Author Topic: Cart pics instead of Box pics?  (Read 2296 times)

theflea

Cart pics instead of Box pics?
« on: February 12, 2022, 08:00:20 am »
I noticed that for some reason its showing many games in collection as the cart or disc pic instead of the front Box pic?
I think something needs to be fixed.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Re: Cart pics instead of Box pics?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 08:06:19 am »
I noticed that for some reason its showing many games in collection as the cart or disc pic instead of the front Box pic?
I think something needs to be fixed.

I think it means you don't have them boxed, but loose and therefor it shows your collection in it's current state.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

jason

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 12:13:02 pm »
That is as intended. We updated the logic to not just show the box art, but based on the settings for the game itself. If you have selected the full game and the box too, it should show the box art. If you only have the cart selected, it'll just try to show the cartridge art.

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 05:23:49 pm »
That is as intended. We updated the logic to not just show the box art, but based on the settings for the game itself. If you have selected the full game and the box too, it should show the box art. If you only have the cart selected, it'll just try to show the cartridge art.
Yuck  :'( Can this be made user selectable?

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 07:04:04 pm »

There seems to be a bug with this, where if you only have the cart but the listing doesn't have cart artwork it displays an error:

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 07:57:51 pm »
I'm getting the same error too.

jason

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 02:07:34 pm »
Whoops. Should be fixed now.

There seems to be a bug with this, where if you only have the cart but the listing doesn't have cart artwork it displays an error:

jason

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 02:08:28 pm »

I'm sorry. Do the rest of you also want the ability to choose between for this setting?

62gaming

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 03:06:01 pm »
Personally I like having the cart pictures for the games I don't own boxes for, but I do think that the option to toggle it would be nice in general.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 08:57:47 pm »

I'm sorry. Do the rest of you also want the ability to choose between for this setting?

For me yes if possible.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2022, 01:34:58 am »
I would like the ability for this to be toggled on or off. For a moment I thought the database had removed the pictures.

telly

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2022, 09:10:32 am »
I would also like to choose to toggle the setting on or off. Items in my collection that don't have a physical box not just default to "no art" now, like strategy guides and all digital games.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

theflea

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 03:30:11 am »
please leave it showing the box art on default. I do not want to go all my games and add box just because of this stupid change.
Please fix.  >:(
"Happy game hunting!!!"

theflea

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 07:26:23 pm »
found this while editing all my collection due to this update. wtf.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 01:52:41 am »
I would also like the option to choose. I often look at my collection on this site to help me pick a game to play, and seeing all the box art in front of me in a uniform manner helps with that. I understand how showing the cart for games where you only own the cart is helpful for those who want that information at a glance, but in my opinion it looks a lot less clean and is disruptive when trying to visually browse titles. It's a good idea, but not for everyone, and an option to toggle between one or the other would be a fantastic addition.