Author Topic: Dragon Quest, Sonic, The Dark Pictures, Dying Light, Horizon, Genshin & Far Cry!  (Read 1333 times)

A bunch of small events happened yesterday, today and tomorrow too! Might as well talk about them?

Dragon Quest 12 was announced with a logo shown and it was said it will be "for adults."

An Octopath looking remake of the third game was revealed as well that looks quite nice!

Sonic event was ruined by leaks.. sort of. Colors and 3 returning were already leaked. They announced an all new game without much to show for it.

From the Sonic event I am most interested in the Olympics game. Hopefully a demo will pop up.

Supermassive Games (best known for Until Dawn) had a roughly 20 minute presentation to show off their new entry in The Dark Pictures Anthology. Seems like a weird direction involving the Iraq War.

I haven't played Dying Light but with the multiple re-releases and years of post launch support it must be pretty popular!

Dying Light 2 seems to be a worthy successor and with the nearly 7 year gap between games I'm sure fans are ready for something all new.

Horizon for some reason has a multiple hour long countdown to their gameplay reveal. It hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it'll look nice!

Genshin and Far Cry 6 haven't happened yet.

What do you think of these announcements? Do any of them interest you?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 08:00:17 pm by weirdfeline »

Nothing for me with Dragon Quest, other than seeing them remake Dragon Quest 3 in the Octopath style, makes me super want to see Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG done like that lol

Nothing for me with Sonic, I'd rather the Sonic collection had the old spinoff stuff more than the classic games again, and while Colors looks nice and I heard good things, I probably won't get it.

Dying Light 2 looks amazing, seems like a huge step up for the series and finally getting a release date is great, even if it is all the way in December.  I was pretty big fan of the original, so looking forward to this.

I'm not super excited for Horizon 2, I'm sure it'll be good, I like the first game enough and I'm gonna get it, but it's not something I'm amped for.

And I'm slightly interested to see what Far Cry 6 will be, but I'm assuming it'll be similar to Far Cry 5, which that and New Dawn were honestly kinda boring games.  They just don't have any interesting depth to them.

*EDIT* Horizon 2 looks nice, nothing really blew me away, mostly just looks like the previous game in better quality, though the underwater stuff has potential for cool exploration.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 05:28:02 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Horizon Forbidden West doesn't look like something that could run on a 2013 machine. Looks even better than the Unreal Engine 5 demos. I guess that's why Kojima chose the Decima engine.

sworddude

Mainline DQ games have always been for adults I'd say.

That being said the DQ III remake looks great. that's how you do a remake of a classic I love the octopath travel astetics. way better than an ugly 3D remake
Your Stylish Sword Master!

The Dragon Quest III remake using the Octopath engine was definitely the high point for me among all the recent reveals. Genius move... and if you paid attention, you heard the Enix officials say they plan to give I and II the same remake.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

mrkonasoni

Umm, if they put a good subject on the table, I want to believe a Dragon Quest game with an "adult story" could be truly interesting, I just hope they won't make something edgy and gory just for the sake of "this is an adult game".

I will possible get everything for Sonic, it looks clearly some people is killing themselves on Social Media because of the new announcements, and I am glad I am not part of it.

Far Cry 6 looks... well, it looks just like the last couple games, I don't consider that negative though, also I lost it when I saw the gun that shoot pirate music CDs while the "Macarana" is playing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:29:46 pm by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Pretty pumped for Sonic Colours Ultimate - I never got around to playing the Wii release... the console had motion controls and lacked HD in a HD area... Still i'm glad I waited as this looks spectacular and I've heard good things about it!

Also very interested in the Dragon Quest III HD-2D release, not for the game itself but I'd love to see Final Fantasy I-VI remade in the same fashion - Heck just give me VI and I'll keep quiet. Has for DQ12'S new dark edge - If it ditches the silent protagonist I'm in.

sworddude

Umm, if they put a good subject in the table, I want to believe a Dragon Quest game with an "adult story" could be truly interesting, I just hope they won't make something edgy and gory just for the sake of "this is an adult game".

past games had quite some fan service, heavy gambling and adult jokes as far back as the 8bit era not to mention deeper themes it was already plenty adult the main series that is.

Not to mention I don't think that kids below below the age of 10 (with exceptions)  could even finish a mainline DQ game especially the older ones considering the puzzles and heavy reading.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 07:35:20 am by sworddude »

Yeah I'm gonna pass on Far Cry 6.  Far Cry 5 and New Dawn were okay, though honestly were sorta boring, there isn't much depth to the experience and have too much RPG-like stuff to them.  Like yeah it's over the top, but I just can't muster up enough interest.  I'll probably just grab it on a deep sale down the road.

telekill

Horizon looks great but I'm not anticipating it being out this year. Definitely on my list eventually though.

Sonic was "meh" for the most part for me. The origins collection was the best part but I own it all a few times over. I have it on Genesis and Game Gear as the originals. I have it on PS2. I have Sonic CD on my Kindle of all things. Then I have a Raspberry Pi with all the originals playable in "HD". There's zero reason for me to buy the Origins collection beyond maybe something more to it than what they've stated. I think Sega has overdone the original Sonic games as I think they're available on almost everything. Had they gone with a sequel to Mania, I would have been far more interested. 3D Sonic games? I have almost no interest in given the history post Dreamcast.

I think what I would have enjoyed most out of the Sonic showing was a new trailer to the live action movie sequel. They did a good job on the first and my kids loved it.

I have no interest in the other games shown.

sworddude

Horizon looks great but I'm not anticipating it being out this year. Definitely on my list eventually though.

Sonic was "meh" for the most part for me. The origins collection was the best part but I own it all a few times over. I have it on Genesis and Game Gear as the originals. I have it on PS2. I have Sonic CD on my Kindle of all things. Then I have a Raspberry Pi with all the originals playable in "HD". There's zero reason for me to buy the Origins collection beyond maybe something more to it than what they've stated. I think Sega has overdone the original Sonic games as I think they're available on almost everything. Had they gone with a sequel to Mania, I would have been far more interested. 3D Sonic games? I have almost no interest in given the history post Dreamcast.

I think what I would have enjoyed most out of the Sonic showing was a new trailer to the live action movie sequel. They did a good job on the first and my kids loved it.

I have no interest in the other games shown.

from what I've heard sonic 3 was in wide screen. but yea I think most people have played them at some point