Author Topic: Happy N7 Day!  (Read 805 times)

jason

Happy N7 Day!
« on: November 07, 2021, 12:21:49 pm »
What's your favorite moment from the Mass Effect Series?

telekill

Re: Happy N7 Day!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 02:10:17 pm »
I'm not sure if I have a specific favorite moment but I will say that the Mass Effect series quickly rose to top tier for me. It's one of the few series that I can call "epic" and it actually sticks. I was incredibly happy when they announced the trilogy remastered. I thought it was fantastic that they put up the option of creating your box art putting your favorite characters on the cover.

The upcoming Mass Effect is one of three games that I'm genuinely excited for. Yeah... only three games have been announced in the last two years that I have any excitement for. Here's hoping it's as incredible as the trilogy... though I did find Andromeda fun as well.

jason

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 02:44:45 pm »
I'm not sure if I have a specific favorite moment but I will say that the Mass Effect series quickly rose to top tier for me. It's one of the few series that I can call "epic" and it actually sticks. I was incredibly happy when they announced the trilogy remastered. I thought it was fantastic that they put up the option of creating your box art putting your favorite characters on the cover.

The upcoming Mass Effect is one of three games that I'm genuinely excited for. Yeah... only three games have been announced in the last two years that I have any excitement for. Here's hoping it's as incredible as the trilogy... though I did find Andromeda fun as well.

With the remastered version, I finally got around to checking out the first game. :)

Also, currently listening to - https://open.spotify.com/album/0twbqUYA4qkO5IROg1ZGyy?si=l20oRP_WSN-kwhO00LSVpA&nd=1

telekill

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 05:57:37 pm »
I had started the series with the second game on PS3 just after the third game came out. I was enjoying the second game so much that I ended up buying the third before I beat the second so I could continue the story. Played them back to back. Then the first released digitally on PS3 and I went back to play it but it played so differently that it turned me off just a little and I got distracted with other games. I finally got to beat the first game with the Legendary Edition but they had brought the first game closer to gameplay of the second and third. Made a huge difference for me.

I can't wait for the next one. Hoping for 2023 at the latest.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 06:40:18 pm »
My girlfriend just finished her replay using the remastered trilogy a few days ago, and it was nice to see some of the DLC I missed in my original time through.

The highlight of the series to me will always be Mordin's final moments of a full paragon playthrough.  It's one of the best character arcs in all of gaming.

telekill

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 06:46:14 pm »
Blog Post from Bioware for N7 Day:

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/happy-n7-day-2021

Bioware also just dropped a poster for the new game...

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 06:53:45 pm »
It's a series I like, but don't love.  I didn't like the first game, the gameplay was just not good to me so I skipped it, but I did really enjoy ME2 and ME3.  Andromeda was butts and I dropped that too.  I'm not excited for a new game, but I do hope its a good game because I wouldn't mind diving back in.

I don't have a lot of favorite moments I can think of, but one that I will always remember is Tali getting drunk...

Shepherd: "How are you getting drunk?"

Tali: "Very carefully. Turian brandy, triple filtered, then introduced into the suit through an emergency induction port."

Shepherd: "That's a straw, Tali."

Tali: "Emergency induction port."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 12:20:45 am by kamikazekeeg »

mastodon

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 10:11:41 pm »
Isnt Mark Hammel in one of these games?

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2021, 10:34:33 pm »
Isnt Mark Hammel in one of these games?

I double checked, but no he isn't.

jason

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2021, 11:46:53 pm »
Blog Post from Bioware for N7 Day:

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/happy-n7-day-2021

Bioware also just dropped a poster for the new game...

Just saw this!!! :)

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2021, 04:57:29 pm »
Boy, I wish the best moment was the end of ME3 and the conclusion of the epic story, but alas, it was not to be.

Honestly, the high point emotionally for me was just before the solo Reaper boss fight in ME3 (I forget what planet it occurs on). See, back in ME1 I wanted (or should I say, Sheperd wanted) to romance Tali so badly, but settled for Liara. He stuck with Liara throughout ME2. But when Tali was available in ME3, Shepard dropped Liara like a bad habit and hooked up with Tali.

So their relationship was a long time coming. And just before going out on a nearly impossible task of defeating a Reaper singlehandedly, Tali says “I love you” and Shepard responds with “Keelah se’lai”. I’ll always remember that.

On my first playthrough, my Shepard made all his decisions for Tali’s benefit. I had avoided spoilers so when I got to the final decision, I had no idea which was considered “best”. Shepard didn’t like the idea of the “symbiosis” because it might change Tali, so he picked Destruction.

telly

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 03:05:08 pm »
I've never played it but I've watched a bit of ME3 back in high school. Now that the trilogy is all together on one disc now might be the best time to experience it! I know it has a huge following.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2021, 12:07:49 am »
I liked the first game, loved the second game, thought the third game sucked. Didn't bother with Andromeda- once the legendary edition comes to game pass, maybe I'll give 3 another try.

telekill

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2021, 10:18:23 am »
I liked the first game, loved the second game, thought the third game sucked. Didn't bother with Andromeda- once the legendary edition comes to game pass, maybe I'll give 3 another try.

Not everything comes to game pass. What if it doesn't?