Author Topic: PS5 General Discussion Thread  (Read 8778 times)

Re: PS5 General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 04:58:56 pm »
This has ticked me off considerably today:
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/yakuza-like-a-dragon-launches-november-10-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-march-2-2021-for-ps5-in-the-west

Yakuza: Like a Dragon will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store alongside its previously announced Xbox Series release on November 10, and for PlayStation 5 on March 2, 2021 in the west, publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio announced.

Users who purchase the digital PlayStation 4 version of Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be able to download the PlayStation 5 version at no additional cost when it launches. The PlayStation 5 version will also be available as a standalone purchase for $59.99.

So much like the Spiderman fiasco, PS4 owners of the Physical Edition Yakuza 7 won't be to play it on PS5 until March 2021... This is VERY off putting and if the trend continues makes the Xbox Series a much better investment for the gamer. But sadly as PS5 has Final Fantasy 16 I'm stuck with it.

I'll probably just wait till March now, not seeing the point in buying an inferior version of the game at full price when Xbox S' owners get a much better deal.

The upgraded version of the game is in March, not that you can't play it on PS5 until then.  You can play Spider-Man PS4 on PS5 also, there's just no upgrade path to the remaster, unlike Yakuza, which has been confirmed that physical owners can upgrade to the PS5 version with the PS4 disc.  There is no save transfer support, so if you do play the PS4 version of Yakuza, and then upgrade, you'll have to start a new game on the updated PS5 version.

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1310643993689100288?s=20
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 05:01:22 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 05:33:44 am »
This has ticked me off considerably today:
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/yakuza-like-a-dragon-launches-november-10-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-march-2-2021-for-ps5-in-the-west

Yakuza: Like a Dragon will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store alongside its previously announced Xbox Series release on November 10, and for PlayStation 5 on March 2, 2021 in the west, publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio announced.

Users who purchase the digital PlayStation 4 version of Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be able to download the PlayStation 5 version at no additional cost when it launches. The PlayStation 5 version will also be available as a standalone purchase for $59.99.

So much like the Spiderman fiasco, PS4 owners of the Physical Edition Yakuza 7 won't be to play it on PS5 until March 2021... This is VERY off putting and if the trend continues makes the Xbox Series a much better investment for the gamer. But sadly as PS5 has Final Fantasy 16 I'm stuck with it.

I'll probably just wait till March now, not seeing the point in buying an inferior version of the game at full price when Xbox S' owners get a much better deal.
What trend are you talking about? What much better deal do Xbox owners have? This post doesn't make any sense. What does Yakuza having next-gen Xbox timed exclusivity have to do with Spider-Man?

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2020, 02:34:47 am »
The problem with the Spiderman release on PS5 is that owners of the PS4 version won't be getting the Enhanced Edition - Which at the moment is only included with the Miles Morales spin-off game. I'm sure it will be released separately in time (even if digital) but for now this is a massive blow to people who bought the SP4 Edition & all DLC. Similar issues with people who bought the launch Edition & Season Pass of CONTROL , they;ve now released a PS4 Complete Edition which is the only product providing the PS5 upgrade from my understanding.

I'm glad to hear there is at least some good news with Yakuza, still not sure it's enough to make me buy it at launch on the PS4 though.

to be honest, I' getting very discouraged by the PS5 in general. They're whole new business model about not being transparent is getting very frustrating. Xbox Series has now let media outlets have hands-on impressions with the Xbox and the backwards compatibility is looking as good as one could hope. Sony have said 99% of games should work but I jsut want to see it run on actual hardware like the Xbox Series has. I heard next week that some Japanese Youtubers will be getting a hands on impression so hopefully that will clear a lot of info.

Then there's the news of the pre-orders not being met. I want t sell my PS4 Pro and items to cover most of the cost, so I have to be assured that I will get one before I sell my PS4 Pro. I intend to call GAME where I've pre-ordred it this week to get clarification on it. It's very discouraging though, I don't feel excited for next gen, just anxious. Part of me wasnts to jsut say F*** it and keep my PS4 until late next year but really I think it would be best to sell it now, because IF the PS5 can offer PS4 backwards compatibility which equals the experience on PS4 then I will have no use for my PS4 Pro and want to sel it at it's best value.

telekill

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2020, 10:39:06 am »
I do find it odd that we've still not seen what the UI will look like. We're what.... 5 weeks out from launch and still haven't seen the UI? I'm assuming at this point it's just going to use the PS4's UI, which is fine as it works well.

