Author Topic: If you could have a complete collection for one system which one would you pick?  (Read 2648 times)

jcalder8

My first choice would be the Intellivision. It was the first system that I ever played so it has always held a special place for me because of this. Also there aren't that many games for the system so it would be fairly easy to get them all and there aren't many expensive ones either.

My second choice would be the Xbox 360 just because I enjoy playing the system and I already have over 400 games.

scott

Sega Saturn, hands down. My goal is a complete CIB collection for the Saturn and I already have 70+ games out of the ~300 that were released. It was one of my most played consoles ever, with NiGHTS, Virtua Cop, Daytona USA and The Lost World: Jurassic Park all getting loads of play time. I eventually even got to the point where I could beat Virtua Cop using only the normal controller, since I never owned the Stunner.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:41:03 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

NES - simply the most iconic video game system of all time. 768 total games would be amazing to show off.

Plus all the peripherals and nintendo power magazines and everything else. Could be a seriously amazing collection to view.

I'm going for 3 different complete sets: Sega Saturn, Sega CD, and NES. I've got 90 of the 255 Saturn games, 46 of the 147 Sega CD games, and 260 NES games, but I've always planned on that set taking me tens of years to complete, so I don't rush myself in that set. The Sega sets I plan on finishing within the next few years. I could have tons more, but I always hold out for nice copies, with limited to no case cracks, and of course they have to be complete, unless it's just a smoking deal like $1 or something for a good game.

I'll tell you what though, this site has been infinitely helpful in tracking my collection on the go, it's kept me from buying doubles on a number of occasions. Three cheers for vgcollect!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

madmax

I would probably go for SNES. The SNES was really a big factor in the upcoming of jRPGs

soera

If I was going for jRPG, Id pick the PS1. You can get FF 1-9 (minus 3 of course), Breath of Fire 3/4, Both Lunar games, the full arc the lad series, Xenogears, Tales of Destiny 1/2, both Chrono games, Dragon warrior 7, etc ... I could go on and on. Its seriously the single best rpg system ever imo. And the fact that you can play the games on ps 1/2/3 is even better!

darko

I'd go with SNES. Hands down.

htimreimer

Odyssey 2 its such a cool system with so many good games

jobocan

SNES... including everything for the Super Famicom of course. Pretty easy choice :P

atariboy

Odyssey 2 its such a cool system with so many good games

HAHAHA I love that you like the classics.

I would have to go with Atari 2600, I would love to have a complete collection for that system.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

SNES, but only just barely over the Genesis.  Aside from Sonic games I mostly ignored my Genesis in it's day.  Now I'm discovering alot of great games, and I realize I underestimated the system far too much.

Saturn for me as well, money-wise I'm pretty close to completing the NTSC set.  I've got quite a few PAL and about 40 of the more fun JP games so far.  Still need to update the collection on here.

Nintendo 64. Seems easier to complete ;)

pacpix

I think it would be really cool to have a complete Atari 2600 collection with every single label variation!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

amauriel

On one hand, the SNES has many of my favorite games and a lot iconic starts, so I'm tempted to say that.

On the other, I'd say I've spent more time with my DS than any other system, so I'm tempted to say that.

I think this is why I generally collect series instead of systems. (All Zelda games, almost all Harvest Moon games, working on a Megami Tensei set, etc.)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."