Author Topic: Rank the shipping services from best to worst? USPS, UPS, DHL, Fedex  (Read 2241 times)

Hello Everyone :) 

As you know most of us are collectors of many things but video games collectively and thus have a multitude of experience with all 5 of the big shipping competitors.  So I wanted to pose the question. Which package handler is the best and why? Which do you have the worst experiences with? 

The leave package in the rain when their is a very visible mail box and porch potected by an awning UPS guy 11/1000

Ok at this point I feel actively UPS tries to make your life misery, and if not for the thousands of i'm sure hard working good humans they employ this is a company i'd have no problem if they went under. Their is a special place in purgatory most likely near pol pot for the mail UPS man that deliberately crams a box the size of a box of cereal into a mail box the size of a box of gummies as if it makes scientifical sense. But maybe for only one day because it isn't as bad as his atrocities but he does have to pay lol.  UPS is borderline disrespectful with how they treat packages, how they treat estimated delivery times and the excuses they make :(    For example they literally got my package in my city today.  Delivery to be made at 7pm.  Just to tell me that you ran late and it will come the next day.  But no.  They go out of their way to blame a hurricane that I am not experiencing. "Your package is delayed.  Severe weather from Hurricane Idna has slowed our network of drivers.  Like sure I get if it wasn't in my city yet.  But that's like if I call out of work tomorrow and blame the blizzard of 78.  Like come on now.  Also my UPS man has a habit of deliberately going out of his way to put my 100 plus dollar packages on top of my trash can and hit "delivered at front door" on his thing.  It's just inexcusable.  Call? they deny it.  Fight lost packages they tell you to eat it.  This company is hopeless.  And when I see a seller confirm they delivered with UPS I automatically expect the worst.  I add 5 days to the time i'd normally expect to get something and pretty much pre damage my game boxes internally  :'(   Shame on ups.   

USPS 97/100

USPS has always been beautiful to me, The finest specimens of delivery excellence this proud spinning rock of water and desolation have ever seen :)  Federally funded through a pandemic, lay offs left and right, but every in person experience has been perfecta.  My main thing with my mail carriers, is they have the consideration to put packages in the entry way out of harms way, but even if they don't they always make sure they handle it with care.  I have had full talks with the mail man and he is really a good person.  From the LGBT man who weights my packages at the postal place who is one of the best comedic personalities I will ever know to going above and beyond to locate missing packages.  USPS is the standard for me.  Which is odd since they are typically the most cost effective, common and most hated of the big 3.  But I just love when I see "usps priority" when someone ships.  How about all of you? :)   I leave them drinks because they like it.   They are underappreciated and I love to make them feel cared about. 

Fed Ex 77/100

Ok but not perfect.  And speed varies based on type of service a bt too much.  I know economy shipping options should be slower but how slower? With USPS the economy mail like first class, media mail and economy all ship within 10 days at least.  When you pick economy with fed ex they basically strap your game to a carrying mule, they then have a carrying mule transport for 15 weeks cross continent like pre invention of the wheel days in saudia arabia villas.  I could walk to the person who intiially sent my package through fed ex economy faster than it takes for it to arrive.  And that is before the pandemic.    Then express?  Or next day of course?  They basically have Brett Favre spiral it onto your lap from your local air port, thing still has the person who shipped it's undried sweat on it, comes off the press hot.  So if you overspend for 40 dollar delivery services of course you have a good experience but most of the time you suffer long wait times.  However they do treat packages with care for my experience :)

Which of the big 3 do you like best.  Any bad stories? 

dhaabi

Re: Rank the shipping services from best to worst? USPS, UPS, DHL, Fedex
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 09:27:02 pm »
Federally funded

Just here to say that the USPS is not federally funded nor is funded by anyone's tax dollars but is instead self-funded.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 09:50:36 pm »
Federally funded

Just here to say that the USPS is not federally funded nor is funded by anyone's tax dollars but is instead self-funded.

Thank you for the correction :)  I don't know why I always thought they were federally funded. Have a beautiful day!

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 01:11:04 am »
You didn't actually mention the best of all, AMAZON. Faster cheaper and amazingly good. All things delivered by them to you in a day or two!

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 04:02:56 pm »
CANADIAN EDITION

Canada Post: Best when it comes to handling packages and pricing of items without tracking. But if you choose tracking get ready for your small package price to go from 15$ to 65$ instantly.

Canpar: Never used them, I don't know much about their service.

Purolator: Avoid at all costs. They are notorious for losing large packages due to pure incompetence. I have a pretty insane story to tell about Purolator but I'm not sure if I already told it on the forum yet.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 06:09:07 pm »
I am obligated to say UPS is the best…..

…..because my dad worked there for a long time, made a good living there, and provided a comfortable life for my family :)
Though he was not a delivery driver, he worked in finances, so I can’t really comment on the delivery side of it.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 07:35:28 pm »
CANADIAN EDITION

Canada Post: Best when it comes to handling packages and pricing of items without tracking. But if you choose tracking get ready for your small package price to go from 15$ to 65$ instantly.

