Author Topic: E3 2021  (Read 6585 times)

sworddude

Re: E3 2021
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2021, 08:34:01 am »
Pretty solid E3 from Nintendo

Didn't expect advance wars to ever make some form of return so that's pretty sweet.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Flashback2012

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2021, 01:01:07 pm »

Didn't expect advance wars to ever make some form of return so that's pretty sweet.

Yay, Advance Wars remake. I'll take what I can get. Now do Golden Sun!  :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2021, 02:08:55 pm »

Yay, Advance Wars remake. I'll take what I can get. Now do Golden Sun!  :P

Only if they do both of the GBA Golden Sun games, since they connect together. I'd be ecstatic if they did that!

soera

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2021, 05:46:17 pm »
I hoped for a new "real" Metroid and it looks as if they may deliver.

SE pissed me off with the pixel upgrades of Final fantasy 1-6 and then put that crap on Steam which already has the games on it.  >:(

LRG had a few great announcements. One no one has mentioned is Axiom Verge 2 for consoles. It was originally only going to be on PC and seeing as its literally one of the best metroidvanias in existence, Im glad to get the sequel. Also Im hyped for Castlevania Requiem and Contra collection.

sworddude

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2021, 06:29:53 pm »
I hoped for a new "real" Metroid and it looks as if they may deliver.

SE pissed me off with the pixel upgrades of Final fantasy 1-6 and then put that crap on Steam which already has the games on it.  >:(

LRG had a few great announcements. One no one has mentioned is Axiom Verge 2 for consoles. It was originally only going to be on PC and seeing as its literally one of the best metroidvanias in existence, Im glad to get the sequel. Also Im hyped for Castlevania Requiem and Contra collection.

Missed the part of square enix.

I assume they didn't give FF 1 to 6 the octo path traveler modern 2d treatment like they did For Dragon quest III wich imo looked amazing.

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2021, 07:03:32 pm »
I assume they didn't give FF 1 to 6 the octo path traveler modern 2d treatment like they did For Dragon quest III wich imo looked amazing.

They're doing what they're calling a "pixel remaster", so likely original graphics but tweaked a bit for more detail & crispness. What's stupid is it's just for mobile and Steam, not the consoles.

tpugmire

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2021, 04:55:25 pm »
Apparently the special edition for Metroid Dread, as well as the amiibos are already sold out, according to the dude at GameStop. That was quick.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

necrosexual

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2021, 09:37:28 pm »
i'm pretty pleased with danganronpa collection on switch. on vita it's so expensive at this point, so seeing it get a release on switch is a welcome relief

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2021, 11:04:36 pm »
I didn’t have time to watch them all, but I did for a few.

Nintendo fucking slayed it. Metroid Dread alone was worth it, but add the Zelda Game & Watch, SMT V (finally!) and the ports of Fatal Frame, Mushihimesama, Espgaluda 2, and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, and my mind was simply blown.

Limited Run Games always have sketchy videos, but decent game reveals. This year they had neither. That wasn’t “funny”, it was sheer stupid. Also, the games they announced, outside of those which frankly should go retail, were awful. What a pile of garbage.

I must have missed those SHMUP announcements! I've played them all many times before, but to know they're still getting new ports is encouraging. I really hope Cave actually makes a new SHMUP soon, it's been nearly a decade since their last.

As for LRG's conference we must have viewed two different things. Aside from a handful of announcements nearly everything they went over looked amazing. I've played some of the indie titles they announced and they're freakin amazing retro throwbacks. And yes, the Konami stuff was definitely the show stealer. The Plumbers Don't Wear Ties finale wasn't how I would have ended it, but I'd be lying if it didn't surprise me. As for the humor it wasn't for everyone. I found it funnier than shit, but then again I'm a fan of that cringe humor or as someone mentioned it was very Tim and Eric like. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was the most excited and hyped I got during this year's E3.

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2021, 11:06:19 pm »
Apparently the special edition for Metroid Dread, as well as the amiibos are already sold out, according to the dude at GameStop. That was quick.

Yeah, half of them are on ebay right now. Nintendo being Nintendo and underproducing merch they knew was going to have ultra high demand.

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2021, 07:13:24 am »

Yeah, half of them are on ebay right now. Nintendo being Nintendo and underproducing merch they knew was going to have ultra high demand.

The current state has nothing to do with Nintendo, it's retailers not wanting to oversell.  The last few "chase" Ninty products have had the exact same thing happen with pre-orders only for stock to sit on shelves once it actually released.

sworddude

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2021, 07:51:20 am »

The current state has nothing to do with Nintendo, it's retailers not wanting to oversell.  The last few "chase" Ninty products have had the exact same thing happen with pre-orders only for stock to sit on shelves once it actually released.

according to the numbers metroid samus returns 3ds only sold a bit over 500K units worldwide so it ain't to strange that they are being cautious

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2021, 01:46:57 pm »

Nintendo fucking slayed it. Metroid Dread alone was worth it, but add the Zelda Game & Watch, SMT V (finally!) and the ports of Fatal Frame, Mushihimesama, Espgaluda 2, and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, and my mind was simply blown.

Limited Run Games always have sketchy videos, but decent game reveals. This year they had neither. That wasn’t “funny”, it was sheer stupid. Also, the games they announced, outside of those which frankly should go retail, were awful. What a pile of garbage.

I must have missed those SHMUP announcements! I've played them all many times before, but to know they're still getting new ports is encouraging. I really hope Cave actually makes a new SHMUP soon, it's been nearly a decade since their last.
The Cave shooters were announced in the Japanese-only direct, but Mushihimesama is on the NA eShop, and the other two are coming as well.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2021, 02:14:17 pm »

The Cave shooters were announced in the Japanese-only direct, but Mushihimesama is on the NA eShop, and the other two are coming as well.

There was also a new Darius game announced.

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2021, 07:34:46 pm »

There was also a new Darius game announced.
timestamp? I don't remember that at all
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)