Author Topic: PS5 General Discussion Thread  (Read 8776 times)

Re: PS5 General Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2020, 01:30:22 pm »
You should play Astro's Playroom!

mrkonasoni

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2020, 02:30:40 am »
No stores from my country have the system yet.
But I am completely sure someone will put some for sell at the price of 800$ or something like that.

A store for some reason has the controller for like 130$.

Yeah, everything correct, everything fine.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2020, 10:53:34 pm »
Anybody else get an upside down sack boy in the special edition?

telekill

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2020, 09:11:58 am »
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have loved the nostalgia hit in Astro's Playroom. Unlocking the "artifacts" has been a lot of fun.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2020, 10:17:13 am »
Played Playstation 5 yesterday for about 6 hours at my friend's house. Good stuff!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

telekill

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2020, 08:14:50 am »
Got to finally dig in a bit to AC Valhalla on my PS5. I had been noticing with it and Destiny 2 that while using the 3D Pulse headset, that the character dialog sounded muffled. If you're having that problem, I found that the fix is simply to turn off 3D audio in the system settings. This stops the PS5 from trying to recreate the audio in 3D and simply has it as it was intended. Obviously, once I play a game that supports it, I'll turn it back on.

Oh! And Astro's Playroom has become my first PS5 platinum trophy. Great game.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 08:27:30 am by telekill »

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2020, 05:28:34 am »
Am I the only one here who still can't stand the PS5's UI?

On the PS4 it was so simple, only the PS Button and you get an option to turn off your console (Same with PS3 for that matter), but on the PS5 I find it to be very problematic to just turn the console off. I find the whole Card/tab layout of details for the game just gets in the way of what I want to do. 99/100 times I want to go to my main PS Menu but i press the PS button and the cards system pops up telling me details on the game I am trying to get away from!

Also, when it comes to messaging a friend, I feel I have to go through multiple menus just to reach the place to do so. Also, changing the headphone settings from All Audio to Chat audio needs a shortcut, every time I want to play with a friend I have to go into the Settings and 3 menus before I can change it.

I know it's early days and I'm sure in time it will improve but for now I can easily say i still prefer the PS4's UI.

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2020, 05:34:24 am »
It's okay, but it's lacking features that the PS4 had, which is annoying.  It's the Switch all over again.   I at least expect this to be improved relatively soon, compared to Nintendo basically doing very little to improve things after nearly 4 years.  It at least runs smooth and is very snappy compared to the PS4 which could be pretty sluggish.

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2020, 01:29:03 pm »
I was the very happy new owner of a PS5 on Christmas Day.

Played Astro’s Playroom...fantastic.

Got 5 hours into Valhalla and the controller broke! It’s the R2 trigger, there is no resistance in it and you can literally blow on it for it to register an input! Makes most games unplayable.

I’ve done a bit of googling, and it seems alarmingly  common. Apparently the spring has either come loose while the haptics were going nuts in Astros or it may have snapped altogether. Very frustrating but apparently Sony will fix it. Unfortunately this can take weeks!  :'(

I have a DS4 controller that I kept for PC, so all is not lost as I believe this will allow me to play PS4 games during January. I just need to buy some new PS4 games now!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:48:52 am by cosmos »
Beaten: 210   Backlog: 7

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2020, 03:19:02 am »
Sorry to hear about your controller issues - I was very unsure about the triggers for the Dualsense until I played the Astrobot Playroom. Still while it is built for that I found it was really irritating on Fortnite. I hope it won't be a case that some games it works wonders and others its a pain in the behind.

As for PS4 games, most seem to work on the system - I haven't had any issues with any yet anyways and it's a good time to find many for a cheap price so not a bad idea. Since I've had the PS5 All I've really played is online games and Days Gone from the PS+ Collection Bundle - If you haven't looked into them already I highly recommend it as it has some of the best PS4 titles ready to download.

