Author Topic: Playstation State of Play July 8th 2021  (Read 1492 times)

telekill

Playstation State of Play July 8th 2021
« on: July 08, 2021, 09:32:24 am »
Not the blow out presentation many of us Playstation fans were hoping for, but it's better than a stick in the eye. Sony went ahead and set the expectations pretty low for this as the emphasis is on Deathloop.... a game I have no interest in. That said, there will be some third party/indie stuff sprinkled in as well. With the low expectations set, the best realistic info I see coming out of this is info on Ninja Turtles Shredder's Return announced for PS4/5 with a release date. That's the best case scenario I'm expecting.

Link to the Playstation Youtube page to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8hWEhS7iw0

Here's the times for the show depending on where you're at:
 - North America: 2pm PDT / 3pm MDT / 4pm CDT / 5pm EDT
 - UK/Ire: 10pm BST
 - Europe: 11pm CEST / 12am EEST
 - Asia/Oceania: 6am JST / 5am AWST / 7am AEST

What are your hopes?

Re: Playstation State of Play July 8th 2021
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 02:06:44 pm »
I'm hoping I feel different in a year or two, but I regret getting PS5. Nothing is coming out for it in the near future that I care about, and what has come out for it doesn't do a lot for me. My fiancee is the main reason we have one, and if not for Demon's Souls she'd probably feel the same as me.

telekill

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 02:14:50 pm »
I'm hoping I feel different in a year or two, but I regret getting PS5. Nothing is coming out for it in the near future that I care about, and what has come out for it doesn't do a lot for me. My fiancee is the main reason we have one, and if not for Demon's Souls she'd probably feel the same as me.

Honestly, I would feel the same if I couldn't play my PS4 games on it. The PS3 had a horrible first year but we knew what was coming down the pipe with the likes of Assassin's Creed and Uncharted among many others. With PS5, Sony has adopted a very silent approach. We know next to nothing of what's planned and it's frustrating. The lack of communication is horrible PR.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 03:15:55 pm »
If this didnt have PS4 BC then getting it now for me would have been pointless. While I dont regret getting it and getting to play Demon's Souls Remake, it is lacking however I chalk this up to suffering from year one drought.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 03:27:00 pm »
I wish they'd stop showing off Deathloop, that game has just never looked that good and they spend so much time on it when they do show it off, it almost feels detrimental to the game at this point lol

Otherwise, the only thing I would like to see is something on Bloodborne...PS5 update, remaster, hell, a PC release, just anything.  Some other fun third party stuff will be cool too, but I'm expecting this to not have too much.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 03:28:39 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 03:30:20 pm »
Yeah, I'm oddly indifferent about Deathloop.  I've loved Arkane's other games, but it just isn't doing anything for me.

Folks with a PS5, how is the battery life on the controller?  That's literally one of my big reasons for wanting to upgrade.

telekill

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 03:57:38 pm »
Folks with a PS5, how is the battery life on the controller?  That's literally one of my big reasons for wanting to upgrade.

I honestly don't know. I've had my PS5 since launch but I got in the habit last gen of automatically plugging up my controller while the system in sleep mode after every play session. I only play for maybe 1-3 hours max at a time so I've never put the battery through its paces.

I will say as a life-hack for the PS5, buy yourself a short USB 3.0 extension cable for the front (charging and headset) so you don't have to constantly unplug/replug from the one USB A port in the front. It'll increase the life-span of it by a large margin. No issues with mine yet... I'm just thinking about the future wear and tear on it.

I also have a USB hub in the back that has the two ports needed for the VR and one for my music to play. That leaves the other USB port in the back for direct connection to my 4TB external with all my PS4 installs.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 04:03:07 pm by telekill »

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 04:17:02 pm »
Yeah I can't say for sure either, I think it's quite good as I tend to do long gameplay sessions 2 to 5 hours on some games at the start and don't need to charge up usually, but I also have my PS5 next to me at my PC so I can play it on my monitor, so I'm very close for plugging in my controller when I do have to charge it.  It's certainly not as good as the Switch's pro controller, but that thing can last forever practically.

*EDIT*
Well at least the Death Stranding stuff looked cool, seems like a nice expansion with all the new content they are adding in, so looks like I'm buying it for a third time lol I didn't get around to playing it as much as I wanted on PC, but all the new content will definitely give me more drive to play through it all again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 05:24:27 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telekill

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 05:49:24 pm »
No Ninja Turtles but I did get the welcome surprise of Moss 2. I really enjoyed the first thinking at the time that it could be turned into much more than a simple VR game. Great storytelling and world in general. I could easily see a kid's movie or TV series being made from it. Doubt it will get that kind of acclaim though.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 06:54:11 pm »
*EDIT*
Well at least the Death Stranding stuff looked cool, seems like a nice expansion with all the new content they are adding in, so looks like I'm buying it for a third time lol I didn't get around to playing it as much as I wanted on PC, but all the new content will definitely give me more drive to play through it all again.
It's just $10 to upgrade if you have the PS4 version already.

pzeke

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 07:10:05 pm »
No Ninja Turtles [...]

I'd wager Shredder's Revenge will be released around September-October. I used to think it would be released by August, but there hasn't been any news so far about it. But who knows; my body is ready for whenever it releases.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 07:13:44 pm »
*EDIT*
It's just $10 to upgrade if you have the PS4 version already.

Wish I had kept my PS4 copy, but guess I'm popping by Gamestop tomorrow for a used copy.

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 07:58:33 pm »
No Ninja Turtles [...]

I'd wager Shredder's Revenge will be released around September-October. I used to think it would be released by August, but there hasn't been any news so far about it. But who knows; my body is ready for whenever it releases.

Heh, I was so wrong about this one. It's set to be released this year, though, so like I said, my body is ready for whenever it comes out.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!