Author Topic: Playstation 5 September Event  (Read 1893 times)

Re: Playstation 5 September Event
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 08:10:43 pm »
The system is showing up for pre-order on websites like Gamestop, Walmart, and Target today, so there's a chance to get it there if it shows up.

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 12:59:32 am »
Hogwarts was the biggest for me even though I already saw the leaked footage it still impressed me.

PS Plus collection is very awesome. I hope there's a way to access it on PS4 though.

Price is great.

mark1982

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 03:17:36 am »
Pretty decent showcase actually, if you compare it to previous gen launches. PS4 was barren from what I remember.

I'm just glad we're finally getting a Demon's Souls Remake

Wife just told me she pre-ordered a PS5 for me as an early Christmas gift, no complaints there ;D

Added a few games to my wishlist (https://www.vgcollect.com/wishlist/mark1982/ps5na) after she told me.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:41:01 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 05:05:12 am »
Pretty decent showcase actually, if you compare it to previous gen launches. PS4 was barren from what I remember.

PS4 was super terrible for sure.  I don't think the system had anything of note till at least Bloodborne, and that was over a year after the PS4's launch.  I didn't even want to pick up a PS4 till 2016 when Uncharted 4 was looking to come out and there were more games coming up that I wanted to play.  In comparison, having Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demon's Souls from Sony and stuff like Godfall at launch for the PS5 is already a big win, and then we have God of War 2 and Horizon 2 hopefully making next year, that could be a real good year for the system if they hit that release window.  Have like Horizon 2 be summer and then God of War 2 be the holiday release.

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 08:19:43 am »
An NES game in 1990 cost, on average, about $50. That's $89 in 2013 money. Your $70 N64 cartridges in 1998 would require the equivalent of $100 today. Heck, the $50 PlayStation 2 game you bought in 2005 is worth $60, the exact price of a typical retail game in 2013.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

your forgetting dlc and micro transactions though, inflation ain't going to save it than

Also the thing is. from ps1 to ps3 era, games got cheaper prices actually dropped by the gen. all I'm saying. anything before ps1 era was also fairly pricy in terms of consoles. Like most electronics videogames actually got cheaper in terms of production

I didn't forget anything.  You said:

I miss them times when games where only 40$ brand new

That hasn't been the case in 30 years, if ever.

And DLC has been around forever, it just had different names.  They were called expansion packs.  And yes, inflation does make a difference.  Like the quoted section of the article says - a $60 game in game in 1990 is the equivalent of an $89 game in 2013.  That's closer to $100 today - or two $20 DLC packs.

As for microtransactions - if you don't like em, don't use em.  I've purchased maybe one, ever, and it was mostly an aesthetic thing that I just really wanted.  I doubt any of us are really playing any games where microtransactions have any real effect on our gameplay experience.

And games do generally go down in price over time.  That's what the Complete and GotY editions are for.  Hell, with Miles Morales you can get Spider-Man, and all of it's DLC for like $20-30.  At original retail that was still about that $100 total spend I just talked about.  I'd say that price went down.  Hell, Horizon: Zero Dawn is regularly $10-15 for the base game and DLC.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:21:43 am by Cartagia »

sworddude

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 08:32:04 am »
An NES game in 1990 cost, on average, about $50. That's $89 in 2013 money. Your $70 N64 cartridges in 1998 would require the equivalent of $100 today. Heck, the $50 PlayStation 2 game you bought in 2005 is worth $60, the exact price of a typical retail game in 2013.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

your forgetting dlc and micro transactions though, inflation ain't going to save it than

Also the thing is. from ps1 to ps3 era, games got cheaper prices actually dropped by the gen. all I'm saying. anything before ps1 era was also fairly pricy in terms of consoles. Like most electronics videogames actually got cheaper in terms of production

I didn't forget anything.  You said:

I miss them times when games where only 40$ brand new

That hasn't been the case in 30 years, if ever.

And DLC has been around forever, it just had different names.  They were called expansion packs.  And yes, inflation does make a difference.  Like the quoted section of the article says - a $60 game in game in 1990 is the equivalent of an $89 game in 2013.  That's closer to $100 today - or two $20 DLC packs.

As for microtransactions - if you don't like em, don't use em.  I've purchased maybe one, ever, and it was mostly an aesthetic thing that I just really wanted.  I doubt any of us are really playing any games where microtransactions have any real effect on our gameplay experience.

