Author Topic: First printing games  (Read 873 times)

First printing games
« on: January 08, 2021, 11:19:53 am »
Hello. Just have a few questions regarding what is considered a first printing game.

First, would any copy of a game purchased on Launch Day be a first printing? Also, are "Day One" edition games first printings, as well?

Last, how about collector's/limited/special edition games? Are there generally only one printing of these? I would imagine they are sold in a predetermined quantity and aren't printed a second or third time but I wanted to get some confirmation.

I appreciate any answers anyone can provide!

dhaabi

Re: First printing games
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 11:46:42 am »
Generally, I believe that all of your assumed answers to your questions are correct. However, at the top of my head, I know that Special Reserve Games's Gris received two print runs, with the second to be distributed roughly 18 months later. That being said, the second print run was not printed as a numbered set, unlike the initial print run. I'm sure that there are other instances of the items you're questioning having more than one assumed print run as well.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:59:19 am by dhaabi »

tripredacus

Re: First printing games
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 12:05:28 pm »
There are instances where LEs are the first printing, and also situations where a "first print" and LE are released at the same time.