Author Topic: Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge Announced  (Read 4141 times)

telekill

Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge Announced
« on: March 10, 2021, 02:03:29 pm »

Incredible news for a Turtles fan like me. Looks like we're getting a 16bit brawler in the vein and apparently a direct sequel or at least inspiration from Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time. The graphics look great and the classic Turtles intro is fantastic.

Announced for both consoles and PC, this is a classic 4 player co-op side scrolling brawler. This is being developed by Tribute Games and published by Dotemu who recently released Streets of Rage 4 (which apparently is getting new DLC as well).

As with so many others, I could see this getting a Limited Run Games release, but I'm hoping that they do a retail physical release so we don't have to wait months after release to get it as I really can't wait for this one.

I've added it into the PS4 and PS5 PSN libraries on here as well as the Nintendo eShop library if you want to add it to your wish lists.

Screenshots:

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86JYR7bK6RU

Link:
https://www.ign.com/articles/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-co-op-brawler-retro-pc-xbox-ps5

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge Announced
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 03:00:34 pm »
Thanks for the heads up my man! Cowabunga!  8)

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 03:25:39 pm »
Very stoked about this!

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 04:09:22 pm »
No ugly 3d grapics or a kiddy trash art style like battle toads

Great 2D pixel art this is how you bring back the series good stuff finally not a 3d turtles game like Re-Shelled ;D

If only they did this for rocket knight and battle toads aswell. To be fair turtles has fucked it up multiple times before this point but it's great that we finally got something good again.

reshelled was ugly as sin. It wasn't battle toads remake bad but damm finally a good art style again.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 04:13:57 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 05:20:57 pm »
This looks like an absolute ton of fun, I can't wait.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 08:34:40 pm »
Yeah.
It looks pretty promising, overall.

Maybe the first game for a while that I can actually says looks fun and interesting for me in the modern gaming world.

At the end all the modern games I like are stuff that looks similar to the stuff I used to play in the 2000s lol

Offtopic btw.
I don't remember when TMNT games stopped being good.

The second wave of games by Konami in the 2000s were good, Ubisoft released like 2 good games and 1 decent one and the mixed reception remake of Turtles in Time.

From Activision I thought Out the Shadows was fine, and I want to believe the Platinum Games one is fine.

Other games are certainly kinda dull.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 09:00:59 pm »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

jason

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 09:30:29 pm »

tpugmire

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 10:02:27 pm »
Looks great, the only problem I have is that I don’t have 3 people to play with.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 11:04:30 pm »
I love they're going back to using the art from the 1987 cartoon.  Now it just needs to be good!

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 01:05:12 am »
Looks good!

monkeyjam

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 08:11:04 am »
Looks incredible, i'm feeling the turtles in time vibe here. Definitly a buy for me.
Collecting Xbox OG, Playstation 1 and 4, Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.

telekill

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 08:45:41 am »
I'm pretty excited about this. This might be the first game I double dip on since the PS2 days. I'll snag the digital Switch version for the family to enjoy as we have plenty of controllers for it. Then I'll get a physical edition (God willing) for PS5 to play online with friends.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 10:41:09 am »
Yoinked from reddit:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 11:24:51 pm »
Definitely looks cool.