Author Topic: Top 30 Pick Ups of 2020!  (Read 2642 times)

theflea

Top 30 Pick Ups of 2020!
« on: January 02, 2021, 12:03:04 am »
Another end of the year and it's time to go over all my pickups of 2020 and list thirty of my favorite pickups from this past year.
This list is based on a mix of rarity, value, just because I was hunting for it or maybe a good story behind it. Just my personal favorite pick ups.
Please list some of your best or favorite pick ups from 2020, I don't expect 30, just list as many you fell where your best from this last year.

First a few honorable mentions...

32. Atari VCS
The system isn't the best I know, but after two years, so many delays and so many people saying it would never come out... it finally came in the mail. I don't expect to use this console much, I honestly expect it to be a future failure, but happy to add it to my collection.

31. Ra-One (PS2)
This is a hard game to come by, it was only released in India. I picked up the PS3 version some years ago and saw one on Ebay for the longest time not selling. The seller contacts me with an offer and I countered and he accepted. The odd part of this game its has "promotional copy not for resale" printed on the game and the back of the box. So this might be a review copy.

Now on to the TOP 30 PICK UPS of 2020...

30. Pachiokun Special 3 (Super Famicom)
This is one of the rarest Super Famicom games, it rarely shows up on Ebay and when one popped up for $6 I snatched it up ASAP. While the game is super rare, its just a pachinko game and there's not a high demand for it so it usually goes for pretty cheap.

29. Album Club: Mune Kyun Saint Paulia Jogakuin (Sega Saturn)
I saw this game played online and it made me laugh at the crazy Japanese game. I looked up what a copy goes for and see one copy going for $300 and thought I can wait. I put the game on my watch list and it took almost two years before another copy appeared, this time the seller was asking $60 or best offer. (i had too) I offered $50 and he excepted. The game is dumb as hell but it was weird Japanese enough for me to want to own.

28. Pokonyan! Henpokorin Adventure (Super Famicom)
While I was on a Super Famicom hunt I came across a copy of this game way under priced. This game sells for $80-$100 and this seller was asking $40. Other then a discolored back it looked it good shape. I bought it and after a long wait I get it and it's fine. Not going to complain. Glad it wasn't one of the games I lost in the mail due to Covid.

27. Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Wii Remote (Wii)
I didn't buy Skyward Sword when it first came out, I got the game later on but I always wanted the Wii Remote. I was at my local used game store and they get one in in perfect edition. They where asking $40 and I had to get it.

26. Camp California (TurboGrafx CD)
I went out game hunting to several new game stores I've never been to before and the first store I get too had a large lot of TurboGrafx 16 games that just came in. I picked out three games and they had a coupon for 20% off sale going on. I never played this game and to be honest had no idea what kind of game it was. It reminds me a lot of Wally Bear for the NES. The game isn't that great but a rare T16 game for my collection.

25. Radirgy (Sega Dreamcast)
This was an odd shooter I was looking for and I see one on Ebay for a decent price and he had that Make an offer so I got it even cheaper.

24. Steam Hearts (Sega Saturn)
This rare shooter is mainly known for it's "Adult" cut scenes, as a shooter its not bad and its usually a very pricy game. I found a copy and made an offer with the seller and got it a lot cheaper then it usually goes for. 

23. Time Bokan Series: Bokan to Ippatsu! Doronboo Kanpekiban (Sega Saturn)
This is another goofy weird Japanese shooter that usually goes for way over $100. I find a seller who took way under that and had to pick it up.

22. Sparkster (SNES)
I recently sold an extra copy of Mega Man 7 and used the money to get this game I've wanted in my collection.

21. DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou (PS2)
Early in the year I was looking for one of those crazy Japanese bullet hell games, I was able to pick a copy up on the cheap online and paid about half what it goes for today.

20. Espgaluda (PS2)
Another Japanese shooter that I wanted, biggest issue I had was finding a copy with the Soundtrack at a good price. I find one that was a good price but they show a stock photo. In description they list it as complete with box, manual and two discs. So I took a chance and the game came in like new shape with the soundtrack. Glad I took the risk.

