Author Topic: The Smash Bros Kazuya showcase is in a few days what do you think/hope we'll see  (Read 1448 times)

In three days the Smash Ultimate Mr Sakurai Presents: Kazuya from Tekken showcase will air. We've already seen some moves and the stage but what else do you think we could see in terms of moves, alt costumes, Mii costumes Music etc.

I don't really follow Smash Bros much but haven't they already revealed this? An extended showcase for a DLC character just seems a bit much...

However, I will say it is nice to see Tekken & Kazuya get some appreciation! I always felt Tekken's story content from 1-3 was superb and loved Kazuya's menacing demeanor in Tekken 2.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

I can't wait to see him punch someone- I bet it's gonna look soooooooooooo awesome!

sworddude

I don't really follow Smash Bros much but haven't they already revealed this? An extended showcase for a DLC character just seems a bit much...

However, I will say it is nice to see Tekken & Kazuya get some appreciation! I always felt Tekken's story content from 1-3 was superb and loved Kazuya's menacing demeanor in Tekken 2.

allot of 2D fighting games do this especially in this day and age

Especially the core playerbase likes to analyze the characters for frame data and gimmicks to check if they are viable or not. For allot of people it's definitely essential to learn stuff early on.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:36:04 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

empovyle

There's only a couple hours left now. I think a Jin/Devil Jin skin for Kazuya would be really cool. I'm personally hoping for a SoulCalibur and Klonoa Mii costume, though I haven't watched one of these in-depth presentations in a while so I'm not sure if I'm being too ambitious with this.

sworddude

People are going to have a blast with Kazuya This is beyond Belmont or Samus projectile tier, plus unlike those characters Kazuya really dangerous in close combat. The range is crazy  :o

telekill

I'm not excited over this. I enjoy Smash but Nintendo has yet to add a DLC character that even raises my eyebrow let alone makes me want to spend money on it. Nah... the roster was big enough at launch. Fun for the fans of these external series, but nothing exciting for me personally.

sworddude

I mean for me personally

Terry bogard literally standing next to ryu in them arcade days in terms of popularity with arcade gaming a timeless SNK mascot.
Them dragon quest heroes, sadly not the one of the 5th game   :P
Sepiroth
Banjo kazooie

The legacy of the 4 above characters these definitely fit in smash. with some of them I'm suprised they didn't get a spot in an earlier game. These additions are amazing.

Honorable mentions to Joker and kazuya those are decent additions aswell but definitely more as dlc material less expected but good picks.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:48:45 pm by sworddude »