Author Topic: PS3, PSP & Vita Store Closing Down - I hope I've Read This Wrong?!  (Read 7426 times)

telekill

Re: PS3, PSP & Vita Store Closing Down - I hope I've Read This Wrong?!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2021, 08:28:29 am »
I no longer have my PSP or PS3 but this is a bit sad. As for my PSV, it's been essentially a paperweight unless I want to replay Uncharted Golden Abyss every 3 to 5 years. Oh well.

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2021, 09:14:30 am »
Guess I'll take this opportunity to solicit Vita suggestions.  I've only got a few games on there, but every one that I've played I've really liked.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:25:36 am by Cartagia »

telekill

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2021, 10:35:43 am »
Guess I'll take this opportunity to solicit Vita suggestions.  I've only got a few games on there, but everyone that I've played I've really liked.

I bought Uncharted Fight for Fortune because it had the Uncharted name in it, but it's a card based game. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it, but I got addicted for a while. It's actually pretty good and not available in physical form. I also downloaded the DLCs after getting hooked. It can be pretty challenging as well.

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2021, 06:05:55 pm »
Guess I'll take this opportunity to solicit Vita suggestions.  I've only got a few games on there, but every one that I've played I've really liked.

Suggestions based on what I have(not a whole lot)

Persona 4 Golden
Uncharted: Golden Abyss(by this point youd think this would get a port on the consoles but alas nothing)
Muramasa
Resistance: Burning Skies(if you care for FPS or even Resistance in general)

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 11:25:23 am »
Just coping my list from other post.

:56:47 pm »
QuoteModify
Here list i created i know personally i be making sure, i have before July.

Like:
       PS3:
               Battle Princess of Arcadias PS3,
               Legasista PS3,
               Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment PS3.
               Class Of Heroes 2G (i have physical release, but its very low print run, so most people can only get it digitally, and dont want to open my copy)
       PSP:
               Brandish: The Dark Revenant
               Cladun: This is an RPG!
               End Of Serenity
               Final Fantasy Tactics: War of The Lions
               Mystic Chronicles
      PSVita:
               Adventures of Mana
               Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star
               Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
               Soul Sacrifice Delta
 I am defiantly also going to pick up certain PS1 games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Dragoon, Mega Man Legends 1-2, Parasite Eve 1-2, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Suikoden 1-2, Vagrant Story, Wilds Arms 1-2, Xenogears (even though i own them physically, i just want digital formats, just in case if anything happens to my discs, especially the more expansive PS1 games.  Legend of Dragoon and Final Fantasy Tactics are my favorite PS1 games.
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2021, 02:13:42 am »
It's not looking good for updates guys...
https://www.ign.com/articles/players-reportedly-unable-to-download-essential-ps3-game-patches-ahead-of-store-closure

I'll reference my video once again. Sorry, I know I sound like I'm watching paint dry but I'm not used to talking on Camera.Still, it shows a quicker way to go through PS3 games updates without having to proceed with the install files - I went through all my 200+ PS3 games this way:
https://youtu.be/j3Yyapdg4kE

sworddude

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2021, 08:28:36 am »
Ps4 owners might have it rougher though even your physical games will be unplayable when that ps4 internal clock runs dry

https://in.ign.com/ps3/156762/news/ps3-drm-kills-digital-games-ps4-discs-report

If I'm not mistaken ps5 has that same system. I think there will be solutions for this problem for collectors and such but for the masses who owned such consoles it will be paper weight to much of a hassle. ticking time bombs, was this done on purpose to remove people from their older consoles? because it would definitely work for majority of the consumer base and they would probably not give a flying fuck cause of newer gens and because the console was probably going to die at some point anyway :o

I hope switch and wii u don't have that many issues considering it's allot less online heavy than microsoft or sony.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 08:39:17 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2021, 02:34:21 am »
I must say with utmost sincerity that the ineptitude is truly palpable, and excruciatingly so.

Quite frankly, after reading up about this and seeing how fucking retarded all of it is, I'm very much disheartened and lost all motivation to continue collecting for the console. Shutting down their online storefronts for their other consoles is terrible for sure, but understandable and expected; however, this PS4/PS5 bullshit is outright egregious.

"Play has no limits" literally lost all meaning.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

telly

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2021, 07:15:54 am »
Ps4 owners might have it rougher though even your physical games will be unplayable when that ps4 internal clock runs dry

If I'm not mistaken ps5 has that same system. I think there will be solutions for this problem for collectors and such but for the masses who owned such consoles it will be paper weight to much of a hassle. ticking time bombs, was this done on purpose to remove people from their older consoles? because it would definitely work for majority of the consumer base and they would probably not give a flying fuck cause of newer gens and because the console was probably going to die at some point anyway :o

I hope switch and wii u don't have that many issues considering it's allot less online heavy than microsoft or sony.

The irony is so palpable
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2021, 06:20:20 pm »
If what all I'm reading is correct, then a PlayStation 4 will eventually become a hunk o' junk because one of its clocks will stop working and it won't be able to read discs due to trophy security? Is that it?

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2021, 11:03:15 pm »

If what all I'm reading is correct, then a PlayStation 4 will eventually become a hunk o' junk because one of its clocks will stop working and it won't be able to read discs due to trophy security? Is that it?

I knew something like this was going to happen. Join me and protest against modern video game console standards. Something tells me Microsoft will take advantage of SONY's business flaw. I've always liked Microsoft. SONY I loved their PS3 and PS2 but first.

First they take force us to download patches, then they force us into buying digital copies, then they remove the games off the disc required you to download them in order to play them. then they require most of your hard drive now this happens.

Well I now might need to tell a relative of mine, that his brand new PS4 that he purchased (new) and barely gotten any usage out of will be useless.

In other news last year I was talking to a stranger about video games. and he said he had a few modern video games but, since he is always working and trying to pay bills he never gotten around to them. Gee

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 01:12:07 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

mrkonasoni

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 01:34:07 pm »
PSP will still close, but I think you can buy PSP stuff using the PS3 store, so, not big deal.

Not bad, Sony.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 05:00:37 pm »
What a nightmare this has been... glad to see Sony have come to their sense... but for how long?

Regardless this has given me the kick up the backside to get the last PS3/Vita stuff I want - I got most of it with a decent deal online for a PSN  voucher. The whole fiasco has still put a lot of doubt between me and Sony. The Final Fantasy XVI exclusivity saved me jumping to Xbox this time, but if Xbox continue to treat their heritage titles with the respect they've been doing so, I will inevitably jump ships.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 05:29:39 pm »
Umm.
I don't know, nowadays trust in a company almost always end in failure.

But after this and the cmos battery I jumped the ship and I am sure to support Xbox now.

I am open to keep buying Sony consoles, though.
At least for now it looks that if the cmos battery for PS5 dies the console still play physical games but not digital at all.

But it will require more testing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:32:04 pm by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.