19. The Rumble Fish (Atomiswave)
I swear I'm slowly going for a complete Atomiswave collection. I got Rumble Fish 2 last year and was looking for part one at a good price. I find one WAY under priced but it had one thing that worried me. The seller was in China. He had pics of the board and it all looked legit and the serial number wasn't a fake one. Usually when I see a game coming from China I pass due to they are noted for selling fakes. I took a chance and bought it. Took a month to get to me and I checked it out. Works great and its the real deal.

18. Choujikuu Yousai Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie (Super Famicom)
As you can tell from this list I like Shooters, I was on Ebay looking for cheap Super Famicom games when I found a copy of this shooter going for low price. I save it to my watch list and the seller sent me an offer even lower. I had to buy it. Glad this wasn't one of the games I lost in shipping when I ordered a bunch of Super Famicom games. (lost 3 out of 21 games, Thanks to Covid 19) Many of the Super Famicom games took over six months to get to me.

17. Soldier Blade (TurboGrafx 16)
Second of the T16 games I picked up from that game hunt (that I all spent my gaming budget at the first store) This is a fine shooter for the T16.

16. Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ (NDS)
In May I was out of town game hunting and stopped at a hole in the wall game store. I was looking around seeing nothing then I see this rare DS game in their cabinet. I was under priced. I had to ask if they would a lower price (not by much but at these mom & pop stores something they make deals) He guy said he'd look it up and at that point I knew I wasn't getting lower. He sees it goes for about $80 more online and tells me he can't go cheaper then what he had listed and I knew if I didn't buy it he was going to correct the price. This is a good shooter, I'm glad I picked it up.

15. Gamepark GP32
This was a handheld console I always overlooked because I thought it was a emulator system, later versions where but the GP32 had its own library of games. I find a loose system for a very good price and got it, but now I need a game for it. Games are not common and most want over $100 for even a loose game. I'll get a game for it when I can.

14. Tchibo Tele-Fever
This was a rare console that was a random find on Ebay. I was looking up rare game consoles and after going through a ton of stuff I don't consider "rare" I see a system called the Tele Fever. I looked it up and find out its a rare German version of the Arcadia 2001 and it had its box and one game with it. The seller already had a decent price for it, but he had that "make an offer" so I had to. He excepted and took a month to get to me, only issue was the box got water damaged in shipping but the console survived just fine. Another odd console in my collection for sure.

13. Microsoft XBox Series X
I always pick up the newest game consoles nowadays and on the day this systems where taking pre-orders I got off work at 3am and rushed to my nearest Gamestop, Found the first one had way to many people camped outside so I rushed to a smaller store not to far away. They had three people in line and they said there was four Series X's available to pre-order so I camped out there. I got my pre-order in and got my console as soon as I could pick it up. Been playing it more then the PS5 to be honest.

12. Sony PlayStation 5
Sony kind of dropped pre-orders with no warning and I was at work. I thought I was screwed. I was on my phone at every free moment trying to get a pre-order in. Every site was crashing and running at a snails pace. Many times I had it in my cart only for the site to crash and I'd have to start over again. I missed the first wave but knew Best Buy wasn't taking pre-orders yet so I kept checking their site. at about midnight my time they appeared up for pre-order and again, the site crashed so bad it barely ran. I kept getting the system in my cart then crash. start over. Finally after three hours of this I get one in my cart, pay for it and right as I hit confirm order the site crashed. I thought I was back to square one. I try again but the site told me I couldn't add to cart due to there was a limit. I checked my purchases and it got through. The system came two days after launch but I got one and I was happy. I feel bad for those trying to get a PS5 now, good luck guys. This is the main reason these new consoles make the list, because how hard it is to get one right now, I feel blessed to be able to get both at launch.

