Author Topic: If you could see 1 cutscene again for the first time, which?  (Read 2168 times)

scott

If you could see 1 cutscene again for the first time, which?
« on: March 02, 2021, 05:55:20 pm »
I've talked about this subject before with friends, pertaining to films and thought it might be an interesting topic of conversation to drill down to a specific cutscene in a game.

If you could rewatch a single cutscene again as if it were the first time, which would it be?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Re: If you could see 1 cutscene again for the first time, which?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 06:00:53 pm »
The Revan reveal in KotoR, for sure.  It was so mind-blowing at the time, and I'd love to re-experience that.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:01:10 pm »
The intro from Final Fantasy X always stuck out to me, it still holds up and at the time as a young metalhead, having that music kick in was awesome lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWYwmM23Sqs

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 06:15:58 pm »
Since movies was mentioned, I would pick the scene in Avengers Endgame where Wanda tells Thanos wtf is up.

In a game, I would pick multiple different scenes from Trails of Cold Steel. That game was so moving.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 06:59:25 pm »
Onimusha: Warlords for the PS2 has one of my favorite opening pre-rendered cutscenes. Keeping in mind it was the year 2001, the CGI was unbelievable, and frankly I think still looks fantastic today. The beautiful symphonic score is what really does it for me though, it's too bad they changed the music for the PS3 remaster.

scott

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 07:32:24 pm »
Onimusha: Warlords for the PS2 has one of my favorite opening pre-rendered cutscenes. Keeping in mind it was the year 2001, the CGI was unbelievable, and frankly I think still looks fantastic today. The beautiful symphonic score is what really does it for me though, it's too bad they changed the music for the PS3 remaster.

They did? That's a bummer. Glad I still have it for PS2 then.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 07:33:06 pm »
Conker's Bad Fur Day the intro to the Great Mighty Poo,Come on a huge singing pile of crap that's awesome!

scott

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 07:41:26 pm »
Haha yeah, I wish I could experience that entire game again for the first time.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 07:51:50 pm »
Haha yeah, I wish I could experience that entire game again for the first time.
Me too just thinking about it makes me chuckle might have to go threw it again.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 08:00:05 pm »
Seeing the opening cutscene for Resident Evil 2 (PS1) was mind-blowing at the time!

It was among the first games I received with my PS1. So going from the likes of Super Mario World and Street Fighter II to something like this was a game changer (no pun intended). And being the huge zombie movie fan I was, that was a great game to start with.

The first time you see a Licker was pretty cool, too. Reminded me a lot of Marvel's Venom.

Would love to experience that, again.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 08:32:36 pm »
Heavy Gear 1 PC was nothing special to most, it was the vary first game I played in my life with real motion video cutscenes done by video game actors, while some may call them cheesy Most of the cutscenes did have real actors and actresses. I often wonder what happen to the people who played in those cutscenes since they were real people that I never saw in any other movie or tv show.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

scott

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 11:26:36 pm »
So many I can pick from, FF7 intro, and the death of Aerith both stand out. As does the opening cinematic of Diablo II and the intro and bait/switch in Persona 5.

But I think if I had to pick one, it would be the scene in Persona 3 when the PC shoots himself in the head for the first time to release his Persona. I remember that whole scene blowing my mind so hard I had to reload the game and play it again.

I also think I DM'd Desociatas and was like "wtf just happened?" Since I played the game on her recommendation.

Bluemoon

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 05:59:18 am »
I'd have to say gran Turismo 4. It's the first game i ever played and seeing the opening video with this grand music playing then suddenly out of nowhere shifting to this montage of cars speeding round corners in these enviroments i'd never seen before with kasabian's reason is treason blasting in the background. that moment really stuck with me and really set up how action packed games could be for me

kashell

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 07:51:18 am »
If opening movies count, then the one for Tales of Destiny and the one for Final Fantasy X-2.

Otherwise, the scene in Final Fantasy XIII when Lightning and the crew return to Cocoon with their summons and wreck some shit on a racetrack. That was epic AF.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 09:02:10 am »
Not a cutscene, but an intro. This is the first thing that immediately came to mind...

Ys Book I&II Intro

I had a TG-16 way back when but never had the CD attachment. I eventually got lucky and landed a Turbo Duo package off a guy and he had Ys Book I&II as part of the bundle. I popped it in and proceeded to have my mind blown by the RedBook audio.  :o

A couple of other honorable mentions for intros that punched me in the face...

Axelay Intro
Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo Intro Pt.1
Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo Intro Pt.2
Wrath of the Lich King Cinematic

As for actual cutscenes...

Wrath of the Lich King: The Wrathgate Cinematic
Wrath of the Lich King: Fall of the Lich King Cinematic