Author Topic: Black Friday 2023  (Read 919 times)

telekill

Black Friday 2023
« on: November 15, 2023, 01:58:05 pm »
Black Friday ads are finally starting to release. Walmart's just released today and happy to say the Sonic game I was going to get for my son is on there for 33% off. That's fair considering the game just released. Their ad also has me scratching my head as three of the games I had some interest in after a price drop have made it in their ad:

- Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) $40
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor (PS5) $35
- God of War Ragnarok (PS5) $40

I enjoyed the first games of the other two, but I'm leaning towards Hogwarts as it's something different. Thoughts?

Link to the ad: - Games start on page 49.

https://blackfriday.com/ads/black-friday/walmart

Re: Black Friday 2023
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 08:09:41 pm »
Nice! There are some good deals on a few games I'm wanting for sure. I've been checking since the beginning of this week at Gamestop and Target's ads. Hopefully there will be some more good deals.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 07:22:32 am »
I'm a bit surprised that many titles aren't cheaper, which is why there are several I still haven't picked up, like Ragnarok or Jedi Survivor.

I also just spent well over $100 on clearance 4K movies, so I'm not trying to make myself go broke at the moment.

alligo

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 02:50:14 am »
The latest sonic is already on promotion, it doesn't have a good review but it tempts me.

I had already done it on PC but I picked up CC Reunion for 19$ (euro at my place) because I'm a fanboy and that I wanted the cover, even if it may seem ridiculous.  ;D
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 09:18:15 pm »
Bummer... I was hoping for a PS5 deal. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is coming out next year, so I've been mulling over the idea of getting the console ever since finding out the game's release date.

The latest sonic is already on promotion, it doesn't have a good review but it tempts me.

I had already done it on PC but I picked up CC Reunion for 19$ (euro at my place) because I'm a fanboy and that I wanted the cover, even if it may seem ridiculous.  ;D

As someone who at one point ended up collecting comicbooks based on their cover alone, I can understand. Don't make it a habit, though, it can get out of hand real fast.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 09:07:52 pm »
I’m kinda glad there’s not a lot of great deals. I don’t need to buy anything. My backlog is out of control.

telekill

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 02:49:31 pm »
Best Buy ad isn't out but they are already doing tons of deals. I ended up getting Sonic Superstars (Switch), God of War R (PS5) and Jedi Survivor (PS5) for $110. They also had more games on sale then Walmart.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 04:21:30 pm »
I’m kinda glad there’s not a lot of great deals. I don’t need to buy anything. My backlog is out of control.

This is pretty much how I feel about it, too.  Especially since I've not played a ton this year.  I'm trying to get back on the horse, though.

alligo

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2023, 06:02:01 pm »
Bummer... I was hoping for a PS5 deal. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is coming out next year, so I've been mulling over the idea of getting the console ever since finding out the game's release date.

As someone who at one point ended up collecting comicbooks based on their cover alone, I can understand. Don't make it a habit, though, it can get out of hand real fast.

Ahah no it's okay, I'm not at that stage yet, I don't do that often.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2023, 09:22:10 pm »

While I'm primarily interested in a PS5 at the moment just for FFVII Rebirth, yeah, I have to side with your line of thinking there 'cause my backlog has a backlog of its own at this point.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

telly

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2023, 09:50:03 am »
I was also hoping for a PS5 deal because I really want to play the Silent Hill 2 remake when that comes out. Maybe next year!
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

megasilverx1

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 10:24:37 pm »
Only Black Friday deals for games I got was Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe for $30 and Sonic Origins Plus for $20. I was tempted to get Breath of the Wild for $40, but I'm still hoping Nintendo will re-release some Switch games under the Nintendo Selects line at some point like they've done for previous consoles.

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2023, 05:15:51 pm »
[...] but I'm still hoping Nintendo will re-release some Switch games under the Nintendo Selects line at some point like they've done for previous consoles.

The Switch is nearing its seventh year, I've no doubt we would've seen a number of titles already released under that label by now. I mean, I'm always happy to be proven wrong, but I don't see that happening: Nintendo is all about that premium price tag these days.