Author Topic: Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge Announced  (Read 4140 times)

covfefe2020

Re: Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge Announced
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 11:55:48 pm »
I never saw this, it looks fantastic! Nice that we´re at the point where we can pinpoint what looked great about retro graphics. This kind of makes me want to go and beat TMNT The Manhattan project on the NES at my grandparents house.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 03:02:52 pm »
I like how there bringing this back but all I have to say being somewhat of a snub.

If it takes over 1 gigabyte of space on a modern console it better come with 1,000,000 levels or a hell of a lot of content. :-\

(internet)
how much space was on a snes cartridge?
The SNES used cartridges to carry games, with sizes ranging from 0.23 MB to around 4 MB. The console's two largest games, Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean, had sizes of 6 MB, though, bringing the actual maximum up.

it takes 1000 megabytes to equal a gigabyte and 1000 gigabytes to make one Terribyte. some modern games with modern graphics can take 100 Gigabytes a piece.

sorry about this but I just don't understand  some modern gaming space standards
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:04:44 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 03:20:06 pm »
I like how there bringing this back but all I have to say being somewhat of a snub.

If it takes over 1 gigabyte of space on a modern console it better come with 1,000,000 levels or a hell of a lot of content. :-\

(internet)
The SNES used cartridges to carry games, with sizes ranging from 0.23 MB to around 4 MB. The console's two largest games, Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean, had sizes of 6 MB, though, bringing the actual maximum up.

it takes 1000 megabytes to equal a gigabyte and 1000 gigabytes to make one Terribyte. some modern games with modern graphics can take 100 Gigabytes a piece.

sorry about this but I just don't understand  some modern gaming space standards

The tech is just better, which requires more resources, which is gonna lead to bigger games with better visuals and better music, even if they are still pixel art.  Even games as tiny and simple as Downwell require more storage space than what old SNES carts could do.  This is a good thing, because games don't need to be as restricted as they were back then.  Requiring a gigabyte of space is so meaningless nowadays when most any console or PC is gonna at minimum have hundreds of gigabytes of space available.  I mean, this isn't like it's an issue with Call of Duty, where a full install requires it's own hard drive practically lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:21:49 pm by kamikazekeeg »

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2021, 08:24:26 am »

I get your point but time and creativity is pretty much just as limited as it always was. you can't suddenly increase the content by 1000 fold just because you have acces to more tech and that the limitations are removed

Unless your going to make a randomizer with rehashed content.

I think they'll either have the same amount of content as say turtles in time. or maybe triple quadrouble the amount. even with the same amount of content they'd probably get some extra modes and a few extra characters perhaps

Still if your logic where actually true they'd be busy creating 1 single turtles game till the day they die.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 03:59:52 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 02:15:27 pm »

(internet)

The tech is just better, which requires more resources, which is gonna lead to bigger games with better visuals and better music, even if they are still pixel art.  Even games as tiny and simple as Downwell require more storage space than what old SNES carts could do.  This is a good thing, because games don't need to be as restricted as they were back then.  Requiring a gigabyte of space is so meaningless nowadays when most any console or PC is gonna at minimum have hundreds of gigabytes of space available.  I mean, this isn't like it's an issue with Call of Duty, where a full install requires it's own hard drive practically lol

Not to mention that this game is probably going to be much longer than something like Turtles in Time which can be beat in about 45-60 minutes.

sworddude

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2021, 04:05:17 pm »

(internet)

Not to mention that this game is probably going to be much longer than something like Turtles in Time which can be beat in about 45-60 minutes.

I mean it depends. sure new modes a few extra characters and probably a few extra lvl's

It could either be much longer or it could be simular to games such as wild guns reloaded, blazing chrome or ninja saviours wich are not that far off  compared to the originals if where talking same amount of content aside from the new characters.

Modern retro titles do not always equal more playtime. And that's not a bad thing both sides can be great.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2021, 04:17:12 pm »

(internet)

I mean it depends. sure new modes a few extra characters and probably a few extra lvl's

It could either be much longer or it could be simular to games such as wild guns reloaded, blazing chrome or ninja saviours wich are not that far off  compared to the originals if where talking same amount of content aside from the new characters.

Modern retro titles do not always equal more playtime. And that's not a bad thing both sides can be great.

Yes.  That's why I used the word probably.

telekill

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 07:40:19 am »
With the game more than likely being ran at 4k, I expect to see the file size somewhere around the 7-10GB range. Not bad by any means by today's standards. I do find it funny that during the PS3 days I was angry that so many games had a 5GB install. lol

telekill

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 03:36:26 pm »
Interesting thought on this.... What if like Streets of Rage 4, there are different skins for previous game iterations? Turtles skins from the NES games and the original 16bit outings? Maybe even Tournament Fighters skins? How about different 16 bit skins based on the different cartoons/movies and even comics? The many versions of the Turtles opens the door for so much awesome to be had with unlockables in a game like this.

