Author Topic: boring tv shows that you think are entertaining  (Read 3259 times)

htimreimer

boring tv shows that you think are entertaining
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:42:52 pm »
is there a tv show that you know is boring but you find it entertaining for some reason

for me its the the antique roadshow

darko

Re: boring tv shows that you think are entertaining
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:58:09 pm »
Well I watch House Hunters now and then.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 04:01:23 pm »
For some ungodly reason, I always stop on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  I can't help it.  It's a guilty pleasure.

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:10:19 pm »
For some ungodly reason, I always stop on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  I can't help it.  It's a guilty pleasure.
me to

amauriel

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 04:43:43 pm »
My mom is the queen of these awful shows, so whenever I visit her I get more than I can usually stand.

I do like the Triple-D as well, however, and can't skip past Iron Chef (especially the Japanese one!) or Good Eats.

I was recently exposed to Storage Wars and liked that more than I wanted to admit. Usually, however, I'd rather have the television off.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 04:46:56 pm »
I don't have cable connected to my TV. Usually I only watch TV shows on netflix in marathon mode. Usually if a show is boring I turn it off and watch something better, or play a game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 05:30:35 pm »
Storage Wars. It's such a boring show but I'm always fascinated by the crap they find. I rarely catch antique road show but when I do, I'll watch it :P

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:34:29 pm »
I rarely catch antique road show but when I do, I'll watch it :P
its online: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/video/index.html

pacpix

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 06:45:41 pm »
Every week I watch Storage Wars, Storage Wars Texas, Pawn Stars, and American Pickers.  Also my mom loves those house hunters international shows and sometimes I watch them with her if i am bored.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »
Every week I watch Storage Wars, Storage Wars Texas, Pawn Stars, and American Pickers

i love throws shows

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:49:58 pm »
I really dig Pawn Stars I think that show is great, but I will admit it is pretty boring

blipcs76

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:28:11 am »
We cut the cable cord nearly two years ago, so our exposure to cable TV has been reduced quite a bit.  I do love Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Antiques Roadshow, which is boring but has it's moments.  Storage Wars has too much drama to be considered borning, IMO.

I've never understood the fascination with any of the reality shows on E that follow around materialistic airheaded bimbos.  It's a train wreck, sure, but watching those shows makes these morons millions of dollars.  The Kardashians made $60 million last year and they offer nothing of value; they have no talent, they're not interesting, they don't really do anything and they're getting rich for it.

I want those shows to go away, so I avoid them at any cost.

darko

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 09:55:41 am »
I want those shows to go away, so I avoid them at any cost.

Or you want your own reality show! Hell, I'd agree to it for only $30,000,000 per year. Quite the bargain at half the price!

atariboy

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »
I haven't had cable or sattelite for nearly 3 yrs now and still watch most of the shows I used to, thanks to them putting them I there website. I watch Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and American Pickers. I also watch Fact or Fiction Paranormal Files witch must come from my love for survival horror genre.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

psydswipe

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »
The only two shows I watch when they air are Fringe and The Amazing Race. I also don't have cable but do catch up on some shows by checking out DVDs from the library. Had Netflix for a while but put it on hold for a few months to wait for some new stuff. When I had cable I used to watch Ghost Hunters which I'm sure many people would find boring. Still catch up on Ghost Hunters International through Hulu but the regular one isn't online. Not a show but I watch a fair amount of baseball which is something else a lot of people find boring. I won a subscription to mlb.tv so I can watch every game (except the local team); it's worth $125 so not a bad prize  8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:29:26 pm by psydswipe »