Author Topic: Would you trade?  (Read 2467 times)

teknophyl

Would you trade?
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:19:19 pm »
I have an extra Slim 360. Someone is interested in trading it with me for a Vita 3g/Wifi.

I am intrigued. I dont travel, and I have a DS, but the device is talking to the gadget freak in me.

Does anyone own one who can weigh on on pros/cons?

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

soera

Re: Would you trade?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:34:21 pm »
Atm, I would say the Vita outvalues the 360. Of course I hate the Xbox systems in general and will always pull for anything Playstation ... but there are 360s at every pawn store I ever step foot into. Hell, there is a 360 at my wife's Goodwill atm for $40 with all the cords.

scott

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 02:55:28 pm »
Is the extra 360 not being used at all? And did you get the spare cheap? If so, it could be a good up trade.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 02:57:47 pm »
Since it is an extra I would make this trade without a doubt, and I do love my 360 and I don't like anything Sony puts out but I still like trying new systems.

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 03:01:18 pm »
It sounds like a good trade if you have the extra and do not have a Vita.

However, if you are looking for insight on the Vita, I can give you very little. Ronalopolis has been playing some Ninja Gaiden and some soccer on it, I got Katamari and was not a fan of the control scheme that required the back panel...so we've been using ours primarily for PSP games we missed that are on digital download, and although they look pretty, if you already have a PSP you already had access to them.

If you did not already have a PSP, and you're OK with digital copies, there were a few games that are worth playing and I definitely say go for it then.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

teknophyl

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 03:09:50 pm »
It sounds like a good trade if you have the extra and do not have a Vita.

However, if you are looking for insight on the Vita, I can give you very little. Ronalopolis has been playing some Ninja Gaiden and some soccer on it, I got Katamari and was not a fan of the control scheme that required the back panel...so we've been using ours primarily for PSP games we missed that are on digital download, and although they look pretty, if you already have a PSP you already had access to them.

If you did not already have a PSP, and you're OK with digital copies, there were a few games that are worth playing and I definitely say go for it then.

I'm hoping for CFW soon, to be honest. I have a lot of eboots that I want to play and I don't own a PSP anymore. It looks like PS1 games are on the horizon though, so I imagine it will be a matter of time before Popsloader works on it.

Thanks for the insight. I'm going to do it.

teknophyl

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:11:15 pm »
Is the extra 360 not being used at all? And did you get the spare cheap? If so, it could be a good up trade.

We have 2, my game room model and the one in the living room with a Kinect for the kids. It is used very little. I can get one relatively cheap, as opposed to a full blown 3g/Wifi Vita, though. I think I made up my mind  8)

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »

We have 2, my game room model and the one in the living room with a Kinect for the kids. It is used very little. I can get one relatively cheap, as opposed to a full blown 3g/Wifi Vita, though. I think I made up my mind  8)

Yeah, sounds like a good deal for sure for something you're not actively using.  I mean, I'm sure you won't actively be using the Vita either but at least you'll be ready for the next gen of portable games!  or rather, the next gen of ports... :\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 04:02:54 pm »
The next Gen of ports-able gaming!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 05:21:48 pm »
The next Gen of ports-able gaming!

Yup yup!  Next gen of portable ports!

Sounds like a nerdy Jeopardy category.  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 05:58:17 pm »
If you change your mind about the Vita I will trade you one of my 360's for it :D

teknophyl

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 08:55:48 am »
If you change your mind about the Vita I will trade you one of my 360's for it :D

I will keep this in mind  8)

teknophyl

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »
I was due a lousy Craigslist experience - I've had a run of good ones but it's over now. This guy apparently changed his mind; I think he's waiting for a different deal for a PS3... who knows? But I transferred all the game data off, cleaned the system, boxed everything back in its original packages, threw in an HDMI cable, and now all of a sudden he can't be reached. Oh well, no port-able games for me this go-round  ???