Author Topic: Forza Horizon 5  (Read 1176 times)

Forza Horizon 5
« on: November 11, 2021, 10:03:45 am »
Anyone playing!? I haven't played a Racing SIM or really any racing game since Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2 and I have to say this is reaallly scratching and itch I didn't know I had. I know Horizon has been around a little while, and this entry isn't exactly doing anything vastly different then the rest, but its new to me and feels really fresh. I'm digging how all the tracks are connected on the open world and you have to drive to get to your next race. I'm not that far in, but I can see myself putting a lot of time into this one.

Re: Forza Horizon 5
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 10:27:27 am »
I'm not playing Horizon 5, but I had that itch a few months ago, and I had code for Horizon 3, and I had a blast with it.  I definitely intend on picking it up once there is a price drop (maybe once I get a Series X?).

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 10:36:49 am »
(maybe once I get a Series X?).

Thats why I'm playing it. I picked up a Series X through that All Access program. Seems like they are easier to get that way, I would imagine it's cause scalpers dont want to deal with a credit check lol

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 01:54:38 pm »
I played it abit and I think it's pretty good.  I'm not into more realistic racing games normally, but Horizon has enough casual, sorta arcadey elements, that I played for a few hours.  I don't think I'll stick with it, I'm only playing it because I have Game Pass on PC for it and I'm still more into arcadey racing games, but it's still a good game.

Bluemoon

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 06:01:05 pm »
i've really been enjoying horizon 5, ive played all the horizon games since 2 and this is defiantly more of the same just refined. Coming off the back of playing burnout paradise remastered it's been weird going back to a more sim game, horizon is about as close to simulation racers as I'm willing to go but i can see myself playing this entry a lot

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 07:17:00 pm »
My favorite thing to do is just to use one of the more off-road type cars, like the rally car you get early on, because it's not a super restrictive game in terms of where you can drive, so driving off and on road to get where you need to is a lot of fun.  Anytime the racing is more standard racing on like tracks or pure on road, is when it's the least fun to me.  Get me flying under an impossibly mobile cargo plane as it drops motorcycle guys on me or I'm getting chased by monster trucks through the countryside lol

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 10:55:57 pm »
I've been playing on PC. I have a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition with the TH8A shifter and T-LCM pedals on a racing stand. I also have a 34" ultrawide monitor so the widescreen cockpit looks amazing. Plays like butter and just really loving it. I never finished Horizon 3 or 4, but I feel more inclined to this time due to the better wheel implementation. I'm also still chipping away at Forza Motosport 7.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 10:58:08 pm by ivorysoul »

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 12:24:18 am »
My favorite thing to do is just to use one of the more off-road type cars, like the rally car you get early on, because it's not a super restrictive game in terms of where you can drive, so driving off and on road to get where you need to is a lot of fun.  Anytime the racing is more standard racing on like tracks or pure on road, is when it's the least fun to me.  Get me flying under an impossibly mobile cargo plane as it drops motorcycle guys on me or I'm getting chased by monster trucks through the countryside lol

A man of taste I see. A man of delcious taste lol. If you are loving the cross country off road stuff, I recommend getting the hoonigan Ford RS2000 :)  It does close to 210 on dirt and eats gravel like asphalt. Easy 250,000 skill chains. It's blood rushing how fast that little car can scale literally anywhere.

As for tbe thread. Forza Horizon 5 is everything it should be and nothing it shouldn't. 4 felt it lacked atmosphere. 3 was the standard. Mexico is just booming with life. I have never missed a single forza game since 6th grade. Now at 25. Feels like an old friend is back. And they got hot lol. I do think they should have released the game ready with forzathon shop though. It's a gripe. 11 out of 10.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 09:44:52 am »
I haven't played the the 5th yet so can't judge yet, i bought a physical copy this weekend but kind of torn wheter i should hold off playing until buying a series x or just play it on the xbox one x.

My favourite horizon game is probably the second south of france and italy was just the perfect setting to cruise around in a ferrari or whatever. The 3rd and 4th they starting shoving in more and more ridiculousness (especially the offroad sections) it kind off started to get annoying, also australia wasen't really the greatest setting.
In the 4th the changing seasons while a good idea and cool it toke a whole week for it to change which was way too long imo should've off sort giving us to choice to choose ourselves.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 01:37:20 pm »
I haven't played the the 5th yet so can't judge yet, i bought a physical copy this weekend but kind of torn wheter i should hold off playing until buying a series x or just play it on the xbox one x.

My favourite horizon game is probably the second south of france and italy was just the perfect setting to cruise around in a ferrari or whatever. The 3rd and 4th they starting shoving in more and more ridiculousness (especially the offroad sections) it kind off started to get annoying, also australia wasen't really the greatest setting.
In the 4th the changing seasons while a good idea and cool it toke a whole week for it to change which was way too long imo should've off sort giving us to choice to choose ourselves.

I will say it performs beautiful on Xbox One X, steady frames, and crisp visuals. It looks slightly better than 4 and that's saying a lot. If I was you I wouldn't hold off as Series X doesn't really blow it out of the water or anything. IGN made a nifty little video of a side by side that inspired me to plug in my One X lol. Aside from minor shading and reflection detail, turn 10 games did the unthinkable and put heart into past gen versions as well. All the same races and fun to be had :)

alligo

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 05:37:15 pm »
I haven't taken it yet but I've done all the Forza and I can say they are awesome.

if you like arcade racing games, I think you might like this one.

For me, the very first FH is memorable for its music but also for the rest.
I already liked racing games but with this license, i really love it even more racing games.

Now, the game is not without faults : FH have always been "easy" but lately, they are even more generous.

draw/super draw galore (wheelspin), so it's much easier to acquire new cars.
Whereas in the first one, you really had to climb the ladder whether to acquire levels or cars.

Speaking of which, I recently wanted to redo the very first Forza Horizon.  ;D
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

alligo

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 05:44:43 pm »

Even if I like the license, I have to admit I didn't like the 3rd one as much.
it must be the one I have less hours with

I didn't like the championship system either, where most of the tracks/races are almost the same. (only one or two change, if I remember correctly)

I found the 4th one better in every way, I had much more fun on this one. (and much more hours lol)
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 10:08:51 pm »
Game rules. Playing it on PC.