Author Topic: Video game memorabilia frames  (Read 730 times)

Video game memorabilia frames
« on: January 15, 2022, 03:27:52 pm »
Hey all, just looking for suggestions on places that sell cheap non-standard size frames? I have gone to Michaels and Hobby Lobby and outside of having to use matting on higher priced frames, I can't seem to find good framing options for posters and calendars. I have some old 90's nintendo power posters that are pretty much square 21"x21". Suggestions? Also, what about shadowboxs for high value CIB games or frames for players guides? For example, I have the Earthboumd game and players guide id like to keep in a frame S well as some NES and N64 games CIB. Any suggestion is appreciated!

david0mario

Re: Video game memorabilia frames
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 12:02:21 am »
For picture frames of non standard sizes, I'd recommend Amazon. They have frames for pretty much any size, I've had the most success with them before :)!

telekill

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 11:44:23 am »
Putting complete original copies of some favorites within shadowboxes has been my Pandemic Project. These are each 11x14 shadowbox frames from Michael's.

Each frame holds a complete copy of a game from a favorite series, a timeline of the series, a scene from one or more of the games, and a push button speaker that cycles through songs from each corresponding series.

Take a look at them in my gallery:
https://vgcollect.com/gallery/Telekill

My point is that you should consider getting creative. Give yourself some extra space to play around with and design something unique that you'll love to see.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 01:35:50 pm »
Each frame holds a complete copy of a game from a favorite series, a timeline of the series, a scene from one or more of the games, and a push button speaker that cycles through songs from each corresponding series.

Thise look awesome! Great work! Did you print the scenes yourself on card stock to give the 3D feel? I could see me doing that for a few games. I look toward nice looking but cost effective display Ideas so I may need to give this a shot. Also, how did you get the push button sounds or music? Do you have any how to videos or pages? Thanks!

telekill

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 05:28:05 pm »

Thise look awesome! Great work! Did you print the scenes yourself on card stock to give the 3D feel? I could see me doing that for a few games. I look toward nice looking but cost effective display Ideas so I may need to give this a shot. Also, how did you get the push button sounds or music? Do you have any how to videos or pages? Thanks!

Thank you. I don't really have a "How to" anywhere. That said, yes, I had to take each image into Photoshop and decide how to split each image into layers and fix it up a bit. Then had each layer printed at a print shop on thick card stock. Then I cut each piece out with an xacto knife.

As for the sound, I bought 4mb push button and battery powered sound modules. Do a search on Amazon for "Talking Products, MP3 Recordable Sound Chip Module, 4MB Memory, with AAA Battery Box." I believe they were about $16.

I'm planning to make a couple more. Next up for me will be Mass Effect. Then I'll be doing some gift ones for friends and family. I may do a "How to" video for one of those.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 11:03:33 pm »
So, I tried a quick shadowbox frame idea. Definitely not a pro-job, but it does get the job done. Lol. Works well for the game and players guide (don't worry, its not a real box that was cut)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:09:35 pm by Phriq »

mastodon

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 02:53:57 am »
Putting complete original copies of some favorites within shadowboxes has been my Pandemic Project. These are each 11x14 shadowbox frames from Michael's.

Take a look at them in my gallery:
https://vgcollect.com/gallery/Telekill

My point is that you should consider getting creative. Give yourself some extra space to play around with and design something unique that you'll love to see.

cool

jipsy

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 04:10:17 pm »
Honestly I've found some amazing frames at thrift stores, the only issue with that method is that it's never a guarantee that you'll get the size you need.
Jipsy