Author Topic: The Xbox 360 Discussion Thread  (Read 3310 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The Xbox 360 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 06:20:02 pm »
This thread has got me fired up to upgrade my 360 . I've been wanting to upgrade to a slim for years and since I'm not going to find a Series X for a while I guess now is as good a time as any . I just bought a 250GB slim off of ebay , fingers crossed that it's not full of dust or bugs .

You can fit a lot on a 250 GB drive, on the 360 at least, not so much on the Xbox One. That should do you good.

gummo

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 10:35:41 am »
This thread has got me fired up to upgrade my 360 . I've been wanting to upgrade to a slim for years and since I'm not going to find a Series X for a while I guess now is as good a time as any . I just bought a 250GB slim off of ebay , fingers crossed that it's not full of dust or bugs .

You can fit a lot on a 250 GB drive, on the 360 at least, not so much on the Xbox One. That should do you good.

Hopefully . I think my 360 fat has like a 20GB on it so it's way better than what I have .

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 11:15:33 am »

this is my hard drive the 500 gigabyte, currently they only run about $10 USD more than the 250 Gig models for the slim, this one is for the Xbox 360 slim models only. But not sure about over seas from America though
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 03:36:55 am »
I snagged a 360 Slim bundle a few years back and it was a great investment. I had a PS3 for that generation but there are many 360 exclusives worth playing. I also snagged the 500GB HDD for fairly cheap online and it's certainly worth the upgrade.

What's puzzling is how the 360 plays many backwards compatible title not available on the Xbox One or Series X. It's why I still have the system so I can play games like Crash Twinsanity, Burnout 3, Sonic Heroes and more - which are better version than the PS2 counterparts thanks to the upscaling.

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2021, 11:24:29 am »
"Forza Motorsport 3 is a fantastic racing game exclusive to the Xbox 360 I recommend it. I't's a lot like Gran Turismo series for the PlayStation consoles. but the big difference is the fact that in Forza 3 you don't need to complete the license challenges before you have access to any in game race. In Forza 3 you just race, and race, and race some more to gain a higher XP rating and get more credits plus this game has driving aids to help you learn the tracks unlike the first 4 Gran Turismo exclusives on the PS1 and PS2 PlayStation consoles.

but I'd buy this version. because it comes packed in with another Xbox 360 game called "Halo 3 ODST" and the 2nd  disc contains more tracks and racing vehicles for Forza 3. Halo 3 ODST seems to be a good First Person Shooter game, based in the Halo franchise/universe and the 4th disc included in this item is I guess a Halo 3 ODST multiplayer package for online play.

Forza Motorsport 3 / Halo 3: ODST

https://vgcollect.com/item/11379

Another question I have is exactly how much time do any of who got the red ring of death play on the Xbox 360 before it went kaput.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:37:52 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2021, 11:30:40 am »
I snagged a 360 Slim bundle a few years back and it was a great investment. I had a PS3 for that generation but there are many 360 exclusives worth playing. I also snagged the 500GB HDD for fairly cheap online and it's certainly worth the upgrade.

What's puzzling is how the 360 plays many backwards compatible title not available on the Xbox One or Series X. It's why I still have the system so I can play games like Crash Twinsanity, Burnout 3, Sonic Heroes and more - which are better version than the PS2 counterparts thanks to the upscaling.

It's also a good idea in my opinion to get an original Xbox, as well as the Xbox 360 slim that way you can play all games exclusive to that specific console, for example Corvette on the Xbox Original only works on the Original 6th generation Xbox console, and it does not play even on an upgraded Xbox 360. But you're from the UK so I don't think that game came out for the (EU) territory of consoles but you should be able to at least get the PS2 version. That game is kind of harder than Forza 3 since you have no driving aids in that racing game.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 11:33:48 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2021, 04:11:13 pm »
Got mine, the "core bundle" one, I wanna say in holiday of 08? Comparatively the price was a lot more affordable, the online was more reputable, the game selection was more robust, the exclusives at the time were somewhat intriguing and 360 stuff was just in abundance at the time. Mine never red ringed, thankfully. But I did have some problems with Bully Scholarship Edition freezing. I actually didn't play it a whole lot, as I soon after started to get into retro gaming and Nintendo Wii.

