Author Topic: Xbox One Cover Art  (Read 523 times)

Xbox One Cover Art
« on: February 07, 2022, 05:24:49 pm »
Just asking a questions I've been pondering for a while now. For most of the Xbox One games, the green "Xbox/Xbox One" header is present in the front cover art. Is this intentional and part of the style guide? Or is this just convenience since most stock images will include the green header? I have scans of the front cover art without the header for most Xbox One games in my collection but won't want to submit them if it is against the style guide. Thanks in advance.

dhaabi

Re: Xbox One Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 07:44:59 pm »
It's not explicitly stated in either style guide to include top banner information that is common for PlayStation and Xbox games, but the examples shown in the Advanced guide relating to images all feature a banner if present. I would advise for submitted images to include the information.

For example, if better but banner-less artwork for an Xbox game was submitted to replace worse but banner-present artwork, I would reject the edit.

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 10:07:50 am »
What do you mean the "banner" do you mean the front of the plastic case that the cover artwork fits into?
Many stock photos are wrong and use an edited cover stock photo to "include" this portion of the case.
We should have actual image of the front of the item, including what the case looks like.

If you are referring to something else, post some pictures or examples.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 01:42:40 am »
Okay thank you for answering my question. I often forget that the purpose of the database is to catalog items rather than just provide the information for the games.
What do you mean the "banner" do you mean the front of the plastic case that the cover artwork fits into?
Many stock photos are wrong and use an edited cover stock photo to "include" this portion of the case.
We should have actual image of the front of the item, including what the case looks like.

If you are referring to something else, post some pictures or examples.
Specifically for Xbox One games, I was referring to the green portion of the top that says "XBOX ONE". I was confused since many of the pictures we use include this green part, even though it is not part of the cover art for the game(s). What I mean by this is although PS4 games have their respective blue banner, the Xbox One games' green banner is just the top part of the case. However, I understand now that we're not just concerned about the cover art for games and having a picture of the front of the item is more accurate - case included.