:15:09 am »
Here's the single-most wildest idea ever: if there's a topic or post that you don't like, perhaps made by someone that you don't like even, then just ignore it. It's that simple. Stop falling for the bait and stop getting easily provoked by the stupidest shit—because I will be brutally honest here, out of all the forums I've been a part of in my time on the Internet, this has got to be, without a doubt, the one with the most thick-headed members I've met when it comes to dealing with trolls and spam posts. Trolls can be a nuisance, that's a given, but even worse are those of you that take the bait hook, line, and sinker, keep poking at the nest, and then wail like babies when they get stung. Trolls can be a problem, but you're as equally culpable for continuously falling for their games. Granted, there are ways to circumvent things like this from occurring, but unfortunately this place lacks a bunch of features I've seen in other forums, like the option to ignore users, which effectively blocks everything they do around the forum that I feel would be a nice band-aid for this kind of situation.

Seriously, for your sanity's sake, just learn to ignore and move on.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, this is a broad statement, I'm not directing it to OP or anyone who replied to this topic. In other words, to whomever this shoe may fit, wear it.

If the issue is a lack of tools to deal with topic visibility, then maybe it'd be a good idea to suggest adding the feature to the mod team, or making rule addendums to curtail that behavior and have that lead to more organic discussions.

But just letting things stand as is by just saying "plz ignore"  isn't going to magically solve the issue here & incentivize members to contribute to the forum. The issue will still be there, piss people off, and make them look elsewhere for discussions that are more engaging ( as I've seen on another other forum where their off topic section & moderation is so bad that most members ended up migrating to discord servers instead for discussion around the hobby.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 03:17:01 am by maximo310 »

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 03:33:48 am »
Honestly the amount of total activity on the forum is so low who gives a f**k.

telly

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 09:31:57 am »
There are many forums that have an "ignore" feature, and I think that would be a fine way for folks to hide posts that they don't want to see.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 01:14:23 pm »
If the issue is a lack of tools to deal with topic visibility, then maybe it'd be a good idea to suggest adding the feature to the mod team, or making rule addendums to curtail that behavior and have that lead to more organic discussions.

But just letting things stand as is by just saying "plz ignore"  isn't going to magically solve the issue here & incentivize members to contribute to the forum. The issue will still be there, piss people off, and make them look elsewhere for discussions that are more engaging ( as I've seen on another other forum where their off topic section & moderation is so bad that most members ended up migrating to discord servers instead for discussion around the hobby.)

If the obstinate few that regularly take the bait would learn to ignore then yes, it would help appease the situation. However, once you've given a troll ammunition, it's game over basically.

Anyway, while I get what you're saying, I shouldn't have to go to the admins/mods and "request" them to do something about the situation; we're not in kindergarten. Forum admins/mods should be proactive, not wait till the shit hits the fan to do something—they should be active first and foremost, period. From the forums I come from that I was either a regular or staff member, that's how things were handled.

With that said, I could care less, if I'm being honest, I just like pointing out the obvious from time to time since the level of stubbornness of some around here has gone way past 9,000. As I said elsewhere, I rejoice every time I see these people get offended by the stupidest things – it's quite therapeutic.

Until I see a change of direction from the admins/mods, as in they actually bother to moderate, then I agree with seether: who gives a fuck. This whole thing is essentially a running gag by now.

There are many forums that have an "ignore" feature, and I think that would be a fine way for folks to hide posts that they don't want to see.

I was honestly surprised how bare-bones this forums is when I joined. I'm certainly not trying to bust balls, but still.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 02:05:31 pm »
Well, it's been this way for years. It's not changing. The mods here just don't give a shit until people are straight insulting each other, and even then it goes for a while.

I mean it's not hard to give out warnings, and then boot people who repeatedly ignore warnings. I speak as an admin of a few different groups on Facebook. You weed these repeat offenders out, and you have less problems to begin with.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 03:47:12 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 03:38:37 pm »
a lot of people are up in arms because of the pandemic, and a lot of people are not sure what the future brings, so that creates an uptight atmosphere . Whether people consider me a troll of not, I am not trying to be that way, If this was retro collect Me, MVC2 and Seether and Eaglelord would have already been banned just because. and they had an ignore feature, but that was not good enough for them so they banned me for a avatar I had,

NO APPS NEEDED

telly

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 04:11:49 pm »
I mean my experience with moderating was when I was a mod and eventually an admin for Bulbagarden forums (which has almost 55,000 members and ~500 posts a day, so considerably more active than VGC). Those forums have a rules list a mile long and long handbook for writing warnings, applying points, and instituting bans.

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/bulbagarden-forum-rules-last-updated-june-24th-2020.233695/

I actually appreciate how less bureaucratic VGCollect is with this by comparison. But an ignore feature would be welcomed by me at least.
Currently Playing:

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 05:36:51 pm »
A mile-long list of rules isn't needed, and isn't actually the solution here. Everyone should practice and abide to standard netiquette and that'd be it. Admins/mods should swoop in as soon as something seems to go or has already gotten out of hand. Of course, a rule that appropriately disfavors spam posts is also a point to consider instead of tip-toeing around.

As far as the ignore feature goes, if it were to be considered, I believe it should only be implemented within the "General and Gaming" forums since it's where the most "activity" within the board itself occurs. Most posts made to the "VGCollect Site Stuff" forums are important to the website itself, so having redacted posts there would seem counterproductive.

telly

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 10:03:40 pm »
As far as the ignore feature goes, if it were to be considered, I believe it should only be implemented within the "General and Gaming" forums since it's where the most "activity" within the board itself occurs. Most posts made to the "VGCollect Site Stuff" forums are important to the website itself, so having redacted posts there would seem counterproductive.

That's a very valid point.
Currently Playing:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 09:17:55 pm »
The fact that a mod or admin hasn't shutdown this thread, or at least said something in it, is odd.