Author Topic: PS5 General Discussion Thread  (Read 8714 times)

Re: PS5 General Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2021, 03:19:54 am »
Sony sent me a controller back on Thursday, so it was exactly 17 days in total.

It's a different controller but it wasn't boxed, so I suspect it is a refurbished controller.

It does look brand new to be fair. I am thinking I will get a second controller in the future anyway.
Beaten: 210   Backlog: 7

telekill

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2021, 08:48:25 am »
I've been finding that with most open world games, AC Valhalla requires me to take a break from it. I feel that these games have gotten too big for their own good. It's great that there's all this content, and the game is actually really good, but spending 40-50 hours in a single game can wear thin on me. This is due to having very little time to play these days, maybe getting 40-60 minutes in for 3-4 nights a week if I'm lucky.

Happy to say that with PS5 playing almost all PS4 games, I'm still able to switch around to something different. I picked up NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered (PS4) and have been enjoying it just as much as I did back on PS3 eleven years ago. Though, the soundtrack still sucks, PS5 does allow the option of playing MP3's from a USB stick, so turning off music in the game itself fixes that issue.  ;)

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2021, 09:12:24 am »
I've been finding that with most open world games, AC Valhalla requires me to take a break from it. I feel that these games have gotten too big for their own good. It's great that there's all this content, and the game is actually really good, but spending 40-50 hours in a single game can wear thin on me.

I just finished Odyssey yesterday, and I agree.  It felt like two separate games that could have each been shortened by about 1/3 and linked together more effectively.  It was good, but by the end i was just pushing to finish it.

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2021, 03:23:17 pm »
I've been finding that with most open world games, AC Valhalla requires me to take a break from it.

100% in the same boat. I love Valhalla so far but I've taken a break from it to clear some games from my backlog. Fully intend on coming back to it here in couple weeks though.

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2021, 03:50:27 pm »
I love open world games, but Odyssey kinda hit me wrong, it's so big, but it doesn't feel engaging enough to warrant the time spent roaming it all.  I hit a point in the story and I saw how long it took me to complete that area, and then I looked at everything else that was left and I was just like "Nah, I think I'm good." Hearing that Valhalla is the same and also more, it's kinda turned me off from checking it out, at least till I can get it stupid cheap a year or two from now.  It was the same problem I had with Red Dead Redemption 2.  It's a nice looking world to explore, but there's not enough interesting side content and depth to it and the story is like 35% to long, so I was basically forcing myself to beat the story, which just wouldn't end.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2021, 03:01:12 pm »
Have played a ton of PlayStation 5 at my friend's house. We are having a blast playing Demon's Souls.
However, we ran into the problem that the four face buttons (Trangle, Square, Circle and X) got stuck when we pressed them.
Did anybody else run into this problem?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

telekill

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2021, 06:44:11 pm »
we ran into the problem that the four face buttons (Trangle, Square, Circle and X) got stuck when we pressed them.
Did anybody else run into this problem?

This is the first I've heard of that problem. My controller has felt pretty solid and the buttons have had no issues as of yet. I'm pretty stickler about anyone playing games after they've just eaten though. Absolutely no eating while playing and if you've eaten anytime lately, you have to wash hands before gaming. This is mostly for the kids, but I follow the rules as well.

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2021, 06:50:12 pm »
My controller has been great also, but being that these are all first release controllers, they are bound to have an assortment of issues popping up here and there.

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2021, 07:00:01 pm »
My controller has been great also, but being that these are all first release controllers, they are bound to have an assortment of issues popping up here and there.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I'm totally okay waiting a few months before getting it.

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2021, 08:25:45 pm »

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I'm totally okay waiting a few months before getting it.

I'm too impatient for that, but yeah it's actually not a bad thing to wait on new systems to that they work out the kinks.

telekill

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2021, 09:34:35 am »
I started replaying Uncharted 2 from the collection on my PS5. It looks incredible. I moved up from the launch PS4 to the PS5 so I'm not sure if there were Pro enhancements or not for the collection (I don't think there were), but the difference is pretty noticeable.

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2021, 02:19:31 pm »
People who have PS5 - was it worth it?

telekill

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2021, 02:38:27 pm »

As with all system launches.... the worth comes with time. I see buying a new system as an access ticket to the next 7+ years of games. So yeah, buying the PS5 will be worth it. As of now, similar to how PS4 launch was, most everything is also available on the previous gen. Feel free to wait if you wish.

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2021, 04:27:33 pm »

It's a straight upgrade from the PS4 Pro, there's a couple good games here with more on the horizon (Such as Horizon), so yeah it was worth it.

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2021, 03:47:30 am »
That's exactly how I see it as - The PS4 Pro+

The fasting loader times are appreciated and enhanced games like Days Gone have been a treat, yet there hasn't been a PS5 exclusives I've felt compelled to get yet. My first was going to be Resident Evil VIII but that's now being released on PS4 too, muck like Yakuza 7. This doesn't bother me though as I still have plenty PS4 games to play and the recent PS+ Lineup has been on fire recently with Control Ultimate Edition released this month.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 12:52:24 pm by vivigamer »