Author Topic: "Promotional Display Only" Xbox 360 title (Minecraft)  (Read 716 times)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

"Promotional Display Only" Xbox 360 title (Minecraft)
« on: February 07, 2021, 04:32:45 pm »

Any idea what this is and where it comes from? I picked this in a lot I bought from some random lady, cover art does not look to have been printed by a regular printer, yet it's slightly less detailed than what I'm used to with legit 360 box art. Back art looks like a regular retail release but there is no barcode. There is a disc inside, looks like a normal Minecraft X360 disc but I have not tested it yet. There is no manual, and this box is not a regular green 360 box.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

dhaabi

Re: "Promotional Display Only" Xbox 360 title (Minecraft)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 04:55:52 pm »
It's promotional artwork from GameStop. Here are other examples.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 06:02:31 pm »

Thanks! Under what category should I list in on VGcollect?
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 08:05:19 pm »
Probably should be under Swag - Artwork (Posters, Lithographs). These are cases GameStop displays usually in the front of the store to show upcoming games and new releases. They aren't supposed to have discs so I guess someone just got this one and decided to put a matching disc in it.

Flashback2012

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 10:34:25 am »

You don't. It's a regular retail Minecraft disc that was sold in a case that had cover art instead of the actual insert. If you're adding it to your collection then I'd suggest listing it as disc only or try and track down the rest of the package (case/insert/instruction book) via eBay or something.

Probably should be under Swag - Artwork (Posters, Lithographs).

God please no, that'd just open the floodgates to the bajillion pieces of cover art they and every other retailer might possess. It would be an arduous task for even the most dedicated member to run down and even then just because we could doesn't mean we should.  :P

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 10:40:53 am »

The appropriate accessory category. So for this, Xbox 360 Accessories.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 01:52:47 pm »
Many conflicting answers, lol.

I'll go with what tripredacus' is saying since he's the DB expert in here. Thanks y'all!