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 06:07:04 pm »
With the game more than likely being ran at 4k, I expect to see the file size somewhere around the 7-10GB range. Not bad by any means by today's standards. I do find it funny that during the PS3 days I was angry that so many games had a 5GB install. lol

but those PS3 games had almost lifelike graphics and visuals! however a 16bit graphic game like this remake is just going to be upscaled to 4K yet the graphics may look almost exactly the same. as an expensive 1995 JVC brand CRT television back in the day.

We have improved our technology since then, and even IF this this game was, like lets say 50mb that would still be awesome!. even though it would mean this new game  only took about 10 times as much harddrive space as a SNES ROM on a PC.

point said, if modern games took less space, that would mean more games for you, and less dependency on external hard drives and buying an another same Generation console.

I mean if people could fit more modern games on a modern hard drive SONY Microsoft would more likely sell more games, off their digital store. because people could then fit millions of games on one of their console's hard drive

and there would not need to be so much more technology tossed into landfills or melted down, in which is actually an expensive process.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:30:08 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 07:11:51 pm »

but those PS3 games had almost lifelike graphics and visuals! however a 16bit graphic game like this remake is just going to be upscaled to 4K yet the graphics may look almost exactly the same. as an expensive 1995 JVC brand CRT television back in the day.

If you think this is true you obvious have never looked at like titles side by side on CRT and modern TVs.

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 07:25:38 pm »

If you think this is true you obvious have never looked at like titles side by side on CRT and modern TVs.

I never compared the two no, but

but my family had one of them JVC's and it was not until about 1999 or 1998 when my family got a cable company called Americast cable and then everything looked pretty much HD, however before we had standard cable and VCR and it was far from clear, However when we first plugging in a DVD player to this old TV the picture was 10 times better then the blurry VHS and standard cable tv services back then.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 07:26:35 pm »
Interesting thought on this.... What if like Streets of Rage 4, there are different skins for previous game iterations? Turtles skins from the NES games and the original 16bit outings? Maybe even Tournament Fighters skins? How about different 16 bit skins based on the different cartoons/movies and even comics? The many versions of the Turtles opens the door for so much awesome to be had with unlockables in a game like this.

That would be a pretty fun addition.  I'm still hoping that they are gonna have other characters to play as, but if they haven't shown that yet despite two reveals, I'm going to guess not.

We have improved our technology since then, and even IF this this game was, like lets say 50mb that would still be awesome!. even though it would mean this new game  only took about 5 times as much harddrive space as a SNES ROM on a PC.

point said, if modern games took less space, that would mean more games for you, and less dependency on external hard drives and buying an another same Generation console.

I mean if people could fit more modern games on a modern hard drive SONY Microsoft would more likely sell more games, off their digital store. because people could then fit millions of games on one of their console's hard drive

and there would not need to be so much more technology tossed into landfills or melted down, in which is actually an expensive process.

Storage for games really isn't much of an issue these days with how cheap hard drive space is.  For 60 bucks, I can buy a 2tb external hard drive and store most of what I want on it and it's only like the newest, biggest, games that require a significant amount of space and there's no good reason to store them away since they'll always be available. 

Also no, CRT stuff looks way different than modern HD TV's do lol It's why you see filters in old game ports that add scanlines and such, because it's meant to represent how those old TV's looked, which is basically just "make the game look worse" filter and even then, they don't fully represent how things looked, which was generally much worse.  Like I have nostalgia for that era and there are reasons for wanting to play original hardware on CRT's that do make sense, but when talking about a modern pixel art games, it's always going to look and play better on modern hardware.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 07:49:34 pm »
There's some things you have to realize oldgamerz one of the biggest is nowadays there is a lot less to almost nonexistent use of file compression. Especially with music and voices. You know how that Iconic "Sega" chant at the beginning of Sonic the hedgehog on the genesis? That alone is said ti take up 1/8 of the 4mb cart. And that chant is quite distorted.

I can easily see a soundtrack taking a gig and a half for this game. That's not even thinking about voice/sound clips

Same idea goes for the graphics and whatever extras (which is likely to contain that animated opening just saying) are in the game.

Basically More Compression = Less Quality*

Lastly I just want to say... This is a new game not Turtles in Time or the Arcade game. The only thing even close to saying that is that articles will say it's "inspired by" those games. Yes a remaster of the original game could probably be only 50 mb, but that's not what this is.

*in sound and images

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 07:56:41 pm »
Double post because...

I Dunno...

Pizza?

New trailer came out today

https://youtu.be/13qJvTq7_KA