Author Topic: Some Games You Currently Have No Interest In Playing This Minute?  (Read 1008 times)

.This Is only my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Unless I had unlimited room in my home or, or unlimited space on some hard drive. with many many open rooms of usable space? these are tons of video games alone I have no current interest in playing and defiantly not buying at this point in time in my life. What are some of your own?

and this list is not even a full 1% of all the games I'll make this list short

1: 99.9% of all original Nintendo Wii games
2: Strict Stealth Video games, Especially ones that have ultra sensitive detection in a close environment (I AM LOOKING AT YOU RED FACTION 1 FOR PS2)
3: Almost all Puzzle Games
4:  life like torture or realistic horror video games
5: 100% of ANY game where I am taking sexual advantage of someone ( believe it or not I have heard of one Japanese game like this I forget the name of)
6: Any Game that is not written in English language text
7: Toddler or games designed for young audiences
8: Games that are broken or don't work properly
9: Games that require fast reflexes or strict time limits to succeed at the lowest difficulty setting possible.

I have a religion (not gonna say to avoid to breaking the rules or starting a massive argument. I will live to and want to play, listen watch and memorize eventually every single media item, including all music, video games, books, board games, movie, shows and all other formats (ETC) both alone and with others.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 06:56:38 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Some Games You Currently Have No Interest In Playing This Minute ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 07:11:05 am »
It's weird to think about games I'd definitely never play, but if I had to say, I'd probably say Visual Novels, they just don't offer anything I'm looking for, I need gameplay and they just don't give me that and if I wanted a story only game, I'd just do certain walking simulator games like Gone Home or Tacoma.

I guess to connect with a recent topic, anything with tank controls, new or old.  I did eventually beat Resident Evil 1 Remake...last year I think, I pushed myself to get through the game, but I also had to mod it to remove the door transitions to make that game tolerable, but I got through it.  I generally enjoyed the experience despite the awful controls and I hate that there are throwback 3D horror games that use tank controls, because that to me is just purposefully making a game worse lol

Most turn based RPG's...I actually don't know if I have the patience for them anymore.  The last one I played was Persona 5, and I quit that for other reasons, but I'd much rather just have action RPG's these day.  Final Fantasy XV, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, that's the kind of stuff I'd rather play gameplay wise where I feel more involved with the fight.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

Re: Some Games You Currently Have No Interest In Playing This Minute?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 01:38:58 pm »
Everything before the 5th generation. I grew up with the PS2 so nothing regarding the SNES, NES, Genesis, e.t.c. are interesting to me. The oldest console that I would like to have is the 3DO. Nothing before. And sports titles + JRPGs are of no interest as well.

I noticed that what we play as kids will greatly affect our taste in video games later on. A friend of mine who opened his video game store keeps friendly nagging me about how racing games are crap, and I keep nagging him about how JRPGs are crap. Well he grew up at a time where racing games were truly garbage, but during the golden age of JRPGs. And I grew up during the golden age of racing games and open-world titles. Nowadays stuff like Super Mario on the NES can get very pricey especially if complete in box because people who grew up with those games are in their mid 40s and they are all living their mid-life crisis. So we can expect the same thing to happen to stuff like NFSU2 in the future when my generation hits its mid-life crisis.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:44:44 pm by leonefamily »
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

stealthrush

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 06:16:14 pm »
FPS
Simulation (sport, life, vehicle, etc.)
Adventure
Open-world (sandbox)
Point-and-Click (also clicker mobile games)

Never was a fan of the first-person perspective in any video game ever since I played Doom- I tried playing more recent games with that camera angle but I feel sick shortly after playing. Any realistic simulation games I pass; they are boring to play for me (Train simulator, Driving, Flying, Surgeon, etc.) Majority of adventure games I have little interest in playing, where story is the most important factor I rather watch a film rather 'play' through one. Modern large free-roaming games irk me as well- besides the wonderful visuals the gameplay aspect feels like doing chores. Old-school option choosing games (primarily were released on PC) I'm also not interested in.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 06:19:29 pm by stealthrush »

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 02:53:54 pm »
Pretty much anything pre-fourth gen is very hard for me to get into. I do like the NES, but not having one growing up limits my ability to get into many of its games. However, I have never, not once been able to get into anything pre-third gen, unelss we're talking arcade games. I can't see myself ever playing any old 2600 or Intellivision games, like ever. I have no desire to since it was well before my time.

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 06:45:57 am »
I don't think I've never been interested in any tower defense, strategy or management/simulation games, but if I had to choose one game that doesn't speak to me at all, it'd definitely be everything ever released in the The Sims franchise...

telekill

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 08:06:04 am »
Interesting take on a thread. Kudos.

To start, I'll agree with the Wii collection. I HATE motion controls. I'll be fine never playing another Wii game for as long as I live.

After that, it's kind of subjective on a per game basis. I'm not a huge fan of the FPS genre in general as I feel it's been so overdone the last couple gens that it's been stagnant since 2009.

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 04:01:10 pm »
Most strategy based games, nearly all licensed sports games, the majority of RPGs and JRPGs, most games based on TV or movie licenses (including Pokemon and the like), a lot of the modern games designed around online multiplayer or multiplayer only, most first and second gen console stuff.

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 11:14:54 am »
[...] most games based on TV or movie licenses (including Pokemon and the like) [...]

I got what you meant, but the game came first, then after it everything else followed.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!