Author Topic: GameCube games worth getting for cheap  (Read 3426 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

GameCube games worth getting for cheap
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:52:26 pm »
I thought these games were still cheap and worth a buy if anybody cares.

1.Die Hard Vendetta-is a 1st person shooter it's not a perfect game but not broken and inexpensive.
2.Resident Evil Zero-you can still find for under 20 bucks.
3.Surf's Up-more than just a kids game it's really good and cheap.
4.R:Racing Evolution-loved this racing game plus it came with a bonus game called Pac-Man-Vs two games for under 20 sweet.
5.Goldeneye Rouge Agent-decent 1st person shooter all though nothing special worth a play through.
6.Fight Night Round 2-it's got Super Punch-Out included on it again two games for about 24 dollars ain't bad.
7.FIFA soccer 2002 this was the last sports title I ever played because I lost interest in them but it was fantastic.

Not sure anyone will care but the GameCube is getting expensive to collect for so I thought I would point out some reasonably priced games.If you can think of more feel free to add your own.

Re: GameCube games worth getting for cheap
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 11:38:56 pm »
Nice suggestions! The original RE and RE4 are also decent value games which haven't gone up in price all that much either.

Of the top of my head, Soul Calibur II and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles are also good titles with relatively cheap price tags too.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 11:58:04 pm »
Any of the Tony Hawk games

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 01:19:15 am »
Freedom Fighters - A solid squad-based shooter set in an alternate history where the Soviets won the cold war
Future Tactics - A turn-based strategy game. Enjoyable, but a bit short.
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - One of my favorite Harvest Moons as there's just so much content in it. Also has a Wii port, which is surprisingly inferior as it removed content, including the ability to play as a girl.
Second Sight - An engaging action game where you use psychic powers to fight enemies while trying to uncover a mystery.

jipsy

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 03:23:47 am »
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 is probably one of the best racing games on Gamecube and you can get it for like 10 bucks
Jipsy

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 04:40:30 am »
turok, the sonic games, james bond, red faction 2, super monkey ball. I don't think they're expensive.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:46:10 am by dreama1 »

telekill

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 09:07:59 am »
Not sure anyone will care but the GameCube is getting expensive to collect for

Holy hell, you're not joking. I checked what my near mint copy of Zelda Twilight Princess was worth and it's trending at around $100.  :o

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 09:24:01 am »
I just need to say if you are getting a copy of "007 Goldeneye: Rouge Agent" for the GameCube. Make sure it comes with both it's 2 discs.

this game I picked up recently was not expensive for me

Pac-Man World 2 / Pac-Man Vs.- Player's Choice

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 09:29:53 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dreama1

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 11:34:57 am »
Not sure anyone will care but the GameCube is getting expensive to collect for

Holy hell, you're not joking. I checked what my near mint copy of Zelda Twilight Princess was worth and it's trending at around $100.  :o
It was one of the final releases.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 11:38:10 am »
It's crazy. I see people selling GameCube console lots with a handful of games for hundreds of dollars.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 11:58:06 am »
Wonder what my sealed copy of Twilight Princess is worth? Oh, I see they've paid $360 for one. Think I'll hold onto it just a bit longer.  ;)

Thinking about that Die Hard game, since there was one in the works for N64 and they cancelled it. It does look decent. My local store has like 5 copies. There's just so many other games I want right now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 12:13:02 pm »
Wonder what my sealed copy of Twilight Princess is worth? Oh, I see they've paid $360 for one. Think I'll hold onto it just a bit longer.  ;)

Thinking about that Die Hard game, since there was one in the works for N64 and they cancelled it. It does look decent. My local store has like 5 copies. There's just so many other games I want right now.

I'd sell now, if you're thinking about it. COVID has people bored at home and that's why prices are up, same thing is happening with collectibles and electronics. I think it's at a high point right now. If you wait, prices may drop. I just saw on the news yesterday that COVID cases in the U.S. are already down 20% due to vaccines. That's just gonna get better, restrictions ending are in sight.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 02:33:10 pm »
I'd sell now, if you're thinking about it. COVID has people bored at home and that's why prices are up, same thing is happening with collectibles and electronics. I think it's at a high point right now. If you wait, prices may drop. I just saw on the news yesterday that COVID cases in the U.S. are already down 20% due to vaccines. That's just gonna get better, restrictions ending are in sight.

Do you think it will actually drop down a significant amount? I mean when I think about it my initial impression was obviously this pandemic has quickened the eradication of the middle class and created just two extremes of upper and lower class. It's obviously not the bankrupt small time business owners and millions of people laid off from work going out of their way to pay x2 or x3 the value for a single video game.

I mean I still have a job thankfully and working from home but I don't have the luxury to indulge on overinflated video game prices. My best guess is some people are choosing to spend all that extra cash saved from transportation, social dining or events towards video games.

Another thought I have is actually kids and teens make up a bigger portion of retro game market than people think. Video gaming on Twitch and youtube has absolutely exploded since the pandemic and all these kids stuck at home are watching their favorite streamers 24/7 play retro games and talk about their video game collections etc. which makes them want to follow suite.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 02:49:43 pm »
I don't think COVID has really hurt everybody of a certain class. Nobody that I know personally has fallen on hard times because of the virus. Everyone admits to not needing the checks, and just using them as play money. Depends on what industry you are in I guess, and whether or not you have kids, because babysitting can be very costly when schools are shut down.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 02:57:25 pm »
I don't think COVID has really hurt everybody of a certain class. Nobody that I know personally has fallen on hard times because of the virus. Everyone admits to not needing the checks, and just using them as play money. Depends on what industry you are in I guess, and whether or not you have kids, because babysitting can be very costly when schools are shut down.

There are businesses shutting down left and right due to closures. There are definetly people hurting from it.