Author Topic: End of Month Stats for April 2012  (Read 3717 times)

scott

End of Month Stats for April 2012
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »
It's the 1st of the month and that means... Stats! April was a slower than usual month, which could be attributed to nicer weather rolling through. But, now garage sales are opening up and Spring is starting to kick in to gear (except here in Michigan). But enough rambling, here's your stats for April, 2012!

Users

This month saw a drop in new registrations, though I'd bet anything that it's still because of the new anti-spammer measures we've taken. April saw us welcome 179 new members to the site, bringing us up to 3,935 total registered users!

• Total Registered Users: 3,935
  • New Users: 179
  • Daily Average: 6

Items

The database grew a bit in April, a little less than passed months, with less than 1,000 items added. Still in all, we easily broke the 23,000 items mark! We also saw a good amount of edits in April, with over 1,800 individual edits being made to items.

• Total Items in Database: 23,749
  • New Items: 831
  • Daily Average: 28
  • Edits: 1,821
  • Daily Average Edits: 61

Collections

Users added 13,519 items to their collections in April, not bad. Heading into Summer I expect that number to grow quite a bit, thanks to garage sales. Folk's also added 650 games to their wishlists and the sell list has been steadily growing, now with 597 games up for sale/trade.

• Total Items in Collections: 148,295
  • Daily Average: 513
  • Total Items in Wishlists: 6530
  • Items For Sale/ Trade: 597

That's it for April! It was slightly slower than previous months, but the numbers always seem to impress me. Congrats on another great month of VGCollect goodness and keep up the good work!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

Re: End of Month Stats for April 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:18:43 pm »
These are still good numbers. I think as new member numbers slow so will the new items. When I first joined I had to add a bunch but since they are already listed I have slowed down and started to add games to the database that I don't own which is not nearly as much fun.

scott

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:16 pm »
Yeah I hear you on that. Of course I still need to finish cataloging my collection. I finished up the Genesis games, and realized I was missing two in my list. Now I'm onto my Saturn games... sometimes starting on a large group is a bit intimidating.

teknophyl

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »
As a new member who is pretty net savvy, I had a hard time finding a US based retro collection site that was active. If I remember correctly I stumbled across a link to your site from a post at some other website I can't remember now.

What I am trying to say is I'm not sure if SEO is an issue with new member count. I found loads of sites that were European (mostly UK, I am impressed with the number of collectors there are). But very little in the US until I found this site. Glad I did though. Great collection management tools.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

madmax

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »
The amount of games added to the database will slow down as the more common games have been added overall. I mean we have almost 24000 items in the database, that covers a lot of ground. The chances that new members have items that aren't in the database grow slimmer :)

(Thats a good thing ;) )

amauriel

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:45:24 pm »
I think those are some extremely impressive numbers, albeit slightly lower.

All the websites that I frequent have noticed lower counts in April this year...for large portions of the world, we've had a gorgeous spring, and people are outside more.  I figure we'll slow down through August or so as well, as new games are in their slow period. Depends on how many awesome garage sale finds we all have, I guess.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 05:46:41 pm »
I still have like 1500 Steam games to add, so. :p

And don't get me started on the ridiculous amount of stuff I own that STILL isn't here...

matt

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 07:16:08 pm »
Another great month!

I am overjoyed with the stats. I never expect growth, so any growth is a positive. I've ran many sites in my day and this one has the most growth and potential BY FAR. As our database fills up the new submission will slow down but I expect forum activity and other site activity to grow. I actually think we should add forum activity to the monthly stats as well. That is really the key to measuring our community.

scott

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:40:15 pm »
I thought about that too. I'll add forum activity to the spreadsheet.

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:56 pm »
I too would be interested in the forum stats, of course I would always be "most beloved member" but I would like to see what other stats there are :D

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 05:42:16 pm »
of course I would always be "most beloved member" but I would like to see what other stats there are :D

lawl XD
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 05:47:26 pm »
of course I would always be "most beloved member" but I would like to see what other stats there are :D

lawl XD
Don't. be jealous!