Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2022  (Read 20294 times)

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2022
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2022, 12:20:56 pm »
I had submitted a cart picture for super tennis on snes, north American version, it has the back of the box art 8n the spot for cartridge and I assume the cartridge image is in the spot for back of box, hoping to get this changed

tripredacus

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2022, 10:48:33 am »
Cart image slot removed.

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2022, 06:19:40 pm »
Not sure how to request or submit this - or if it's even technically allowed.

https://vgcollect.com/item/216050

Is Delta V: Rings of Saturn.  I think it got submitted as AV instead of using the symbol for Delta, which is how the title is stylized, because the symbol resembles an "A".

dhaabi

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2022, 09:28:00 pm »
https://vgcollect.com/item/216050

Is Delta V: Rings of Saturn.  I think it got submitted as AV instead of using the symbol for Delta, which is how the title is stylized, because the symbol resembles an "A".

Originally, the entry was submitted as ΔV: Rings of Saturn. However, the common name rule applies. On GameFAQs, the game is titled AV: Rings of Saturn. Other alt-title readings were provided when the entry was submitted.

Agozer

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2022, 09:39:38 am »
https://vgcollect.com/item/216210

Added the game's PSN art as cart/disc/item art by mistake when it should have been the front art. Also added it under Playstation 4 [EU] by mistake when it should have been under Playstation Network (PS4) [EU].

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:13:48 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2022, 12:08:25 pm »
I got a rejection on a change to the front image for this entry due to it being poor quality.

https://vgcollect.com/item/216317

I wasn't sure if the image got messed up when being uploaded or if you just didn't want to change out the image that was already there.  If you do prefer the current image can I at least request that it gets cropped down to remove all the empty space around it?

dhaabi

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2022, 12:31:29 pm »
I got a rejection on a change to the front image for this entry due to it being poor quality.

https://vgcollect.com/item/216317

I wasn't sure if the image got messed up when being uploaded or if you just didn't want to change out the image that was already there.  If you do prefer the current image can I at least request that it gets cropped down to remove all the empty space around it?

The reason your edit submission was rejected was due to that the current entry image features a sealed product. When originally submitted, an image only occupied the front art slot, which is why your other image submissions were approved. From the style guide:

Front/Back art slot image type priority for physical items
We prioritize the best quality image for each slot, however if a better quality image is submitted that is a tier below the existing image (even if the existing image is poor or lesser quality) it will be rejected.

1. Sealed
The number one determination as to whether an item needs a sealed photo is if the item has something unique about it that isn't present on a loose sample.
If such a difference is present, it should be noted in the item Description.

Since Super Rare Games releases are sealed in an outer plastic with a brand label outside it while containing visible additional contents, sealed images will be most ideal for these items. Here is an example Super Rare Games entry with ideal images and details: SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech.

If you're wanting better quality images, it may be best to reach out to the user who originally submitted them for hopes of submitting replacement images. Or, you may try to find quality images online. As far as cropping the current image to re-submit, it can be done and would be approved. However, the quality will immensely drop when re-uploaded since the image size is 200x266 already.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 12:37:20 pm by dhaabi »

pzeke

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2022, 02:39:08 pm »
We prioritize the best quality image [...]

That's debatable.

Images that aren't properly edited or are badly cropped shouldn't be accepted in the first place, and I'm talking specifically for newly made entries. I'd much rather see an entry without a front image than it having one that someone just threw in for the sake of there being one. Don't bother if you're going to half-ass it!

Anyway, I found the original image, including the back, so hopefully they're good enough this time around.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2022, 02:52:28 pm »
We prioritize the best quality image [...]

Images that aren't properly edited or are badly cropped shouldn't be accepted in the first place, and I'm talking specifically for newly made entries. I'd much rather see an entry without a front image than it having one that someone just threw in for the sake of there being one. Don't bother if you're going to half-ass it!

Personally, I agree. However, I'm here to enforce the existing rules. With that said, your edits have been approved.

pzeke

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2022, 02:55:39 pm »
I understand. And just in case it wasn't clear given my record here, that wasn't an attack toward you.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2022, 05:00:09 pm »
I just wanted to say thank you to pzeke for taking the time to find the image, it looks much better now. :)

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2022, 04:33:19 pm »
eh nvm

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2022, 06:19:42 pm »
Edit2 : Nvm. Got confused since the box has different age ratings, the game is always the same

I hope this is the right place since it isn't really a rejected edit but a merged new entry.

I created a Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U bundle version with multiple age ratings. The existing entry only has the PEGI rating. Since there are two different versions, why got one deleted?

On consolevariations you can see both versions. ( https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/nintendo-wii-u-xenoblade-chronicles-x-bundle )

Edit: The PEGI only version got deleted.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 06:46:12 pm by pfogel »

dhaabi

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2022, 07:21:31 pm »
Edit2 : Nvm. Got confused since the box has different age ratings, the game is always the same

I hope this is the right place since it isn't really a rejected edit but a merged new entry.

I created a Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U bundle version with multiple age ratings. The existing entry only has the PEGI rating. Since there are two different versions, why got one deleted?

On consolevariations you can see both versions. ( https://consolevariations.com/variation/console/nintendo-wii-u-xenoblade-chronicles-x-bundle )

Edit: The PEGI only version got deleted.

For the existing Xenoblade Chronicles X entry and (multiple ratings) entry you created, the information was the exact same aside from the front art slot. At the time, 108847 featured incorrect artwork that only the UK version has.

I lifted the box text information and front art image from the entry you had originally created to 108847.

Also, it's best to not rely on stock imagery such as the image shown on Console Variation's website. In most circumstances, the art is updated and not representative of what actually exists.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 07:23:44 pm by dhaabi »

« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2022, 11:48:55 am »
Editing https://vgcollect.com/item/6359 "Command & Conquer: Red Alert" to remove date and change Item name as the data depicts the re-release of the game and not the initial release. Will create one for the original release.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 11:54:36 am by tripredacus »