Finally narrowed down my PS5 launch game purchases down to three.
 - AC Valhalla (standard)
 - Spiderman (Ultimate) - going under the Christmas tree for my son
 - Destiny 2 Beyond Light

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 03:50:35 pm »
Launch for me is Demon's Souls, Spider-Man: Miles Morales with the Spider-Man remaster, and I might get Godfall depending on the reviews as the gameplay looks good.  Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out around the same time, but that's a PC release for me.

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2020, 04:43:55 pm »
Lots of news today. PS4 saves transfer to PS5. PS4 games will take advantage of the PS5 with Ghost of Tsushima being 60fps on PS5.

Only 10 games won't be backwards compatible.

PS4 only games:
DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

telekill

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 04:49:21 pm »
Yeah, I'm very happy with the confirmation that I can simply unplug my 4TB external from my PS4 and plug it into the PS5 with no formatting needed.

I am curious on what makes those specific games not function properly on the PS5. I have Robinson the Journey out of those. Glad that only a single game of mine will not be compatible. Though, it was one of my first PSVR games and the one I found out that walking in a VR game makes me nauseous after about 15 minutes. Due to that, it was never completed.

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 05:03:47 pm »
I was sorta just banking on PS4 saves transferring over, but I'm glad it was confirmed.  It means I won't lose my Monster Hunter World save, so that's 400 hours I'm keeping.  Really hope Monster Hunter World gets an update for PS5 to really improve it, but hopefully by default it just runs smoother and it should load faster, even faster than the SSD that I bought specifically to make MHW load quicker because of how bad the load times are lol

Glad to see pretty much every game is playable.  I was thinking of selling my copy of Godzilla on PS4, because it's so wildly expensive right now, but being that I can play it on the PS5 and keep all my kaiju unlocks, I may keep it.  Not 100% sure.  Maybe it'll even run a little better.

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2020, 06:56:53 am »
Ugh PS5... I have xbox rn and i enjoy it a lot. But still thinking about changing the company and getting ps5... Actually, I've been playing CoD MW lately. It's a great game to relax from all these modern colorful games and just play smth classic. When I wanna skip something boring, I get cod mw boosting service. Experienced players help me make triumphs, pass raids, etc. They are here https://lfcarry.com/cod-mw. Everybody, I advise you not to waste your time on routine gameplay. I hope it will help someone as much as it helped me :)

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2020, 06:59:36 am »
Im personally thinking about changing to PS5 after playing xbox for a while already. Just wanna try it out. But its upsetting there will be no LFcarry help there at first :( At least in their blog they will help for sure with everything :) Maybe it will help someone too: https://lfcarry.com/blog/division-2-luna-league-guide

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2020, 08:49:18 pm »
Something happening with PS5 and Burger King this Thursday! Sneak King 2 PS5 exclusive let's go!!

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2020, 09:15:41 pm »
Something happening with PS5 and Burger King this Thursday! Sneak King 2 PS5 exclusive let's go!!

telekill

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 12:58:42 pm »

I never played Sneak King. Was it actually any good?

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 08:35:19 pm »

I never played Sneak King. Was it actually any good?
The novelty of it was good and for it's price it's hard to be mad at it. The Big Bumpin' game was the most well received at release.

Apparently the Burger King promotion is spend $5 at Burger King and then via the app you get a digital scratch off thing to win a PS5, game codes or BK coupons.

telekill

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2020, 08:31:46 am »
Well, I decided to drop Spiderman off my launch list pickups. I'll eventually get it, but I don't think my 4 year old son is ready to tackle that kind of experience yet. Plenty of other games to start him on to get his skills up. I'd consider it for myself, but other than Ninja Turtles, "super" heroes have never really been my thing.

I did end up preordering the Destiny 2 expansion; Beyond Light. Going to play that with my brother pretty regularly and I liked the preorder Ghost shell you get. That leaves AC Valhalla as my only PS5 launch game. I'll be getting Oddworld if/when it launches in December.