Author Topic: The Original Retro Star Wars Battlefront Series Topic  (Read 1470 times)

The Original Retro Star Wars Battlefront Series Topic
« on: November 16, 2021, 09:08:39 pm »
I have the original Star Wars battlefront on the Original Xbox console, it's vary fun, and hard at the same time, I find it annoying when my brain dead CPU allies start dropping like flies, and I need to do all the killing by myself, it can really get annoying. For anyone who has never played Battlefront you basically are in a battlefield in the star wars universe, you can choose a side and then fight amongst the CPU in what i play in that is the single player mode, on the easy mode it's fun for  a while when you don't start losing allies left and right, later missions can be darn right impossible to beat, when the CPU AI is way better then your own allies AI,

I always have trouble seeing the enemies onscreen, I can't even blink my eyes of I'll lose a man and need to move across the battlefield all over again and the CPU allies are useless,

I am aware I that the game is meant for online play but I don't know anybody personally to play an xbox with or a LAN to connect mine to.

this game is suppose to the Clone Wars Documented in video game form but I can't get past where the off movie storyline takes place in,
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: The Original Retro Star Wars Battlefront Series Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 10:33:02 am »
I only ever played the first one years ago and thought it was alright. I can see why people would have gone crazy for it when it first came out, but it does feel fairly dated in a lot of regards. I've never played 2, and as for the new ones I dipped my toe into the first new Battlefront when it was first released, but it quickly reminded me how much i hate online gaming. I've never tried new Battlefront 2. I guess it's just not a series I'm that into when it comes to Star Wars games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 10:57:00 am »
I'm not even a Star Wars fan, but I had a lot of fun with the first two games nonetheless. Pure, chaotic fun!

tpugmire

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 07:19:23 pm »
I played the original two on pc back in the day. They were fun, even though I wasn’t that good.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 07:10:46 am »
I totally loved the first batch of SW Battlefront games for the original xbox - and was quite dissapointed in the newer releases on the actual console generations. Back in the day, every fraction offered you a number of fixed classes to choose from that could be leveled up a bit. That's what I missed when first playing the new Battlefront titles, where you're 'free' to create your own classes through different perks. It seemed unballancing to me in fact, but maybe that's just a matter of taste.
Nevertheless, space-battles are still awesome and fun!!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 12:25:42 am »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2022, 02:17:31 pm »
Ok so I've been getting a lot better after all at Star Wars Battlefront 1 after watching someone else on YouTube play, in the video it was obvious he was using the D-pad to issue commands to the AI soldiers around his current life, in which all you really need to do to make the game a lot easier is to issue orders to your squamates on the fly, they not only offer you covering fire while moving forward they are better off with a partial human brain telling them what to do instead of just standing there getting shot at by your enemies and dying

In an update the last game I purchased happened to be a brand new sealed copy of the original Star Wars Battlefront 2 so after I spend 1 month back in May 2022 in the medical hospital  recovering from plastic surgery to my face after I dove down a staircase in a suicide attempt from being really sick earlier this year.

I got home from after 5 weeks in the hospital in June 2022 I finally broke the seal on Star Wars Battlefront II for the original Xbox and I can say I don't know which game I like better 1 or 2.

Because Star Wars Battlefront 2 has more gameplay modes including CTF against the CPU and more maps too, and hero's to play as also I am now going to watch some gameplay of SW battlefront 2 origional to see if I can gather even more gameplay tips on that game as well :)

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

conduit

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 06:43:51 pm »
This series, more so the second game, was a cornerstone of my childhood. My brother and I attended a Saturday morning bowling league. We meet two other kids, who also happened to be brothers and Star Wars fans. They had a PS2 and played Battlefront II like crazy. They introduced us to the game and the system if I'm remembering correctly. We'd spend countless Saturdays after bowling just playing each other trying to grind out our accounts to get legendary weapons or for simple barging rights. When the 360 came out we migrated over when a mutual friend of ours gave us his Xbox copies of Battlefront I and II. Between the two consoles we played an ungodly amount of hours not just in Battlefront, but in any local multiplayer game we could get our hands on. Soulcalibur IV in particular was another game we'd play vigorously. We'd play SCIII and SCV too, but IV had the Star Wars guest characters.

It's safe to say Battlefront II was the catalyst to what would become cherished friendships of mine throughout my youth. I still remain in contact with both brothers, albeit infrequently. With the passage of time both have moved on to different interest and pursuits. The same can be said for me. The current state of Star Wars has withered my love for the franchise so I haven't had the urge to play the original Battlefronts in a long time. I have been thinking of doing another playthrough of Jedi Outcast though, maybe the original KOTOR when I have the itch.