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2020, 05:57:36 am »
Sorry to hear about your controller issues - I was very unsure about the triggers for the Dualsense until I played the Astrobot Playroom. Still while it is built for that I found it was really irritating on Fortnite. I hope it won't be a case that some games it works wonders and others its a pain in the behind.

As for PS4 games, most seem to work on the system - I haven't had any issues with any yet anyways and it's a good time to find many for a cheap price so not a bad idea. Since I've had the PS5 All I've really played is online games and Days Gone from the PS+ Collection Bundle - If you haven't looked into them already I highly recommend it as it has some of the best PS4 titles ready to download.

Thanks for the advice...the PS+ Collection looks pretty good.

I actually caved in and ordered Cyberpunk 2077. I was originally intending to wait for the PS5 version, but curiosity has the better of me and it should last me a decent time while my Dualsense is getting repaired.

Nice trophy collection btw...I'll be doing a bit of casual trophy hunting......just need to think of a decent psn name with Cosmos in it  :-\
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 06:00:07 am by cosmos »

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2020, 04:51:58 am »
So having waited for 1hr 38 mins in a queue, I finally got through to Sony customer support.

They were very helpful. They originally questioned me pretty hard but eventually the guy admitted that they had a lot of calls about this particular R2 trigger resistance problem.

I noticed a couple of articles on the issue have now appeared in my gaming news feeds.

They sent me prepaid postage labels and I've sent the controller off. He quoted me 15 days to either get a replacement or for it to be fixed.

Not too bad.

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2020, 06:10:11 am »
Neat glad to hear you got it sorted, hoping I won't have to encounter this problem but seems like they're aware and addressing it :)

As I said, I've mostly been using my PS5 as a spruced up PS4, played Days Gone now onto Yakuza 5.

I'm holding out on Cyberpunk, I've heard it runs fine on PS5 but I have so much in my backlog I can easily wait until they sort it out and release a PS5 version. I'm the same with the PS5s version of Yakuza 7, suits be as I still have 5 & 6 to play before March.

Beyond that there really isn't anything incoming that I'm too bothered by, I am interested in Balan Wonderworld but only as a Co-op experience so might hold off on that one too.

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2020, 07:22:31 am »
Neat glad to hear you got it sorted, hoping I won't have to encounter this problem but seems like they're aware and addressing it :)

As I said, I've mostly been using my PS5 as a spruced up PS4, played Days Gone now onto Yakuza 5.

I'm holding out on Cyberpunk, I've heard it runs fine on PS5 but I have so much in my backlog I can easily wait until they sort it out and release a PS5 version. I'm the same with the PS5s version of Yakuza 7, suits be as I still have 5 & 6 to play before March.

Beyond that there really isn't anything incoming that I'm too bothered by, I am interested in Balan Wonderworld but only as a Co-op experience so might hold off on that one too.

I think I'm going to turn the haptics off when I get the Dualsense back. Whilst it was neat in Astros Playroom, the controller was shaking like mad at times, and I feel that must have contributed to the failure of the spring. I generally turn rumble off anyway when I play games.

You're doing the right thing waiting for the PS5 version of Cyberpunk...I am weak when it comes to FOMO  ;D

telekill

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2021, 08:43:43 am »
They sent me prepaid postage labels and I've sent the controller off. He quoted me 15 days to either get a replacement or for it to be fixed.

Sorry to hear about your controller issues, but glad that Sony is taking responsibility and fixing it for you. I'm betting if they have enough issues that they'll have to rethink build quality for the trigger resistance feature.

I ended up waiting on getting a second controller. Normally I buy a second right off the bat, but Sony has taught me over time to be patient.
PS1 controller eventually evolved to have dualshock capabilities.
PS3 controller eventually added back dualshock capabilities.
PS4 controller eventually added a see through area for the light bar feature on the touch pad.

Their controllers are always evolving. I expect the PS5's controller will be modified somehow in the next year or two.