Canpar: Never used them, I don't know much about their service.

Purolator: Avoid at all costs. They are notorious for losing large packages due to pure incompetence. I have a pretty insane story to tell about Purolator but I'm not sure if I already told it on the forum yet.

I have actually ordered 3 things from Canada. I know parcel switches hands to usps once it gets here to the states but usps here is literally free for all tracking usually even on cheap postage like first class or economy so this is interesting to me lol  :)   

But even if you have shared the story id love to hear it again if you feel like it.  This can be a dedicated experience thread. Thanks for sharing!

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 07:38:57 pm »
I am obligated to say UPS is the best…..

…..because my dad worked there for a long time, made a good living there, and provided a comfortable life for my family :)
Though he was not a delivery driver, he worked in finances, so I can’t really comment on the delivery side of it.

This is a sweet nostalgic story. Thank you for sharing! Do you have any memories of ups through your dad? Did he ever bring you to work or maybe bring home merchandise? My dad worked in a bakery for many years. Industrial one and would always being home bread still hot and replicas of the big delivery trucks :)

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 07:41:36 pm »
You didn't actually mention the best of all, AMAZON. Faster cheaper and amazingly good. All things delivered by them to you in a day or two!

Yes! Their delivery service is exceptional. I fear using the dreaded A word in fear of Jeff Bezos's reign of economical terror and slave labor conditions taking over the world and how poorly they treat funko pops in shopping and recieving lol. But they do get things to you so fast and free 2 day is unheard of.

95/100

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 08:47:26 pm »
I’m a FedEx driver, so I’m a little biased.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

alligo

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 06:23:17 am »
I'm in Europe and I have only ordered once with UPS, I didn't have any problems.
but I've heard a lot of negative feedback from them  ;D

For FedEx it's the same, I don't think I had any problems with them.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 12:54:25 pm »
As long as it arrives with it's contents undamaged you won't hear me complaining.

I've had boxes that arrived half opened but the content was undamaged and it's rare so not to big of a deal

I've even had console boxes used as packaging being delivered raw. They where handled very nicely though so my compliments to the chef.

Overall My country's postal service from my experience does a very excellent job. I'm lucky to not have those postage horror stories like some people online. Some neighboorhoods are worse for postage than others so that's also a factor if where talking Quality.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 03:54:30 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

gummo

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 01:17:09 pm »
#1 In my area FedEx is the best . Never had anything broken in their trust , tracking info is good , and their office hours are 9am to 5pm .
#2 Then UPS . Had a few packages misdelivered over the years , more than a few packages beat up badly or broken items inside , good tracking , usually no problems . Office hours are abysmal 4:30pm to 6pm , they're only open to the public for 1.5 hours a day .
#3 Then DHL simply because I've not used them much as we have no DHL office near . They usually use USPS for final delivery here so you end up with a carrier switch-off , tracking is not as good as others as you have to select which service is being used global vs express . Really no reason to use them in my area .
#4 Bringing up the rear USPS is the worst . Let me say first that my current mail dude is the best and never makes mistakes on his end . Office hours are great . The rest , not so great . Things arrive opened sometimes with items missing , smashed , water damaged , etc . Some of this can be chalked up to bad shippers/packaging , but not all of it . Highest chance of getting a damaged item with USPS hands down . Tracking is absolute shite . I've had about 4 things marked delivered that were never delivered to me . Just last week I had a package from ebay shipped through them show as delivered to an undisclosed package locker . I was sitting there as the mailman came by , he dropped some mail and left as usual , the problem was that we don't have lockers in my neighborhood . I had to go down to their office at which point they told me that they had a new employee at the hub scan some packages wrong and that I should receive it that day . They let that wrong tracking info slide without fixing it knowing that there was a problem with it . There's a lot of opportunity for mistakes in their tracking system that you don't see happen with anyone else .

** I also have to add that another negative with UPS last year around the holidays is that they used private contractors to deliver their overflow . Those contractors are basically hobos off the streets with open pick-ups overfilled with packages getting rained and snowed on so lost packages were a problem .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 01:35:17 pm by gummo »

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 06:40:33 pm »
Fed Ex lost my address and won't change what someone else changed so everything coming FedEx never comes to my door or mail, I called them? They said someone changed my name to address and they never fixed it. SO I can't order anything through the mail, the police I think know about it, because I never saw a FedEX truck in 8 months in my neighborhood.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tpugmire

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 07:24:32 pm »
Fed Ex lost my address and won't change what someone else changed so everything coming FedEx never comes to my door or mail, I called them? They said someone changed my name to address and they never fixed it. SO I can't order anything through the mail, the police I think know about it, because I never saw a FedEX truck in 8 months in my neighborhood.

That makes no sense whatsoever. That’s not how it works, whoever told you that was full of shit.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com