Author Topic: PlayStation VR2 | Horizon Call of the Mountain announced!  (Read 2546 times)

telekill

Re: PlayStation VR2 | Horizon Call of the Mountain announced!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 10:53:58 am »
The tech improvements seem great. What I'm not wanting to know is the cost. I'm betting $500 for the headset as I believe it comes with the new controllers as well. That means I won't be buying one until at least a couple years after launch and hopefully at a significant discount such as black Friday. Now it's a matter of what games are available for it and Horizon isn't going to cut it.
What games would you like to see?
I think one thing they could have done really well with is bringing people together in the VR space. Think of something like PS3's Home... but in VR with various mini games to help create socialization. Games like board games, card games, pool and darts. Etc... I'm honestly surprised Nintendo hasn't jumped in the VR space, doing exactly what I described mixing VR with AR into an epic Pokémon card battle game.
You're pretty much describing the free game Rec Room.

Never heard of it but I'll check it out. I was talking about more of a hub like Home though... not a single game.

mastodon

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 01:46:15 pm »
I haven't done any VR yet. I plan on buying the PS VR2. Just want to see more info release soon. Not a ton of VR, in the past, really inpressed me. I'd like to try Skyrim VR and Star Trek: Bridge Crew and only a few others. I've been waiting for the technology to improve since the Nintendo Virtualboy and watching The Lawnmower man lol. Maybe this is finally it.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2022, 11:49:25 am »
If you're looking to get one signing up via the link at the bottom of this page is probably a good idea: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-vr2/

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2022, 09:12:50 am »

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 11:15:05 pm »
Meh, VR is still a decade, maybe two away from actually being worth a damn. Right now it's just an expensive gimmick.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2022, 04:50:22 pm »
No backwards compatibility confirmed.

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2022, 05:00:20 pm »

Do you mean that it has no backwards compatibility or that there has been no confirmation of backwards compatibility?

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2022, 05:01:39 pm »

Do you mean that it has no backwards compatibility or that there has been no confirmation of backwards compatibility?
The first one. It was confirmed today to not play games for the first PS VR.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2022, 12:43:55 pm »
Did i hear it right, no physical games, only downloads?