Author Topic: PS5 Showcase Announced - Wed. Sept. 16th  (Read 1241 times)

telekill

PS5 Showcase Announced - Wed. Sept. 16th
« on: September 13, 2020, 09:54:05 am »

With Microsoft having finally broken the stalemate between the two, Sony is now ready to show us more on the PS5. About time too given that we're what... maybe 2 months away from launch?

Details from Playstation Blog:

"Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5."

Links:
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/12/watch-live-playstation-5-showcase-on-wednesday-september-16/

https://www.playstation.com/ps5

Looks like there will be quite a few streaming options for the event. You can watch the 40 second teaser either on the PS Blog link above or here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umfhduWXCCc

My take:

I personally expect that we'll FINALLY get a price, a release date, some gameplay footage and maybe confirmation on a couple games that will be day one releases. I'm personally hoping to see the PS5 with optical drive come in at $500 or less. I also want to see the back of the system to see if they have a couple USB ports in the back for VR and an external drive. I'd rather not have a mess of cords in front like with my PS4.

As far as games go, I expect to see more of what we've already seen and nothing new announced. I'll always hold out hope for a new Uncharted, but I'm guessing that might be announced at a later time (if I'm lucky).

What are you hoping to see? What do you feel the price will be knowing what the new Xbox systems are priced at? Do you think preorders will go live directly after the live-stream?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:56:43 am by telekill »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: PS5 Showcase Announced - Wed. Sept. 16th
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 02:48:13 pm »
Here's my prediction
-10 minutes flexing on how well the PS4 did this generation
-30 minutes Knack 3 announcement

telekill

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 02:56:53 pm »
Here's my prediction

Dude.... can you imagine! LOL

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 04:10:28 pm »
If they're smart they'll get down to brass tacks and keep the fluff away.

If they're smart.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 04:46:00 pm »
I want to get excited about this, I really do, however nearly everything regarding the PS5 so far has been a massive disappointment. Probably the most disappointing thing has been the intentionally vague and sparse details about anything related to it. I understood when this console was 6+ months out, but it's literally right around the corner and I can't remember being this un-hyped for any Sony console, ever. Hopefully my pessimism is unfounded and this ends up being the thing that gets me ultra hyped for the PS5, but I'm not counting on it.

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 04:53:10 pm »
I'm looking forward to this, it's at 9pm my local time so I'm going to Facetime my girlfriend and get her live reactions to it all.

Usually this stuff happens in the early hours of the morning here.

They should have the release date and price. I've seen the size of the Xbox Series X and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have the PS5. I'm enticed by Demon Souls and Gran Turismo 7 and quite excited to see what else they'll show in this showcase, especially with it happening on a Wednesday breaking up my work week right in the middle.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 04:54:22 pm »
Just give me a price, a release date for the system and Spider-Man game, and let me know if I can transfer my saves from PS4 to PS5 so I don't lose my Monster Hunter World save and I'll be good to go for the system.  Price wise I'm assuming they are gonna match as much as possible, so 500 for the console, 400 to 450 for the no disc version.  I could possibly see them trying to do 550, hoping their success with the PS4 lets them push for a slightly higher price tag, but I don't think they can play it that way this time around as Game Pass gives Xbox something actually notable now.  They don't have the big draw games at all, but giving people access to their exclusives and a bunch of third party releases for a cheap, monthly, subscription is a big deal.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:57:29 pm by kamikazekeeg »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 05:01:35 pm »
I want to get excited about this, I really do, however nearly everything regarding the PS5 so far has been a massive disappointment. Probably the most disappointing thing has been the intentionally vague and sparse details about anything related to it. I understood when this console was 6+ months out, but it's literally right around the corner and I can't remember being this un-hyped for any Sony console, ever. Hopefully my pessimism is unfounded and this ends up being the thing that gets me ultra hyped for the PS5, but I'm not counting on it.

I’m with you. I mean I’m getting the disc based one no matter what.

But mostly because of exclusives I expect will land at some future date and be amazing. Not because of any excitement for the console itself.

By contrast I can’t wait to play some of my Xbox One backlog with all the extra horse power of the Series X.

The high/solid frame rates and maxed out 4k dynamic resolutions are going to be awesome.

telekill

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 05:11:59 pm »
I want to get excited about this, I really do, however nearly everything regarding the PS5 so far has been a massive disappointment.

The trickle of information from both Sony and Microsoft this time around has been horrendously handled. I believe most will be hyped after this showcase though as I assume the price and release date will finally be revealed, but I understand your disappointment.

While disappointed with how things have been handled I'm still a bit hyped. As I've gotten older, I've noticed that I'm less hyped for anything by a significant margin. Almost nothing gets me hyped anymore. For the PS5, I have a more reserved level of hype... but there's still hype. I haven't had hype for something since Uncharted 4 to give you an idea.

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 07:53:57 pm »
Here's my prediction

So far, this seems to be the most realistic prediction...

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 10:31:17 pm »

I’m with you. I mean I’m getting the disc based one no matter what.

But mostly because of exclusives I expect will land at some future date and be amazing. Not because of any excitement for the console itself.

By contrast I can’t wait to play some of my Xbox One backlog with all the extra horse power of the Series X.

The high/solid frame rates and maxed out 4k dynamic resolutions are going to be awesome.

That's the main thing for me as well, the games. I am 98% certain that in two years the PS5 will undoubtedly be worth its pricetag given all the amazing games available for it, however there is nothing so far that has me wanting to secure one at launch. One thing that might change that is if Gran Turismo 7 or Horizon 2 was announced as a launch title, but I'm all but certain both these titles won't be showing up anytime soon. In all likelihood I will probably be getting one in about a year or so, just like I did with the PS4 after that launched. The difference being that I actually thought the PS4 was cool when it came out. This however...

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 03:03:46 am »
Spider-Man: Miles Morales is supposed to be around launch, within the first month at least if the PS5 is releasing in November and supposed to release before 2021, so that's a solid enough game for launch to me.  Godfall is another, which will be on PC too, but I figure if it turns out to be good, I'll just grab as a PS5 launch game.  Also into it for the PS4 game upgrades, some of which will run better or get full updates like Avengers will actually run well and I'd love if Monster Hunter World gets an update and that I can bring my save over from the PS4.   I know it'll play PS4 games, I just don't know how if with cloud saves, I can bring over all my PS4 saves as there's a few I don't want to lose.

telekill

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 07:58:26 am »
I think the games issue is something that needs to be addressed. They've shown plenty coming for PS5 that I'm wanting to get, but we have no idea exactly which ones will be available on day one, other than the Astro game that will be preinstalled.

I'm planning on buying two games at launch with my PS5 optical version. Outriders and AC Valhalla are at the top, but I'm not sure if Outriders will be a day one. Hopefully we get a better idea of what to expect in a couple days.

kashell

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 09:04:49 am »
Here's my prediction
It'll probs be this. Very this.