It's one of those consoles where I actually have a lot of games in my collection I've neglected to play. In the late 2000s, and early 2010s I was buying way more games than I was playing and didn't get around to a big chunk of them. I've got a few backup 360s I salvaged from GS's garbage that all work, in case mine doesn't make it through my library of games.

gummo

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2021, 06:09:33 pm »
Received my slim today in pretty decent shape . Needs the dust blown out as expected . I tested it with a little Call of Duty: World at War . Now I've been eyeballing 360 E's . I think I need one of those too someday .

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2021, 06:34:45 pm »
Received my slim today in pretty decent shape . Needs the dust blown out as expected . I tested it with a little Call of Duty: World at War . Now I've been eyeballing 360 E's . I think I need one of those too someday .

I never heard about the Xbox360 E model until now. Quick research says that the E models are newer, than the S models apparently. it's supposed to be quieter than the S models. I am amazed that the Xbox360 E even exists I thought mine was the newest model, guess I was wrong. 

NO APPS NEEDED

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2021, 09:08:53 pm »
News to me as well. Never knew there was an E model. I just assumed it was a typo.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2021, 10:58:00 pm »
News to me as well. Never knew there was an E model. I just assumed it was a typo.

I'd forgotten about them until this post.  I'm pretty sure they came out really close to launch of the XBone?  People generally shrugged their shoulders at it and it got forgotten to time.

gummo

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2021, 08:21:38 pm »

I'd forgotten about them until this post.  I'm pretty sure they came out really close to launch of the XBone?  People generally shrugged their shoulders at it and it got forgotten to time.

Yes, the E was the last 360 made . It was made to match the looks of the Xbox One . I have seen it in blue as well as black . It uses the lowest wattage power supply at 120 watts . Unfortunately they also seem to show scratches worse than any other model .
(Last hardware revision was the August 2014 and later 500GB 360E , Winchester motherboard) It had the addition of 45 nm eDRAM instead of the previous 65 nm .
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:50:02 pm by gummo »

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 04:37:47 pm »
I have a Halo 3 special edition console with a 250gb drive in it that's full.  I'm going to swap it out with an official Xbox 360 500gb hard drive I have laying around.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 05:21:05 pm »
I have a Halo 3 special edition console with a 250gb drive in it that's full.  I'm going to swap it out with an official Xbox 360 500gb hard drive I have laying around.

Do you plan on making a new save file for all your 360 games? and reinstalling all your games? because although my 360 has an internal memory stick about 4GB. as far as I know you need to use the cloud save state to get all of your stuff onto a different harddrive. Plus you might need to reformat your other hard drive losing even more data

But I don't use the 360's online cloud save feature, i just run everything off the hard drive, both save states, profiles and installed games themselves I took my 360 offline and it also helps reduce even more wear and tear I think. All Xbox 360s's I think need an online or offline profile in order to save and I don't think you can transfer one save state to another profile, but I cannot be sure on that though :-\

I don't think it's a good idea but thats me. I'd just buy another Xbox360 and upgrade that one to the 500GB hard drive,
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 05:24:10 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 05:34:42 pm »

Do you plan on making a new save file for all your 360 games? and reinstalling all your games? because although my 360 has an internal memory stick about 4GB. as far as I know you need to use the cloud save state to get all of your stuff onto a different harddrive. Plus you might need to reformat your other hard drive losing even more data

But I don't use the 360's online cloud save feature, i just run everything off the hard drive, both save states, profiles and installed games themselves I took my 360 offline and it also helps reduce even more wear and tear I think. All Xbox 360s's I think need an online or offline profile in order to save and I don't think you can transfer one save state to another profile, but I cannot be sure on that though :-\

I don't think it's a good idea but thats me. I'd just buy another Xbox360 and upgrade that one to the 500GB hard drive,

I have the Xbox 360 hard drive transfer cable.  It'll transfer all content (profiles, saves, games, etc.) from the old drive to the new drive.  I did this awhile back when I swapped in a 250gb hard drive to replace the 20gb hard drive.