Author Topic: Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai is a messiah. Do you like Karate Kid?  (Read 1072 times)

Sliced Bread Is The Best Thing Since Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai is better than a sweet cream cheese on a toasted bagel, it's that sequel we were denied. It's all I can share and more.  For one the acting is top tier.  Ralph Maccio still has it.  Johnny Lawrence goes from being one of the most hated men in 80s lore to now being someone we belove and his arch is anime levels of profound :D

If your Mrs. offers you to fly to rome and even chocolate covered strawberries off glascapes overlooking gondolas.  Or if your trampoline park is having a pizza night.  Cobra Kai is better.  If you imagine the best dream you ever had. Cobra Kai is better.

It also has a tubular and bodacious soundtrack.  And I am actively on my journey to be Johnny Lawrence by buying a 91 Trans Am and drinking coors banquet beer while wearing leather and kicking unadulterated wholesale ass.  The best.

But I pose the question  Do you feel Cobra Kai as a body of work has ascended to levels the original movie franchise didn't? Or do you think it isn't as good? 

Thank you for sharing.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 05:10:05 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai is a messiah. Do you like Karate Kid?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 06:04:25 pm »
I mean... let the guy speak for himself

https://youtu.be/X2SLqLYzJPI

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 06:23:15 pm »
I mean... let the guy speak for himself

https://youtu.be/X2SLqLYzJPI

I mean although he isn't always right or peaches and strawberry froyo. he has been known to see the error of his ways and correct himselr on a few of these occasions. His arch is profound ultimately finding him and Daniel have more alike than not :).  He gave up his inequality of women and in turn got a girl who was once bullied to top 3 in regional and also inspires as much as he demeans or more. He's that honest step dad kind of love. And he kicks wholesale ass usually in defense of those disenfranchised. He is having to unlearn all he was falsely taught while being a sensei. Hes come a long way.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 04:22:54 pm »
That guy plays a douche in everything he's in; watch European Vacation or Back to School. That being said, I do enjoy him even though I've never seen any Karate Kid movies
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 09:38:52 pm »
That guy plays a douche in everything he's in; watch European Vacation or Back to School. That being said, I do enjoy him even though I've never seen any Karate Kid movies

His best douchery was in "Just one of the guys"

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 04:50:42 pm »

I LOVE this movie!!!

And yes, he is a giga douche in that movie. Very underrated 80s comedy.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 09:00:47 pm »

I LOVE this movie!!!

And yes, he is a giga douche in that movie. Very underrated 80s comedy.

Agreed, great 80's movie that gets virtually no love.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 09:22:32 pm »
Yeah, Cobra Kai is awesome. Waiting patiently for Season 4. Johnny Lawrence is a bad ass.