Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 9.23.21 thoughts?  (Read 2334 times)

Re: Nintendo Direct 9.23.21 thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2021, 08:49:21 am »
I don't think Nintendo has much of a say in how the movie will turn out, and they are totally fine with that since they aren't that comfortable in making movies it's not their specialty so they'd rather have the experts have more control over it hence why we have this actor list for the cast.

Nintendo specifically hasn't made any movies based on their franchises for decades because of how little input they had over the OG Super Mario Bros. movie and how freaked out they were when they saw how the production was going.  There is no way that this movie is being made without Nintendo having exactly how much control they want.

I don't see how charles ain't the voice of Mario than lol

Chris Pratt is the lead in multiple billion dollar franchises.  He voiced the lead in both critically lauded LEGO Movies.  He is absolutely a choice that makes sense on paper.

I get star power, but they really couldn't have picked anyone else with an italian accent?

You know that Charles Martinet doesn't actually speak like Mario, right?

Additionally, Mario isn't from Italy.  He's from Brooklyn.  That's the accent he should have.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 08:52:48 am by Cartagia »

sworddude

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2021, 08:52:44 am »
I don't think Nintendo has much of a say in how the movie will turn out, and they are totally fine with that since they aren't that comfortable in making movies it's not their specialty so they'd rather have the experts have more control over it hence why we have this actor list for the cast.

Nintendo specifically hasn't made any movies based on their franchises for decades because of how little input they had over the OG Super Mario Bros. movie and how freaked out they were when they saw how the production was going.  There is no way that this movie is being made without Nintendo having exactly how much control they want.

Chris Pratt is the lead in multiple billion dollar franchises.  He voiced the lead in both critically lauded LEGO Movies.  He is absolutely a choice that makes sense on paper.

I get star power, but they really couldn't have picked anyone else with an italian accent?

Allot of voice actors don't talk like their character in real life. pointless argument.

My point being if they where going to choose stars anyway at least get a more fitting actor. Chriss ain't known for his italian accent in previous roles or having any resemblance to it

Charles Martinet ain't even Italian however his voice for Mario has been established for 20+ years. he's known for that role.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 08:55:36 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2021, 08:53:42 am »

Allot of voice actors don't talk like their character in real life. unrelated comment

My point being if they where going to choose stars anyway at least get a more fitting actor. Chriss ain't known for his italian accent in previous roles or having any resemblance to it

So the reason that Chris Pratt can't do an accent and Martinet can is... what exactly?

It's not exactly like Idris Elba was known for his American Accent before The Wire.

sworddude

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2021, 08:59:33 am »

Allot of voice actors don't talk like their character in real life. unrelated comment

So the reason that Chris Pratt can't do an accent and Martinet can is... what exactly?

It's not exactly like Idris Elba was known for his American Accent before The Wire.

I think it's a questionable decision, should have gotten an actor like Danny DeVito instead if it had to be a famous actor.

he's probably going to do decent But I think the movie will be a meme and not all that much related to the games.

That Nintendo is looking over it with strict control worries me even more considering this decision. i'll probably still watch it expecting a cheesy movie for a good laugh.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 09:02:38 am by sworddude »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2021, 04:10:52 pm »

because this cast is the laughing stock of the web atm.

Which web? People have been posting all over the place on Facebook, excited about it.

You really haven't seen reddit, discord twitter that people are scratching their head how Chris prat is Mario. Even On Nintendo's twitter account you have tons of people complaining about it.

The movie is a meme for a hell lot of people at this point.

Honestly? No. One social network is enough for me. I stick to Facebook. Which is the most popular one, isn't it?

I am a member of many gaming groups there and the general consensus seems to be excitement for the movie.

sworddude

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2021, 04:47:26 pm »

Which web? People have been posting all over the place on Facebook, excited about it.

You really haven't seen reddit, discord twitter that people are scratching their head how Chris prat is Mario. Even On Nintendo's twitter account you have tons of people complaining about it.

Honestly? No. One social network is enough for me. I stick to Facebook. Which is the most popular one, isn't it?

I am a member of many gaming groups there and the general consensus seems to be excitement for the movie.

aside from facebook market place and it's groups being handy. Facebook has definitely been falling of for quite some time it ain't as popular as it used to be if where talking discussions, news and such.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 04:51:18 pm by sworddude »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2021, 08:54:15 pm »

aside from facebook market place and it's groups being handy. Facebook has definitely been falling of for quite some time it ain't as popular as it used to be if where talking discussions, news and such.

Facebook has the most users...fact.

sworddude

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2021, 08:15:32 am »

Mostly older people that use it actively these days I'd say.

covfefe2020

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2021, 10:51:49 am »

Thats because nobody deleted their Facebook accounts from 2014.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2021, 10:55:43 am »

Mostly older people that use it actively these days I'd say.

Lol, okay. Whatever you say. Nobody uses Facebook and everyone hates the new Mario movie.

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2021, 10:56:41 am »
Facebook has 2.85 billion active users as of July 2021, making it easily the most used of the Social Media platforms.  Second place is YouTube (not a social media platform, but whatever) with 2.29 billion.

Just becasue it sucks and you don't like it doesn't make it not popular.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-by-number-of-users/

sworddude

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2021, 11:13:39 am »
People in my surroundings aren't really using it anymore aside from people at the age of 40 - 50+ by hey every place is different

Still as far as news and discussions goes you rarely hear facebook in my experience always other sources.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 11:26:11 am by sworddude »

covfefe2020

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2021, 01:19:27 pm »
This whole website is geezers anyway so it would be unsuprising if theyre discussing nintendo directs on facebook of all things.
The Benevolent and Powerful covfefe2020

telekill

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2021, 11:31:25 am »
The only really interesting thing to me was the remaster of Actraiser... and the fact that it's not Nintendo exclusive this time. I'm planning to buy the PS4 version but it'll have to wait till I'm through more of the backlog.