11. Neutopia II (TurboGrafx 16)
The third of the T16 games I found on that game hunt. This was the game I had to buy. I love Zelda games and this was its clone for the T16. I was always close to pulling the trigger on this game on Ebay but never found one at a good price I wanted to pay. I was shocked to find a copy in the wild and at a decent price. (plus that 20% off)  ;)

10. The Space Adventure (Sega CD)
Of the hardest to get games for the Sega CD this was the last one I needed. I've been trying to get a copy for $500 or under for a long time. I see a copy go up on Ebay for $600 or best offer. I had to make an offer. I tried my luck at $450 and the seller countered with $500 and I had to buy it. Most sellers want $600+ for this game.

9. Last Resort (AES)
I love Neo Geo AES and always on the look out for new games. I see a loose copy of Last Resort with a make an low offer and was surprised when the seller accepted. Loose AES games are not as popular with collectors but I don't mind. Its a decent shooter for the AES and I had fun playing it.

8. Meteorites (Atari 5200)
I was down to missing three games for the Atari 5200, I see a CIB copy on open bid auction. I watch and and to my surprise I win it for less then a loose copy goes for. This is the second rarest game for this system.

7. MissileVader (Supervision 8000)
About two years ago I got a super rare game console from Japan called the Bandai Super Vision 8000, only issue it had no games with it. I hate owning a console and not having at least one game with it. I've been looking for a game to appear on Ebay ever sense. A couple months ago one appeared but the seller wanted way to much for it. I had it in my watch list for a long time then one day I get an offer from the seller, I replied with a counter offer and he accepted and I finally have a game to play on this rare console. Its basically Space Invaders. lol

6. Atlantis (Odyssey 2)
I figured out I had all but one game for my Odyssey 2, I had to complete it. I hunted for almost a year looking for this last game I needed. I finally find a loose copy on an open auction. I waited and snipped at the last second to win it way lower then it usually goes for. Now I have a complete US game collection for Odyssey 2.

5. Starblade Alpha (PS1)
Last year I got every PS1 game but this one, I could never find a copy complete in decent shape and at a good price. I found a complete copy on an online site that I've never ordered from before. The game looked in good shape and it was under what people on Ebay where asking so I ordered it. I got it with no issues. This was the last game I needed for a complete US PS1 collection.

4. Panasonic MSX2 FS-A1 Mk II
I've been hunting for a good MSX2 lot for some time now, most want $300 for the console and nothing else. I find a lot with three games and a controller and make an offer for it for $250. To my surprise the seller excepted.

3. Atari 2600 - Six Switch Heavy - (Sunnyvale version)
I had every Atari variation ever made in the USA but could never find an original Heavy Sixer. I was always hoping to find one at a garage sale. One day I see one online with original box for a good price and I had to pull the trigger and finally get one in my collection.

2. Sharp SF1
This was a story I'll tell for ages how I got this TV/system. In case you don't know its a Super Famicom built into a CRT TV. (It plays SNES games with an adapter)
I've been wanting an SF1 TV for years but they always where way over priced and shipping from Japan was insane.  I saw one appear on Ebay for a good price and came with five games. but he had "make an offer" so I had to and got it for $700 + $50 shipping. It was coming from Japan, and took two weeks to get to me. When it finally came it I was excited to open it but found the TV had been badly damaged in shipping. It was in pieces. It didn't even turn on. I told seller what happened and he refunded my money and told me to keep it. Well I knew I had to try and save this rare system. I took it to a game store that repairs consoles and he hesitated to try and fix this just because he never seen and SF1 let alone repaired one. He was a huge Nintendo fan and like me wanted to see this repaired. He got everything repaired but found the tube had issues. So he found a TV repair man that at when I called him and told him I wanted a CRT TV tube repaired he thought I was nuts. Telling me its not worth repairing. But after I explained the Rarity of this TV he took it in and got the tube looking great. In the end this TV cost me about $275. I love this thing, quick and easy way to play SNES and Super Famicom games.  ;D

1. Entex Adventure Vision
This was my white whale of game collecting for years and early this year I finally got one. It's a strange tabletop game console from the early 80s that has red and black graphics before Virtual Boy. It also has no screen, it uses a fast rotating mirror to display the game. Hard to find a system at all let alone one that works. I saw one on Ebay for a high price and he had "make an offer" so I made an offer and thought "there's no way he's going to except that price"... To my shock he did.  :o I now have it on display in may game room next to my Vectrex and Virtual Boy systems.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

Re: Top 30 Pick Ups of 2020!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 01:23:02 am »
That's nice in all but not everyone is equally impressed especially people with small collections, I am not talking about me personally, but for people that only have games in the single or double or triple Digits? I am a gamer and a collector, but if you are for real then that would explain how and why some maybe a few collectors can't get those nice things in their collection.

