Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite And Least Favorite 3D Platformers and Why  (Read 3450 times)

What Is Your Favorite And Least Favorite 3D Platformers and Why
« on: September 07, 2020, 10:14:49 am »
Favorite: Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage and Sonic Robo Blast 2

Least Favorite: Yooka-Laylee and Rascal

I despise Yooka-Laylee because the game way too open and I find myself getting lost a lot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:41:30 am by spyrofanx »

astralsoul

Re: What Is Your Favorite And Least Favorite 3D Platformers and Why
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 01:02:13 pm »
Favorites:
1. Super Mario 64 - Iconic, legendary, classic, perfect gameplay.
2. Conker's Bad Fur Day - Hilarious, great story, great gameplay
3. Crash Bandicoot - Fantastic flow of gameplay, great music, great characters, great challenge

Least favorites:
1. Rascal - Garbage gameplay and control which is unfortunate because it had potential
2. Ape Escape - For the life of me I cannot wrap my head around how people love this game. Very annoying gameplay.
3. Bubsy 3D - This game is garbage at its worst. If I had to either truthfully say one redeeming thing about this game, or get shot, I'd say "just shoot me".

astralsoul

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 01:04:09 pm »

Least Favorite: Yooka-Laylee

Yooka Laylee is the worst one you've played? There are dozens and dozens of worse out there. Also you should explain why you like and dislike those.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 01:51:15 pm »
Favorite: Sonic Adventure

least favorite: Shadow the hedgehog
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:18:48 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 02:58:47 pm »
Favorite: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Least Favorite: Ninjabread Man

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 03:10:19 pm »
Favorite: Super Mario 3D Land. One of the best games in the series, and I stand by that.

Least Favorite: Most N64 Rare platformers. Just don't appeal to me for whatever reason. The controller probably has a lot to do with it, but it's more that that because I don't enjoy them a lot on Rare Replay, either.

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 03:27:22 pm »
Favourite: mario galaxy 1 & 2. honorable mention to sunshine

I haven't seen any 3d platformers aside from 64 and odyssey that come close in terms of quality. It's all downhill if where going outside 3d mario. While fun it's all a couple of tiers lower Wich I Mostly just play for variety.

If mario didn't exist I'd say crash bandicoot 2 or 3 as the best 3d platformers.

Worst: sonic 2006 what a glitch fest plus horrific loading times.

Not the worst but my Most dissapointing 3d platformer: Mario 3d world on wii u/ soon to be switch aswell. I'm playing 3D mario for the 3d experience not a 2d new super mario bros in a 3d coat.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 04:03:08 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 04:26:16 pm »
Favorite
Super Mario 64 - It's one of my favorite Mario games just in general, even over 2D ones, and until Odyssey, I was bummed they mostly dropped this style of Mario game after Sunshine as Galaxy started to shift the series away from that style and then they were just gone till Odyssey.
Super Mario Odyssey - It's what I wanted for so long from the Mario series, since Super Mario 64 and it's a wonderful game.
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie - These might be my favorite platformers of all time as they took what Mario 64 was doing and just made a deeper game I think and they are so fun.  I'm still hoping for a proper revival of the series someday. 
Jak & Daxter - I didn't like where the series went after the first game, they dropped a lot of the platforming for guns and cars and were more like the Ratchet & Clank games and other games at the time, but the first one I remember really loving.  I need to go back and see if this one holds up at all someday.
Crash Bandicoot - It's a quirky 3D platformer series, but I dig it as it stands out from all the others.

Least
Mostly Anything Sonic - I think the majority of 3D Sonic games are pretty ass, even for the time, though the worst would be like Sonic '06.
Super Mario 3D World/Land -  I don't think these are bad games at all, but as far as being "3D Platformers", they are barely different than the 2D games and just lost any of the charm the previous 3D Mario games had and just rehash far too much old Mario ideas.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 04:28:49 pm by kamikazekeeg »

dhaabi

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 05:55:06 pm »
Least Favorite: Ninjabread Man

You'll be happy to know then that the developers Data Design Interactive released three other games—Anubis II, Rock 'n' Roll Adventures, and Myth Makers: Trixie in Toyland—that are complete re-skin versions of Ninjabread Man.

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 07:00:10 pm »

Least Favorite: Yooka-Laylee

Yooka Laylee is the worst one you've played? There are dozens and dozens of worse out there. Also you should explain why you like and dislike those.

When I noticed you played Rascal, I remembered I’ve played that one too.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 09:38:56 pm »
Favorite:
1. Ratchet and Clank (the PS2 ones)
2. Mario Galaxy 2
3. Crash Bandicoot 2

Worst:
Ninja Bread Man

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 09:56:14 pm »
I really don't have any favorite or least favorite 3D platformers to be honest, Banjo Toowie  was ok and Donkey Kong 64 was ok. If I knew how to get out of the hole in the beginning of Tomb Raider, 1 or 2 I would have spent more time on the tomb raider series On PS1.

I Never got out of the first part of the first mission on any of the tomb raider games, even though I tried and even looked up a tutorial on it. I suck at platformers.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:59:15 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 03:22:46 pm »
I'm no platformer aficionado, but I always have to throw in my two cents.

Favorites: Mario Sunshine and Odyssey, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
I can play any of these over and again.

Least favorite: Croc
I remember having this as a child. So slippery, weird physics/momentum. I hated it. Too bad, as it was kind of cute.

ferraroso

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 08:56:27 pm »
First, a question:
Would you consider the following to be 3D platformers?
Favorite: Burning Rangers
Least Favorite: Sonic 3D Blast

If not those, than:
Favorite: Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Least Favorite: Donkey Kong 64

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 09:24:35 pm »
First, a question:
Would you consider the following to be 3D platformers?
Favorite: Burning Rangers
Least Favorite: Sonic 3D Blast

If not those, than:
Favorite: Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Least Favorite: Donkey Kong 64
I wouldn't consider the top two 3d platformers.  Also I forgot about Donkey Kong 64, it would be in the running as my least favorite as well.