Author Topic: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Official & New ME in the works!  (Read 3017 times)

telekill

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Official & New ME in the works!
« on: November 07, 2020, 05:51:47 pm »
In honor of N7 day, Bioware and EA have delivered the goods.

The Mass Effect trilogy is coming to both current and next gen systems in the form of the Legendary Edition.

The new versions will not be full remakes, but BioWare intends to improve them so players can experience them in their "best possible forms," according to the official announcement. That means better resolutions and frame rates, and all single-player DLC and promotional items will also be included. Elements such as textures, shaders, character models, and effects will all be improved for the Legendary Edition.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is due to release in Spring 2021 for PS4, X1, and PC, and will be playable on PS5 and XSeX with enhancements. BioWare confirmed that the compilation will be optimized for 4K Ultra HD visuals among other enhancements. I'm hoping we see raytracing for next gen.

Teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtbf8ssBn0

Secondly, it was announced that a NEW Mass Effect game is already in the works and will presumably release on PS5, XSeX and PC. It's assumed to be a couple years off at minimum. As the Mass Effect universe in general is fantastic, I'm really happy to see it continue and expand.

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Official & New ME in the works!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 05:56:30 pm »
I was kinda hoping for an ME1 remake, I didn't really like how the game played and it wasn't till ME2 that I actually liked the series.  I'm certainly interested in a new ME if they can turn things around after Andromeda.  I got to the game after they had patched it up, but even then, I wasn't really into it.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 06:03:28 am »
I'll certainly get this, a great set of games!

I saw you put down a PS5 version in the database - Has this been confirmed? If so even better!
https://vgcollect.com/item/188635

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 07:14:41 am »
I was kinda hoping for an ME1 remake, I didn't really like how the game played and it wasn't till ME2 that I actually liked the series.

The wording of some of the release info doesn't preclude an overhaul to how ME1 plays - stuff like "We are not remaking all three games" - but we will definitely need to wait on more news before being sure.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 08:20:51 am »
I'll certainly get this, a great set of games!

I saw you put down a PS5 version in the database - Has this been confirmed? If so even better!
https://vgcollect.com/item/188635

I put the PS5 version up for two reasons.

1. It has specific PS5 (next gen) enhancements not available on current gen.

2. They would be stupid to not simply release a disc version for next gen systems with the enhancements already on the disc. Next gen systems will have been out 4-6 months by the time the set is released. Granted... EA has proven to be stupid in the past so who knows.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 06:06:07 pm »
lets hope it plays better on ps4/ps5 then the original trilogy release did on ps3

telekill

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 09:32:43 am »
Murmurings that there may be a full reveal of the Legendary edition this week; potentially as early as today. Hoping to see announcements on what next gen enhancements will be as well as confirmation of physical next gen copies of it instead of EA being lazy.

telekill

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 01:50:14 pm »
Here's the breakdown of today's info:

Release Date: May 14th

No PS5 or XSeX versions will be released separately because EA decided to be lazy stating that they couldn't make a big enough difference between PS4 and PS5 to justify it.  ::)

Both PS4 and X1 versions of the game will be compatible for play on PS5 and XSeX respectively.

Legendary Edition in General:
 - Includes all three games
 - All DLC
 - Cleaner Textures ("10s of thousands")
 - Faster FPS
 - 4K UHD w/HDR support
 - Improved shaders and VFX
 - Updated Lighting
 - Improved Dynamic Shadows
 - Volumetrics and depth-of-field.
 - Remastered character models
 - Multiplayer from ME3 NOT included  :'(

First Mass Effect game specific:
 - Combat and exploration "modernized"
 - Added detail and depth
 - Improved interfaces and UI
 - Improved aiming
 - Improved squad controls and behavior
 - Improved Mako handling
 - Improved cameras

$150 Legendary Edition Cache: Does NOT include the game which I don't understand why they do this. Same thing with Andromeda. Made no sense then either. Still, that helmet is pretty damn cool.

Link to the details:
https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-effect-legendary-edition-release-date-preorder
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:56:06 pm by telekill »

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 05:26:37 pm »
Man, that trailer made me want to replay the whole trilogy.  It did it's job good.

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 05:56:38 pm »
I'm tempted to get it for a new playthrough, but not sure I want to deal with Mass Effect 1.  I know all the games are getting cleaned up, but I really didn't like how the series played till ME2, so I ended up skipping the first game entirely.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 06:04:41 pm »
I'm tempted to get it for a new playthrough, but not sure I want to deal with Mass Effect 1.  I know all the games are getting cleaned up, but I really didn't like how the series played till ME2, so I ended up skipping the first game entirely.

They did say they are updating the combat in ME1, so it's just a matter of how much.

telekill

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 06:13:45 pm »

They did say they are updating the combat in ME1, so it's just a matter of how much.

That's the question of the day for me. If they can bring the gameplay closer if not on par with ME2 and 3 then I'll be happy.

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 06:38:24 am »
Looks like some of ME1's DLC isn't included due to problems locating the source code... It's hardly a deal breaker but a minor sting:
https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-effect-1-dlc-cut-because-of-corrupted-source-code

telekill

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 08:38:50 am »
I saw that. Apparently they're also getting rid of at least some of the butt shots of Miranda from the 2nd game. Unfortunate but understandable as the focus should be on her face at least when she's talking. Still, I'll post a couple of said shots here for posterity. I'm half surprised they didn't put all the women in tank tops and jeans.