Author Topic: March 2021 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 5796 times)

Re: March 2021 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2021, 05:21:21 pm »
Quote from: bikingjahuty
They literally need quadruple the employees they had pre-2020 to handle the amount of money they're throwing at people these days.

Sometimes I wish I was still living in an insular bubble and agreeing with/making comments like this. Life was so much easier when things like a global fucking pandemic causing the most widespread economic devastation in our lifetimes personally affecting whether or not millions get to keep their jobs and homes didn't make me feel as bitter as the government giving everybody a (very small) handout in order to help them survive said catastrophe.

Whoa! I'm sorry if I offended you. My comment wasn't a criticism of the government giving people stimulus checks, it was just addressing the need to hire more people to handle this, getting people their tax refunds, as well as the millions of other things the IRS, Treasury, and federal government have to handle. People can use all the help they can get right now. I didn't mean anything else by it.

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2021, 02:09:09 am »
They literally need quadruple the employees they had pre-2020 to handle the amount of money they're throwing at people these days.

Sometimes I wish I was still living in an insular bubble and agreeing with/making comments like this. Life was so much easier when things like a global fucking pandemic causing the most widespread economic devastation in our lifetimes personally affecting whether or not millions get to keep their jobs and homes didn't make me feel as bitter as the government giving everybody a (very small) handout in order to help them survive said catastrophe.
Blame the government officials who make specious decisions, and their mouthpieces in the media for stoking the flames of fear, for all the pandemic-related lockdowns and resulting economic collapse.

Don’t blame a poster who simply commented that things are terrible at the IRS for a problem (economic shutdown, then stimulus checks) of their own government’s making.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2021, 04:21:09 pm »

Blame the government officials who make specious decisions, and their mouthpieces in the media for stoking the flames of fear, for all the pandemic-related lockdowns and resulting economic collapse.

Don’t blame a poster who simply commented that things are terrible at the IRS for a problem (economic shutdown, then stimulus checks) of their own government’s making.

lol what would you have done differently in March 2020 if you were in charge? Keep carrying on business as usual and ignore scientists and medical professionals while the bodies keep piling up? Everyone who contracts the virus and dies from it deserves it for not being healthy and young enough, right?

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2021, 04:47:59 pm »

Whoa! I'm sorry if I offended you. My comment wasn't a criticism of the government giving people stimulus checks, it was just addressing the need to hire more people to handle this, getting people their tax refunds, as well as the millions of other things the IRS, Treasury, and federal government have to handle. People can use all the help they can get right now. I didn't mean anything else by it.

My apologies for coming off *a bit* hostile, I was grumpy from not having my lunch yet when I posted that.

The phrasing of "throwing money" implies irresponsible and wasteful spending. And saying something like that seems like an invitation of discussion, even though now it's apparent that probably wasn't your intention. My guess is you were just small talking with another forum member and you typed that without giving it a second thought.

I feel like the very common American anti-government sentiments are kept alive from little quips like that on message boards or Twitter comments or your uncle ranting at the dinner table or whatever. Not from people actually reading the Economist and really looking into the issue. People just saying things like "the goddamn DMV sucks, the government can't do anything right!!!" while living off of social security checks and happily driving on public roads.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2021, 06:04:05 pm »

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2021, 06:25:56 pm »
I'll have a double stack and a six piece nuggets with one sweet and sour and one ranch, please, no drink.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2021, 06:30:52 pm »
I'll have a double stack and a six piece nuggets with one sweet and sour and one ranch, please, no drink.

I'm on my break

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2021, 06:55:30 pm »

My apologies for coming off *a bit* hostile, I was grumpy from not having my lunch yet when I posted that.

The phrasing of "throwing money" implies irresponsible and wasteful spending. And saying something like that seems like an invitation of discussion, even though now it's apparent that probably wasn't your intention. My guess is you were just small talking with another forum member and you typed that without giving it a second thought.

I feel like the very common American anti-government sentiments are kept alive from little quips like that on message boards or Twitter comments or your uncle ranting at the dinner table or whatever. Not from people actually reading the Economist and really looking into the issue. People just saying things like "the goddamn DMV sucks, the government can't do anything right!!!" while living off of social security checks and happily driving on public roads.
So giving defense contractors, big corporations, and banks, welfare while giving individuals a few grand after locking them in their houses for a year is not "throwing money" away.

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2021, 07:10:55 pm »
So giving defense contractors, big corporations, and banks, welfare while giving individuals a few grand after locking them in their houses for a year is not "throwing money" away.

Giving the people a measly few grand to spend that money to survive is not wasteful.

The defense contractors, big corporations, and banks who spent millions lobbying to line the pockets of politicians and influence voters to give the upper 1% their bail outs and tax cuts are indeed the ones throwing money.

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2021, 07:18:32 pm »

Giving the people a measly few grand to spend that money to survive is not wasteful.

The defense contractors, big corporations, and banks who spent millions lobbying to line the pockets of politicians and influence voters to give the upper 1% their bail outs and tax cuts are indeed the ones throwing money.
The few grand is just cover for the 1% to get their corporate welfare.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2021, 06:23:26 am »
Only bought two games this month:

Wii:
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree

2 Euro's each
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2021, 06:42:04 pm »
I didn't think to post this but back on the 13th, I bought one of those atgames legends gamer pro arcade devices when Walmart had em on sale earlier this month. It was only a few days ago that I finally opened it up.

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2021, 10:55:46 pm »

lol what would you have done differently in March 2020 if you were in charge? Keep carrying on business as usual and ignore scientists and medical professionals while the bodies keep piling up? Everyone who contracts the virus and dies from it deserves it for not being healthy and young enough, right?
I don't know what your profession is, but I assume it has to do with hay, 'cuz you clearly enjoy making strawmen.  :)

I never once suggested anything you're accusing me of, so I have no need to defend myself. I was, however, trying to direct your anger where it should be, instead of misplacing it towards an unsuspecting poster in a videogame collecting thread.

Had you bothered to ask instead of assume what my position might be, you might have learned something. As it is, if you want to keep throwing stones and acting snarky, I'm more than willing to throw it right back at you. Cheers, mate.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2021, 12:11:57 am »
Ending the month with a few import titles:

GB (JP):
Pokemon Green

N64 (JP):
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 3
Pokemon Stadium 2

I wasn't lucky enough to get any CIB ones this time around, but I can't complain when I only paid around 10-15 bucks apiece for them.

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2021, 03:51:01 am »
All of my pickups for March 2021:

Math Blaster Episode 1 (SNES)

Pokemon Snap [Demo Only] [Not for Resale] (N64)
Wonderful 101: Remastered (PS4)

Spec Ops Stealth Patrol (PS1)
Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge (PS1)
Nuclear Strike (PS1)

X-Men vs. Street Fighter (SS)

Cotton Reboot! (PS4)
Lost Planet 3 (PS3)

Blazing Chrome (SW)
River City Girls (SW)

RBI Baseball [Gray Cart] (NES)
Bases Loaded 2 Second Season (NES)

Ikaruga [Hypergun Edition] (PS4)

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (X360)
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (PSP)

Hitman III (PS5)

Far Cry 4 (X1)