The original Battlefront series has strong sentimental value to me. I apologize if I was veering off topic. As soon as I saw the title of the OP a wave of pure nostalgia washed over me. I was compelled to write it down. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2022, 09:12:23 pm »
This series, more so the second game, was a cornerstone of my childhood. My brother and I attended a Saturday morning bowling league. We meet two other kids, who also happened to be brothers and Star Wars fans. They had a PS2 and played Battlefront II like crazy. They introduced us to the game and the system if I'm remembering correctly. We'd spend countless Saturdays after bowling just playing each other trying to grind out our accounts to get legendary weapons or for simple barging rights. When the 360 came out we migrated over when a mutual friend of ours gave us his Xbox copies of Battlefront I and II. Between the two consoles we played an ungodly amount of hours not just in Battlefront, but in any local multiplayer game we could get our hands on. Soulcalibur IV in particular was another game we'd play vigorously. We'd play SCIII and SCV too, but IV had the Star Wars guest characters.

It's safe to say Battlefront II was the catalyst to what would become cherished friendships of mine throughout my youth. I still remain in contact with both brothers, albeit infrequently. With the passage of time both have moved on to different interest and pursuits. The same can be said for me. The current state of Star Wars has withered my love for the franchise so I haven't had the urge to play the original Battlefronts in a long time. I have been thinking of doing another playthrough of Jedi Outcast though, maybe the original KOTOR when I have the itch.

The original Battlefront series has strong sentimental value to me. I apologize if I was veering off topic. As soon as I saw the title of the OP a wave of pure nostalgia washed over me. I was compelled to write it down. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Your welcome @conduit ;)

I love your chosen avatar by the way it suits the season of your current post :)

I love both original Star Wars Battlefront games more than any Star Wars game I ever played before, I have both on the original Xbox in which especially the 2nd game for the OG Xbox is I guess kind of rare? i mean when I was shopping for the 2nd game earlier this year it was the last copy on Walmart's website at the time and amazon only had used PC ports, I know the last time I (thought) I bought an Xbox port off Amazon it shipped to me as the PC version instead with one of the install discs missing making it useless and unplayable to me.

Now it appears their is a (New) dedicated website for the OG Xbox version operated by Microsoft

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/star-wars-battlefront/BZSWRLXJM182

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/star-wars-battlefront-ii/BPV56ZX2B8PJ

I can't be sure but if this site is legit I'd say Microsoft is making new copies of the original games again due to how rare the older copies have become on the collectors market, but I could be wrong check the link out to see :-\
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 09:15:26 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

dhaabi

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2022, 09:55:29 pm »
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/star-wars-battlefront/BZSWRLXJM182

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/star-wars-battlefront-ii/BPV56ZX2B8PJ

I can't be sure but if this site is legit I'd say Microsoft is making new copies of the original games again due to how rare the older copies have become on the collectors market, but I could be wrong check the link out to see :-\

Those two links are item pages for the digital games playable on modern systems. I doubt the original games would be physically published again unless through a limited print company.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 02:04:36 am »
Only downside to the digital copies for the 360/One/Series S|X is that since they are just digital versions of the original games, online multiplayer does not work anymore (can still do LAN play however), and the DLC for II is unobtainable because of Live being shut down for the Original Xbox. The DLC being lost is the biggest pity as that pack added 4 maps from the first game, 2 heroes (Kit Fisto and Asajj Ventress), and allowed you to play the heroes only mode on many more maps.

I always have trouble seeing the enemies onscreen,
In the game settings (for II at least), there is an option called display enemy icons. Turning that on will put an icon over the head of any enemy on your screen.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:24:20 am by emporerdragon »

conduit

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 07:28:34 pm »
Your welcome @conduit ;)

I love your chosen avatar by the way it suits the season of your current post :)

I love both original Star Wars Battlefront games more than any Star Wars game I ever played before, I have both on the original Xbox in which especially the 2nd game for the OG Xbox is I guess kind of rare? i mean when I was shopping for the 2nd game earlier this year it was the last copy on Walmart's website at the time and amazon only had used PC ports, I know the last time I (thought) I bought an Xbox port off Amazon it shipped to me as the PC version instead with one of the install discs missing making it useless and unplayable to me.

Thanks, it's a screencap from Rondo of Blood. After the season's over I might swap it for something else, we'll see.  8)

Battlefront II on Xbox doesn't go for much nowadays. Most people playing it in 2022 are likely on PC anyway, so if you had a complete copy you would've lucked out. It's still sitting on Steam for a comfortable $10. Had I convinced my aforementioned friends to get into PC gaming we'd probably still be playing it now.

Years ago I was hoping this fan made Battlefront III would get released. EA swooped in and killed it with the C&D. Sadly it has turned into a generic, early access sci-fi shooter that will likely never get off the ground.