In my own opinion you should consider the little guy, Not me but the people just starting out.

Again I am only trying to stick up for the majority of this of people on this site.

but this opinion is also coming from a guy with a lot of video games and accessories as well

Don't take this as jealousy I'm blessed but not everyone is as lucky as the both of us
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 01:25:11 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 02:21:16 am »
No way in hell I can do 30, but here are some of my best in no particular order:

Playstation 5 Console: A very awesome member of a facebook collecting group sold me his new PS5 for MSRP+tax+shipping because my fiancee wanted one really bad for XMAS. Got to me in time and she had an incredible Christmas as a result :)

Samurai Western (PS2): Found a copy of this at a used media store just last week. Had it $10 which I figured was a decent price, but after checking ebay my eyeballs nearly exploded. Can't believe what some PS2 games are going for now.

Sega Saturn MODE: I now have most of the Saturn library right at my disposal and saved a Saturn console from the trash given it's fauly disc drive. Win-win for me :D

LRG Neo Geo collectors editions: I freakin love these things and at one point I considered trying to get all of them. Eventually decided against this but super happy with the 3 I have, and can't wait for several others I ordered to arrive.

New gaming PC: Built it from the ground up back in May with my stimulus check. It still needs a decent GPU, which has been a nightmare to try and obtain over the past year, but once I do it'll be complete. Otherwise it's insane how capable it is.

OSSC: Awesome upscaler that has allowed me to enjoy many of my retro games on modern TVs with few of the drawbacks typically associated with this. It's definitely been well used since I bought it last Spring.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 04:29:01 am »
PlayStation 5 - Getting the beast was quite a big deal, I just turned up to my GAME store on the day of Pre-order and got one - Something I certainly had conflicting thoughts about. There was a bit of nonsense with GAME in having to pay off your pre-order in the span of 3 days. But I did so, then went to collect it on launch day despite with everything going on it was very well handled.

Final Fantasy Vinyl Re-Issues
I already had the FF8 Vinyl but never got a chance to get the FF7 picture disc one, well S-E released a set of Re-Issues on some of there Vinyls and I dove in!
I got:
2x Final Fantasy VII Picture Disc Double LP
2x Final Fantasy XIII Music Selection Single LP
1x Final Fantasy VIII Picture Disc Double LP
1x NieR/NieR Automata Vinyl Boxset (4-LPs)
Also, I'll throw in the Distant Worlds IV Vinyl as that was very tricky to hunt down and is my favourite DW record!

World of Final Fantasy Collectors Edition
Probably one of the best CE's I've ever got! WoFF CE comes with A generously sized artbook, figures, soundtrack CD and the box itself has a pop-up book function! Managed to get it and the guide for a very good price. Great game too, I was put of it for many years but when I got around to it, loved it!

Final Fantasy VIII PlayStation UK Magazine with Demo
I've always wanted to own this. It's an official PlayStation Magazine dedicated to the release of Final Fantasy VIII. I had to buy it separately from the Demo and it took a LONG time to find it (Talking over a year), but now I finally have it I'm very pleased.

Yakuza Remastered Collection
For me the most important release of the year, it makes a series which really began to struggle during the PS3 years once again fully accessible. Thanks to this re-release you can play Yakuza 0 - 7 all on the PS4! And what a marvelous treat that is! The games themselves run great at 1080p/60FPS and have been a joy to play.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 04:39:01 am by vivigamer »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 05:50:20 am »
I'll do as many as I can remember

1.Nosferatu for Snes first time I've ever seen one and I don't buy online so I had to pick it up.

