Author Topic: If you could see 1 cutscene again for the first time, which?  (Read 2166 times)

telly

Re: If you could see 1 cutscene again for the first time, which?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 09:04:32 am »
The opening credits sequence from Suikoden II
https://youtu.be/LztKd4y4k44

Final Fantasy VI opening scene
https://youtu.be/RDMWp1oLoA0

Ace Combat Zero opening
https://youtu.be/RmkSm1r-KWs
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:07:02 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

scott

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 09:20:12 am »
Wrath of the Lich King: The Wrathgate Cinematic

Oh yeaaaah Wrathgate was amazing, I wish you could still do the Battle of Undercity directly after it too. But, if Classic Burning Crusade is a hit, we should be getting a WotLK Classic eventually too. Gonna need to relive that if it does.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 09:22:43 am »
I always think of the intro movie for Dark Forces Jedi Knight.

Flashback2012

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 12:39:47 pm »
Wrath of the Lich King: The Wrathgate Cinematic

Oh yeaaaah Wrathgate was amazing, I wish you could still do the Battle of Undercity directly after it too. But, if Classic Burning Crusade is a hit, we should be getting a WotLK Classic eventually too. Gonna need to relive that if it does.

If they're smart they'll stop at WotLK Classic as I am damn near certain absolutely NO ONE is clamoring for Cataclysm Classic.   :o :P  ;)

scott

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 01:45:40 pm »
Right? Cata killed so much of the game for me. I went back for a couple later expansions, but the magic wasn't there anymore. Cata had one of my favorite moments tho, when I theory crafted  a way to out dps the popular fury spec as an arms warrior.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 10:19:32 pm »
The Bahamut vs. Alexander scene from Final Fantasy IX was pretty cool. In all honestly, though, I wouldn't mind reliving Final Fantasy VII and IX, Chrono Cross, and The Legend of Dragoon, as well as Kingdom Hearts II and Drakengard for the first time again.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 03:06:38 am »
The opening scene in FF8. It was the first FF game I ever played. I traded off a SNES and some games for a few PS1 games (dumb I know, but I was 8 ). That cut scene blew my mind until I become disappointed realizing that scene was pre-rendered. That was also my realization of pre-rendered vs real-time in 3D games.

ferraroso

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2021, 04:28:16 am »
The opening scene in FF8.

This!
Just, this!
https://youtu.be/t0QYQw_hYQI
Back in 1999 it was simply PERFECT!

pzeke

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2021, 03:21:57 pm »
The Bahamut vs. Alexander scene from Final Fantasy IX was pretty cool. In all honestly, though, I wouldn't mind reliving Final Fantasy VII and IX, Chrono Cross, and The Legend of Dragoon, as well as Kingdom Hearts II and Drakengard for the first time again.

Forgot to mention the intro from Metal Gear Solid; it was great back then, and I think it still is to this day. Also, even though it's not even a minute long, the small intro scene from the original Pokémon; those couple of second-long frames are still ingrained in my head and never fail to take me back to better days.

Lastly, following with what I said in my last post, I wouldn't mind reliving Ico and Shadow of the Colossus once again. I truly enjoyed every minute of those two, especially their soundtracks.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!