Author Topic: NES cart collection shelving  (Read 18683 times)

scott

Re: NES cart collection shelving
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2011, 12:05:21 am »
@hexen wtf is an NES Hands Free? ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

hexen

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:17 am »
@scott Here's a Nintendo Power add for it. It's basically a controller for use by those disabled from the neck down. You use it by blowing into straws. Understandably I have never used it, and am glad I myself received it unused ;)
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

desocietas

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2011, 01:04:54 am »
@scott Here's a Nintendo Power add for it. It's basically a controller for use by those disabled from the neck down. You use it by blowing into straws. Understandably I have never used it, and am glad I myself received it unused ;)

That reminds me of an interesting article on the subject of accessible-video game controllers that I read a few months back: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43365521/ns/technology_and_science-games/t/man-builds-years-quadriplegic-gaming/

Props to that dedicated engineer for all his selfless work.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2011, 01:16:57 am »
Interesting, I wonder how well it actually works. Some of the things Nintendo came up with for the NES still amaze me.

madmax

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 02:08:00 pm »
Those shelves look good! I still need a cabinet with a lock on it. gotta keep the games safe and out of the sun :p

I remember seeing an article on the hands free controller. Unfortunately I don't think they had used it for the article though. looks interesting, I wonder how well it works.

scott

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 03:06:44 pm »
Those shelves look good! I still need a cabinet with a lock on it. gotta keep the games safe and out of the sun

I want a nice shelving unit for my Castlevania stuff. I like having things on display, so it would need to have a glass front on it. Window shades in my gaming area are always closed  anyway, so I'm not worried about direct sunlight.

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2012, 09:49:41 am »
I'm personally a big fan of these for basically all of my game storage:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40102105/

They're really tall, and with extra shelves, you can get something like 8 rows of DVD cases, or 6 rows of DVDs and 3 rows of jewel cases or cartridges. If I recall, each row holds like 37 DVDs, and they're only 2 feet wide, so I don't think I'll ever have bowing issues with the shelves.

The depth is perfect to avoid the normal 'games in a bookshelf' issue, too.

I can get some pictures later, if anyone cares.