Author Topic: E3 2021  (Read 6581 times)

Re: E3 2021
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2021, 06:48:47 pm »
Capcom has some potential for some specific fun stuff, at this point, I'm not expecting surprises, but then we also have Nintendo and Bandai on Tuesday which could offer some fun also.

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2021, 10:07:11 pm »
Tinykin from PC Gaming Show looks amazing! Pikmin x Chibi-Robo! Great art style too and it's a 3D platformer rather than a RTS game!

Definitely the best new announcement for me this year. Most stuff I liked has just been updates to games I already know of but this game is brand new.

The developer previously made Splasher which I never played but knew about because of its art style. This plays nothing like that game though.

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2021, 11:05:01 pm »
Holy God, this E3 has been terrible so far. Mostly a bunch of super generic looking games with a few alright ones thrown in here and there. Bethesda actually made me way less hyped about Starfield from that trailer which makes it look like a generic scifi game. I don't think a game has exceeded a 4/10 on the hype meter for me with 1 being the newest Madden game for that year to 10 being my utter meltdown I had when Shenmue 3 was announced in 2015. So far these are really the only games that have interested me

- Jurassic World Evolution 2
- Halo Infinite
- Stalker 2 (never played the first, but the second one looks genuinely cool)
- Elden Ring (not a big Souls series fan, but still can appreciate them)

I really hope Nintendo, Capcom, and 2k knock it out of the park over the next couple days otherwise this might be the worst E3 I've ever watched.

PS. Also really excited about what LRG has on the release schedule this next year so I'll be watching their conference too.

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2021, 11:23:29 pm »
Changed my mind, putting all my hope on Capcom today.  Big bet!  Mega Man Legends 3, Dino Crisis Remake, Godzilla crossover in Monster Hunter Rise, NOTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH THIS! PURE, UNHINDERED, HYPE!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 04:46:39 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2021, 08:39:42 am »
- Elden Ring (not a big Souls series fan, but still can appreciate them)

This technically isn't even an E3 game, since it was from the Game Dev Day presentation that occured before E3 started.

telly

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2021, 09:03:07 am »
PS. Also really excited about what LRG has on the release schedule this next year so I'll be watching their conference too.

This might be the only thing I end up watching today.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2021, 09:57:15 am »
Changed my mind, putting all my hope on Capcom today.  Big bet!  Mega Man Legends 3, Dino Crisis Remake, Godzilla crossover in Monster Hunter Rise, NOTHING CAN GO WRONG WITH THIS! PURE, UNHINDERED, HYPE!

It's gonna be updates to existing games.

Join us for the Capcom showcase at E3 2021 for news on our latest games lineup, including:
- The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Monster Hunter Stories 2
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Resident Evil Village

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2021, 10:47:44 am »

Join us for the Capcom showcase at E3 2021 for news on our latest games lineup, including:
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Resident Evil Village

If they were gonna announce something big they wouldn't tip their hand early.

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2021, 03:23:58 pm »

- Monster Hunter Rise
- Resident Evil Village

If they were gonna announce something big they wouldn't tip their hand early.
They would at least say new announcements or something. They didn't even say "and more!" so I would not expect anything outside of updates on those four games.

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2021, 03:59:57 pm »
You guys are saying things, but I can't really understand it, so I'll just keep on with nothing but maximum hype.

But yeah, I'm not expecting any big surprise out of left field lol Just hoping the RE Village talk is more Mercenaries content and has nothing to do with ReVerse, never anything with ReVerse, and then hopefully something really neat for Monster Hunter Rise, but I assume it'll just be whatever the verse Capcom crossover is supposed to be.

*EDIT*
The Resident Evil Village update was that the world will be terrorized by ReVerse next month, a disappointment for all, and that DLC will be coming later on for the main game, which is great, but they just started, meaning it'll be months if not next year for it to come out.  Cool, but unfortunate.

And for Monster Hunter Rise, it's the obvious Monster Hunter Stories 2 collab, which isn't exciting at all, but expected and a small update coming up the 24th.

Oof, closing on esports.  That's real rough.

Yeah, not too much here unfortunately...Oh well.  At least got Nintendo to look forward to tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 05:50:37 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2021, 06:27:02 pm »
Limited Run Games had a killer show! So many good games and Plumbers Don't Wear Ties too!

The best part of the show was Mega64 recreating the Xbox "wheel of unfairness" but I wish it lasted longer!

I usually talk myself out of buying Limited Run Games games but right now the Shantae collection and Zombies Ate My Neighbors have my interest.

i've considered buying Huntdown, The TakeOver and the Contra Anniversary Collection digitally before so nice to know physical is now an option.

RetroMania Wrestling looked really nice too. I've heard about it for a while but don't think I've seen gameplay until now.

Oh and Limited Run Games had a car on stage but Xbox did not so who really won E3?

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2021, 07:13:51 pm »
Nintendo is the last big event tomorrow and at this point, just give me the new Smash reveal and Breath of the Wild 2.  I'll be happy enough with that lol  Would like a surprise at Bamco, but not expecting too much there.

telly

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2021, 07:59:52 pm »
Wasn't too impressed by the LRG E3 show but there was some good stuff. Will definitely pick up the Castlevania SoTN/Rondo of Blood collection, Zombies Ate my Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol, and maybe the Contra Collection.

Was hoping for Fez, Spelunky 2, possibly Firewatch on Switch, or something along those lines.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mrkonasoni

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2021, 09:25:09 pm »
The only event I watched is the one for the Amico and because it was just 9 minutes.
It looks better than expected but I certainly don't feel like paying 250$ for it, but... let's see what happens in the future.

Microsoft allowed me to buy 3 months gamepass for 1$ careless I have been a Gamepass user in the past, so I am with the team that their conference has been the best one.

I have expectations for Nintendo.
Like that rumored Donkey Kong 3D game.

I don't like LRG anymore but the physical Contra, Castlevania and the re-release for Rondo of Blood for Turbo Duo sounds great, I will consider buying it.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2021, 10:11:03 am »
Limited Run must be fans of The Tim and Eric Awesome Show...that was weird.