2.Final Fight Guy for Snes first time ever seeing this one also (this is going to be the thing with alot of this list) had
to get it.

3.You Don't Know Jack for Xbox 360 this was one of the few games I need to complete the 360 collection it's not expensive but was pain in the ass for me to find.

4.Gotcha Force for Gamecube only seen this a few times but always passed it up because was priced to high. My son found one for way cheaper than what it normally sells for and bought it for my birthday.

5.Enemy Zero for Sega Saturn another game I've been looking for a long time and this was the first time I ever found one.

6.Wayne's World for Nes happy to finally add this horrible game to my collection Schwing!

7.Xbox Series X glad I was able to find one!

8.1977 Skyhawk pinball table

9.Musha CIB for Sega Genesis never thought I would own this a friend tracked this down for me a gave me a great price.

10.Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for Snes searched years for this.

11.Sonic R for Sega Saturn

12.Animal Crossing Switch special ed.

13.New 3ds XL Samus edition

14.Sony PSP Jill Stuart Sweet Limited Package not totally sure this was added this year but I think it was.

15.Duck Tails 2 for Nes.

16.Little Red Riding Hood for Nintendo Ds I also found my copy this year.

17.Sweet Fuse: At your side (this was the last game released for the psp in North America)

18.SNK Gal Fighters for Neo Geo Pocket color finally found this one.

19.Musya: The Classic Japanese Tale of Horror for Snes

20.I also got a new gaming pc and it is sweet, been about 15 years since I had one.

Well that's about it,these are in no particular order 

Will try to add more later.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:45:53 am by wartoy »

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 06:07:24 am »
That's nice in all but not everyone is equally impressed especially people with small collections, I am not talking about me personally, but for people that only have games in the single or double or triple Digits? I am a gamer and a collector, but if you are for real then that would explain how and why some maybe a few collectors can't get those nice things in their collection.

In my own opinion you should consider the little guy, Not me but the people just starting out.

Again I am only trying to stick up for the majority of this of people on this site.

Maybe ask the opinions of other people on the site before jamming yours on us.

telekill

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 08:26:52 am »
Wow. Good year for you. I have nowhere near 30 pick ups for the year as I was holding off on quite a bit due to saving up for the PS5 so I could pay cash.

Top pick up is definitely the PS5. I got the $500 model as I prefer physical media and have dozens of PS4 games to play on it. I was seeing the writing on the wall about a year ago and started saving last January. I put my name on a call list back in May at my local Gamestop. They called me the day the preorder madness started (thanks for that chaos Walmart) while I was eating dinner. I dropped the fork and drove to the store. I live about 5 min away but there was already a line of about 5 people. I managed to snag a preorder of both the system and the wireless Pulse headset.

The rest of my pick ups aren't really in an order of significance. Just that I got them.
 - AC Valhalla (PS5)
 - Double Dragon (Game Gear)
 - Road Rash (Game Gear)
 - FF7 Remake (PS4)
 - Streets of Rage 4 LRG (PS4)
 - Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
 - Destiny Beyond Light Expansion (PS4/5)
 - RE3 Remake (PS4)

Then for the kids:
 - Animal Crossing (Switch)
 - New Super Lucky's Tale (Switch)
 - Ghost of a Tale (PS4)

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 01:47:21 pm »
In no particular order:

1. PS5-The morning of launch I went on multiple sites that had them in stock like Newegg, Gamestop and Target with no success. Closest was Target but did not want to go through. Luckily I was still on the Sony Direct line and as I left Target cuz I had given up, I was next on line. I managed to get my info set using autofill and it went through. Got it the next day in the mail

2. Xbox Series X-Got one when Walmart did a drop the night before Thanksgiving and it wasnt going well despite having to skip the add cart step since it was in my save for later from the last time I was trying to get one. I kept going and eventually managed to get one however for delivery. I guess store pickup was sold out as I was trying to check out so it automatically changed me to delivery. While I did have to wait a few days after the estimate arrival date, I eventually did get it delivered

