Author Topic: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020!  (Read 17933 times)

Flashback2012

Re: VGCollect Secret Santa 2020! Buy time!
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2020, 02:38:48 pm »
I have been led to believe that Gamestop doesn't keep a database of what they have.  Back when I used to shop there I remember one time I was looking for a specific PS1 game (this was around 2013-2014), I wanted to save time searching and just asked them if they had the game in stock. He told me, no shit, that they don't keep a list and he had no idea.  So I searched, and found it. 
"Oh you found it? Okay cool."
That line is one of many reasons I don't do Gamestop anymore.

Sounds like a lazy employee. They've revamped their computer system a few times but a lot of the things are still the same as when I worked there over 10 years ago. Their database on older systems like PS1 might not be as comprehensive as it used to be but they definitely maintain one. That said, GS is probably the last place I'm going to in 2013/14 looking for PS1 games.  :P

I miss the good ol' FuncoLand days.

I've gone on a tangent about this before but you really don't. I know, I know...it's your feelings, how could I possibly know but that said I worked at FU Land for 2 years and at GS immediately after. I KNOW that all of the nonsense people despise about GS now originated at FU Land and was brought over with the merger/buyout. I too miss the old newspapers that listed all the games and their prices, the playable kiosks and having boxes on display for games we didn't have in stock but I absolutely do NOT miss the constant pitching and those Goddamn cleaning kits.  ::) I have found that people's nostalgia for FU Land is the perfect example of people remembering things with rose-colored glasses.  8)

They absolutely do and should.  Back when I worked at GS (2012) we did regular title on hand counts and made sure to keep track of inventory.  Most stores will even search other store's inventories if customers are looking for something specific that the store doesn't have.

Yeah I think I might've confused things a bit. Their database IN STORE is quite extensive but their website is garbage sometimes for looking things up. I searched for 4-5 things the other day and it said no stores within 100 miles of me had them in stock. Then I visit stores in my area and find what is supposedly nowhere to be found in my area. Not only that but some games won't even show up to be searched whereas they did before. Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero for SWITCH is a good example. I literally just did a search for it and of the 7 results that came back, none are for the Switch version. You know the Switch, that current gen system that no one owns.  :P

I placed an online order a few days back that had a SS item on it. The package has yet to show any movement, though I'm sure it'll get here in time, but I could have avoided that as I was able to find it at a local store. The only hope now is that the shipped copy is still sealed but I'm not holding my breath.  :-[

kashell

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2020, 09:23:21 am »
I may have gone an extra mile or two when adding extra Christmas fun and razzle-dazzle when finalizing the gift. I hope they enjoy!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2020, 01:35:31 pm »
I may have gone an extra mile or two when adding extra Christmas fun and razzle-dazzle when finalizing the gift. I hope they enjoy!
That’s what I dig about you, kid. That Razzle-Dazzle

azure

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2020, 02:25:01 pm »
I'd say from experience of having both of you as my SS, that whoever got you guys this year is in for a treat.  8)

kashell

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2020, 03:46:59 pm »
Many thanks. I like to razzle and dazzle when I can! This seems to be the year to give as much of it as possible.

« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2020, 03:57:06 pm »
Many thanks. I like to razzle and dazzle when I can! This seems to be the year to give as much of it as possible.
Yea true.  I didn't razzle or dazzle this year due to budget, but hopefully next year I can dazzle everyone with my razzle!

kashell

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2020, 04:06:20 pm »
It's the thought that counts!

Flashback2012

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2020, 04:35:46 pm »
I placed an online order a few days back that had a SS item on it. The package has yet to show any movement, though I'm sure it'll get here in time, but I could have avoided that as I was able to find it at a local store. The only hope now is that the shipped copy is still sealed but I'm not holding my breath.  :-[

So I was checking my email and I got a notification from GS, they're getting my order together! I went to go look at it and they're shipping all but one item out...the one item was the SS gift.  :o

kashell

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2020, 08:59:09 am »
Now that we're in the month of November, it's time to think about the right time to ship the item! And, do we update the thread or just soera with that #crucial information?

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2020, 02:05:05 pm »
I shipped my gift directly from eBay.  :-\

soera

« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2020, 01:04:28 am »
just soera with that #crucial information?

This. :)

Flashback2012

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2020, 10:13:01 am »

So I was checking my email and I got a notification from GS, they're getting my order together! I went to go look at it and they're shipping all but one item out...the one item was the SS gift.  :o

So the old tracking number showed my package was supposed to arrive on the 3rd. That day came and went, no package from GS. Same on the 4th and then yesterday. So at this point it's been nearly two weeks since the order was placed. I go online to track the shipment and it says Delivered. Uh oh.  :o Well...the thing is, I ordered on the 23rd of Oct. and it shows being delivered to Pompano Beach, FL (I'm up here in Ohio) on the NINETEENTH of October. I had NO idea GS was capable of time travel!  :P

Well, I tried to chat and eventually a "live" person answered me. Long story short, Fed Ex tracking is f'ed up and they'll let me know when it's fixed. I dunno when, just that they will. I wasn't completely sure I wasn't actually talking to a computer program or someone in a country where English isn't the main language. At any rate, kept getting the run around with a bunch of non-answers so I dunno where that package is or isn't. It certainly didn't show up today. To add insult to injury, the SS gift, and the whole reason I did the order, went from waiting to ship to waiting on item availability.  >:(

It's even more aggravating is that the website says no copies are available within 100 miles of me and I've been in a few locations the last two weeks and found the game at every location.  ::) I'll have to cancel that item off my order which luckily doesn't negate the free shipping but I'm sure I'm going to get the run-around on that too.  :(

*EDIT* Went online to see if I could get into another chat. It said chat was disabled. It gave me a 1-800 number to call, which I did. After about 10 minutes of listening to the automated system/bouncing around...I got the hold music. Then the voice says to wait for the next available person. Right after that it rings...to a another automated message that said the system is down and promptly hangs up on me. >:(
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:35:01 am by Flashback2012 »

kashell

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2020, 11:07:03 am »
Customer service is an oxymoron.

pzeke

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2020, 02:57:19 pm »
Customer service is an oxymoron.

When it comes to GameStop, definitely.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2020, 11:35:17 am »
Bringin my gifts to the postoffice tomorrow!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]