And games do generally go down in price over time.  That's what the Complete and GotY editions are for.  Hell, with Miles Morales you can get Spider-Man, and all of it's DLC for like $20-30.  At original retail that was still about that $100 total spend I just talked about.  I'd say that price went down.  Hell, Horizon: Zero Dawn is regularly $10-15 for the base game and DLC.

It has though

mario galaxy 2 and skyward sword where just 40$ on release and obviously all the other first party titles aswell. wii ps3 xbox 360 era.  galaxy 2 released in 2010, other wii games 2007? so 10 to 13 years ago

even though inflation came prices got cheaper.

ps2 gamecube era games where 50$ on release. ps1 n64 era was 50 - 80$ a pop

So prices got cheaper, in ps1 to ps3 era even though inflation happened

50 to 80$ in ps1 n64 era, to 40$ in wii ps3 xbox 360 era when money had less value that's definitely a decrease in price.

Only I reason why i replied is because you said 40$ games never happened and it sure as hell happened. videogames actually got less pricy with each gen at a certain point. low end was even 30$ at times and that was just a couple month after release from some other stores for big titles like galaxy 1 mario kart etc.

if it was 45 at some stores it was rarity and overpriced.

and let's not ignore nintendo selects wich got even lower at just 20$ for big titles like mario kart and galaxy.

And those prices where from the bigger popular stores that charge the max amount so it could be cheaper aswell. 60$ was not the normal before ps4 wii u era. prices have increased by 50% in this era before ps5 happened.

Inflation is fine, but considering microtransactions and tons of dlc exists it's not great.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:40:40 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 08:42:31 am »
It has though

mario galaxy 2 and skyward sword where just 40$ on release and obviously all the other first party titles aswell. wii ps3 xbox 360 era.  galaxy 2 released in 2010, other wii games 2007? so 10 to 13 years ago

Here's the wayback machine to the week after Mario Galaxy's launch - $50.
https://web.archive.org/web/20071124043240/http://www.gamestop.com/

So, yeah.  $50.  No idea where you pulled $40 from.

Only I reason why i replied is because you said 40$ games never happened and it sure as hell happened. videogames actually got less pricy with each gen at a certain point. low end was even 30$ at times and that was just a couple month after release from some other stores for big titles like galaxy 1 mario kart etc.

And those prices where from the bigger popular stores that charge the max amount so it could be cheaper aswell. 60$ was not the normal. prices have increased by 50% in this era before ps5 happened.

Yeah, of course, some games didn't cost the full normal retail price (Shadow of the Colossus, I know didn't), but $50+ has be the norm for 30 years.  There was some variation in the PS1 / N64 generation, but it was mostly higher than $50, not under.  It was probably all over the place due to the new development and production technology, but everything still average around $50.

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 09:39:45 am »
Hogwarts was the biggest for me even though I already saw the leaked footage it still impressed me.

PS Plus collection is very awesome. I hope there's a way to access it on PS4 though.

Price is great.
I forgot to mention the Black Ops exclusive Alpha. Just like the GTA announcement in the last show, this was also a highlight for me.

What I didn't like about the show was the ending highlight reel. That included new gameplay footage of Destruction AllStars and Sackboy that I'd like to see more of as well as a couple of games that I don't even remember seeing previously.

I hope they have a show in October with the UI and maybe more of Astro, D AS, Sackboy, Ratchet and Returnal.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 05:44:57 pm »

It has though

Here's the wayback machine to the week after Mario Galaxy's launch - $50.
https://web.archive.org/web/20071124043240/http://www.gamestop.com/

So, yeah.  $50.  No idea where you pulled $40 from.

And those prices where from the bigger popular stores that charge the max amount so it could be cheaper aswell. 60$ was not the normal. prices have increased by 50% in this era before ps5 happened.

Yeah, of course, some games didn't cost the full normal retail price (Shadow of the Colossus, I know didn't), but $50+ has be the norm for 30 years.  There was some variation in the PS1 / N64 generation, but it was mostly higher than $50, not under.  It was probably all over the place due to the new development and production technology, but everything still average around $50.

I don't know why I'm posting this, but $50, $60. *$80 was harder to earn back in the day then it is now, for example minimum wage has gone up in the United States making it a lot more easier to obtain a $50 , $60 or $80 then it was back in the 1980's and 1990's. Yes There have been extra content under a paywall since the late 1980's called Expansion packs for PC games. the major difference is most games you can no longer play with the disc by itself much anymore.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"