3. Chrono Trigger SNES-This was at the local game store I've been going to for some years and I wanted it. I decided to trade in a good chunk of items I had put away for some months and with what I traded in, I managed to get more than enough for it plus a few other items. It was mostly junk that I felt was going to be tough trying to sell but it went to a good place and I also got rid of some clutter

4. Biohazard Revival Selection PS3-Also from said local store. It was I believe a collector's edition version of this with an artbook packaged in a box of sorts. For those that dont know, this is a physical copy of Resident Evil 4 HD and Code Veronica X HD that came out on the PS3 since they were only released digital in the states

5. Mafia Trilogy Xbox One-Only released physically in Europe. This has Mafia Definitive Edition, Mafia 2 Definitive Edition and Mafia 3 Definitive Edition. While 1 and 3(although base since this is just the base games with the DLC) did have physical releases before, Mafia 2 was given the shaft and its only available on disc in this collection

6. Turbografx-16 Mini-Wanted to add another mini console to what I already had and I figured that pre-ordering was the best idea since it would be tough getting my hands on it later on since it was an Amazon exclusive with no signs on restock and for the most part, I was right

7. Yakuza HD Collection-Moreso the original release that came in a big box that included a case for Yakuza 5 on PS3. Had that pre-ordered and as it stands, no way of finding it now at retail so again made the right decision

8. Bloodborne GOTY Edition-This one was random as I stumbled upon it one day and thought why not. I like having my games with their content on disc and since thats no the case here in the states, I decided on this European release

9. Dark Souls Collector's Edition-I love Dark Souls so I bought this off of someone on FB Marketplace and I missed out on this when it first came out however I never really sought it out years after the fact

10. Xeno Chip Gamecube-This was more recent. Someone on CL was selling theirs and I technically won one years back but that never happened so bought this. With this, I can play import titles as well as using an attachment that would allow me to play games off an SD card. As it stands, I waiting for the boot disc for it to be used

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 02:30:02 pm »

but this opinion is also coming from a guy with a lot of video games and accessories as well

Don't take this as jealousy I'm blessed but not everyone is as lucky as the both of us
What?

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 03:49:12 pm »

What?

I realize that came out wrong

I was upset because I'm was stupid, I need to take that back. I just pictured @theflea with having 2 or 3  or more of every console sitting around getting dusty and it just makes me uneasy that other people could be buying up all the retro consoles, and games and since I don't think anyone builds this stuff anymore I think it is in limited supply.

Imagine if millions of people had a retro collection like @theflea, if so there would be nothing left

I just don't want to see the day where if one of my consoles fails I can't get a replacement unless I fork over top dollar for one.  it's not that @theflea has more it just that I am upset the games could be dwindling in numbers.

another big concern if there was ever a fire in my home I would not be able to replace anything someday

this goes for everyone sake not just myself.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 04:25:43 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 05:55:10 pm »
@Oldgamerz - No probs :)

I don't think many of us here can really list 30 items of the year that are of immense value. But I do see the topic as a nice way to reflect and appreciate the things we have received rather than a place to force gloating.

Out of curiosity, is there anything you've managed to get this year which really stands out and has brought you joy?

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 06:51:33 pm »
@Oldgamerz - No probs :)

I don't think many of us here can really list 30 items of the year that are of immense value. But I do see the topic as a nice way to reflect and appreciate the things we have received rather than a place to force gloating.

Out of curiosity, is there anything you've managed to get this year which really stands out and has brought you joy?

yes Call of Duty Black Ops for 1 for PS3 (a working copy of it) also Call Of Duty Black Ops  2, and 3, for the Xbox 360,

2 brand new PS2 controllers from Walmart for $19

I got a new Turbo Graphics 16 mini

and a some racing games and most the names of the games I got,  I can't remember what they were called, all I know is I didn't previously have them. I am sorry that I made a scene

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 06:55:56 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

theflea

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 08:59:04 pm »
I love reading every ones best finds. It doesn't have to be expensive or rare, just something you loved getting this year.

