Author Topic: Heavily marked down deals  (Read 2037 times)

dhaabi

Heavily marked down deals
« on: October 29, 2021, 11:34:01 am »
Every now and then, stores have hidden deals where prices are heavily clearanced in the system but do not reflect what is advertised on the pricing sticker. This is happening at Walmart now with about a dozen items being 90%+ discounted. Not every game listed below may be available with the clearance pricing. I just returned back from my local store and was able to purchase Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition for only $3.50.

brickseek.com is a great resource for finding deals and is the resource I'm linking for others to see what deals may be available to them. Here are the known discounted games that may or may not be available at your local stores:

PlayStation 4
Balan Wonderworld ($4)
Death Stranding ($2)
Immortals Fenyx Rising ($4)
Nioh 2 ($2)
Uncharted: Lost Legacy ($2)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon ($4)

PlayStation 5
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition ($3.50)
Immortals Fenyx Rising ($4)
NBA 2K21 ($2)
Nioh Collection ($7)
The Pathless ($4)

Switch
Balan Wonderworld ($4)
Indivisible ($3.50)
New Super Lucky's Tail ($3.50)
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 ($4)

Xbox One
Control Ultimate Edition ($3)
Madden 21 Nxt Lvl Edition ($4)

Having said all this, brickseek.com is not 100% accurate. Sometimes pricing may be outdated, and other times items aren't actually in stock. It's somewhat of a gamble. If possible, have the item price checked, and do be kind to retail workers if they don't honor prices.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 08:21:23 pm by dhaabi »

Re: Unadvertised, heavily clearanced Walmart deals
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 01:26:36 pm »
Yeah, I'm not showing any of these discounted via Brickseek or Walmart's website. I might stop in store tomorrow to check it out, but every one of them is coming up as MSRP.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 01:33:20 pm by Cartagia »

hexen

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 03:05:40 pm »
Damn, would have loved to get every one of those Switch games. Alas, they are all shown as out of stock at any WalMart near me but that's not surprising with those low prices.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 11:55:58 pm »
Hey Dhaabi,

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post this information on these awesome deals. Much appreciated!  :D

jason

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 01:05:20 am »
Hey Dhaabi,

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post this information on these awesome deals. Much appreciated!  :D

My sentiments exactly, as well! Thanks @dhaabi!

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 11:51:12 am »
Yeah, I'm not showing any of these discounted via Brickseek or Walmart's website. I might stop in store tomorrow to check it out, but every one of them is coming up as MSRP.

Well, my local store actually had prices on the shelf and every single one of these were gone when I got there this morning, so if you are interested, you may want to check it out sooner rather than later!  Thanks for the heads up!

dhaabi

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 12:11:10 pm »
Discounted pricing like this occurs fairly regularly, but it's uncommon for such a large collection of titles to all be discounted at once. I'll try to give more updates to this thread whenever a high-profile title is priced extremely low and definitely when many titles are.

I usually don't go out of my way to pursue these deals, but I remember a few years ago when a specific set of Switch Joy-Cons were discounted to only $25. I went out and bought one pair for myself and three for my friends across several local stores. That was definitely worth it.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 07:39:27 pm »
I ended up getting a few of these at some other stores, and someone Twitter said that Control Ultimate for XSX is $3.

That Madden game is also $4 for PS5.  Battlefield 1 on PS4 for $1.50 and Overcooked on XSX for $4, sounds like.

It might sound silly, but it has been really nice to have something specific to go hunting for.  Makes hunting fun again.  Thanks dhaabi!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 05:09:24 pm by Cartagia »

dhaabi

Shin Megami Tensei V - $36.99
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 06:57:29 pm »
GameStop has been selling Shin Megami Tensei V at $36.99 for about 24 hours now. The offer still stands which is unusual, as these types of discounts are usually only live for a few hours. Free shipping is being offered to orders $35+ too, so it's quite the deal. I was surprised to get the game for $40 a few days after its release, so to see it being sold even cheaper just a short time later is even more unexpected.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 10:14:26 am »
Looking like Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 and Planet Coaster for PS5 might be $2 each right now

dhaabi

Re: Heavily marked down deals
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 08:31:57 pm »
Of all stores, QVC is offering quite a deal for the next 3.5 hours or so which allows any item priced higher than $60 to be discounted by $30, including games. What makes this deal even better is that, for some reason, free standard shipping is available for most inventory items. Here is their site's video games section.

1. Add game to cart
2. If the game selected is valued at $59.99, add a $1 charitable donation to your cart. If the game is valued higher, proceed to 3.
3. Apply code HOLIDAY30.

This can be done without limit so long as you provide different e-mail addresses with each transaction. I ordered a copy of Pikmin 4 for just over $33.

Re: Heavily marked down deals
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 03:52:19 pm »
Grab the deals while the store still has them in stock, ok?

I am done collecting things now adays, stuff always starts to break down even the old stuff after some of the newer stuff
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 03:54:21 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"