I never said you had to list 30, I list 30 because I get a lot of video games over the year.
I posted "Please list some of your best or favorite pick ups from 2020, I don't expect 30, just list as many you feel where your best from this last year".

Everyone should have a few pickups last year they are excited to add to their collection. I don't care if its just a copy Super Mario Bros, if that's your favorite find then tell us about it.  ;D

Anyway, keep posting your favorite pickups from 2020, it can be one or one hundred. Just have fun remembering your personal best finds this year.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 09:02:11 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 09:01:49 pm »
I love reading every ones best finds. It doesn't have to be expensive or rare, just something you loved getting this year.

I never said you had to list 30, I list 30 because I get a lot of video games over the year.
I posted "Please list some of your best or favorite pick ups from 2020, I don't expect 30, just list as many you feel where your best from this last year".

Everyone should have a few pickups then year they are excited to add to their collection. I don't care if its just a copy Super Mario Bros, if that's your favorite find then tell us about it.  ;D

Anyway, keep posting your favorite pickups this year, it can be one or one hundred. Just have fun remembering your personal best finds this year.  ;)

I will say this. Looking at your Zelda Wii mote has made wanting to look for one. It looks very nice and Im not sure why I never made attempts at getting one especially given my fandom for the franchise.

theflea

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 09:40:11 pm »

What?

I realize that came out wrong

I was upset because I'm was stupid, I need to take that back. I just pictured @theflea with having 2 or 3  or more of every console sitting around getting dusty and it just makes me uneasy that other people could be buying up all the retro consoles, and games and since I don't think anyone builds this stuff anymore I think it is in limited supply.

Imagine if millions of people had a retro collection like @theflea, if so there would be nothing left

I just don't want to see the day where if one of my consoles fails I can't get a replacement unless I fork over top dollar for one.  it's not that @theflea has more it just that I am upset the games could be dwindling in numbers.

another big concern if there was ever a fire in my home I would not be able to replace anything someday

this goes for everyone sake not just myself.

I feel I have to address this commit, my goal is the have one of every game & console. Once a system is in my collection I have no need to buy more, the only time I buy extras is from garage sales. Then I sell or trade then off to others so I can afford the crazy prices of game collecting today.
I NEVER have bought a game at a retro video game store or buy every PS5/Series X to sell, I only sell/trade stuff I pick up from garage sales.
Also I've always been collector first, when I do sell my extras I try my best to sell at under the going values and try my best give deals to fellow collector's.
I'm not hording games and consoles to make the market go up, I hate those people myself. I'm a gamer and collector at heart, always have been.

There are a lot of big collectors out there, some bigger then me. (shocking I know) I've been collecting video games before it was even a thing. This didn't happen over night it was over close to 30 years now. I agree prices are crazy today, but its due to the market and sellers taking advantage of it.
Hell when I'm asked "what will you do if the market crashes" I always say "yay, maybe I can afford more of those pricy games now".
Ya I agree it sucks that so many people are into collecting video games now its tough to find games when I go to retro game stores. It's a double edged sword, more people share your passion, but due to that sellers can see there's a market so they jack up prices and people pay it.

When I do expos (not this year of course) people love my table because I do my best to give them a good fair price, then I spend all the money on games I need in my personal collection at the show of other areas. I rather see the extras I pick up go to a collector or a gamer then a seller anytime.

Sorry for the rant, when I show you guys my finds I'm not being smug and bragging I got this and you don't. I just get excited about my finds, what I added to my collection. I love to share my passion with others who love video games. Also I like reading others finds, I'm a collector who got an early start is all.
If I show you good deals I get from garage sales or clearance tables, I do it to show you guys there's deals out there just go game hunting.

Happy game hunting in 2021.

I will say this. Looking at your Zelda Wii mote has made wanting to look for one. It looks very nice and Im not sure why I never made attempts at getting one especially given my fandom for the franchise.
Good luck man, hope you find one at a good price. Look in retro stores and ask to look through their Wii Remotes, maybe one might be mixed in there.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 09:56:44 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"