Author Topic: Like a Dragon: The Game Without a Disc  (Read 1706 times)

Re: Like a Dragon: The Game Without a Disc
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2023, 05:51:12 pm »
It's been confirmed that the standard edition of the game will have a disc, it's the collector's edition that won't.

From what I understand, that is news confirmed from two weeks ago. The news I'm reporting is from earlier today. Of course, how Starfield is actually released physically could be either with a disc or as a voucher code, but we won't know until it releases some time later.

If Starfield is releasing without a disc, it does not come as a surprise to me. I'm sure the game will have large patches to fix what I am presuming will be a troubled state at launch. It also makes sense to a degree because the game will be available on Game Pass on launch day, as I'm sure there is only a small percentage of Xbox players without that subscription.

Right, that was an error on my part, I was going off the Wario64 thread on it and I completely overlooked that the date from it from was before the newer post.  Seeing that the newer post saying digital only was deleted, my guess is that they had the wrong info on it, though it would be smart for them to confirm it so people don't have to wait for the physical copies to be seen to know for sure.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2023, 05:58:46 pm »
From a Tweet which has since been deleted, Bethesda has confirmed that no version of Starfield will include a disc.

It's been confirmed that the standard edition of the game will have a disc, it's the collector's edition that won't.

Probably why they deleted the Tweet.

sworddude

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2023, 01:07:54 pm »
From a Tweet which has since been deleted, Bethesda has confirmed that no version of Starfield will include a disc.

that's so funny.

The people who would care about the game being physical the most getting an empty husk LMFAO
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2023, 02:56:54 pm »

dhaabi

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2023, 06:36:11 pm »

The people who would care about the game being physical the most getting an empty husk LMFAO

Other games like Horizon Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarök have done this too. It's an odd trend, but if people keep buying these sort of editions, they'll keep being made that way.

sworddude

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2023, 11:36:52 am »

Other games like Horizon Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarök have done this too. It's an odd trend, but if people keep buying these sort of editions, they'll keep being made that way.

maybe they bank on such people buying the collectors edition + a physical game seperately to complete it.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2023, 11:21:04 pm »
There's no snowball's chance in hell I'll ever buy a console game without a disc. At that point, I'll make my purchases from Steam or none at all. If they want to move this way, I'll guarantee you the PS5 is the last dedicated gaming console I'll ever buy. Even Nintendo, the lazy, greedy sub-par rehash machine know as the Switch has been utterly dry and disappointing for me. It's my indie games machine, mostly. So I probably won't be in the market for their next hunk of plastic either.

I predicted it would be the larger publisher pushing to abandon physical media first. Fug em, I don't need the games.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 11:23:08 pm by Warmsignal »

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2023, 04:07:42 am »
Asia English version is up for pre order on Play Asia

dhaabi

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2024, 10:12:57 am »
It's worth mentioning how the upcoming Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, being published by Microsoft as an exclusive, is being confirmed (at this time) to release as a digital-only game priced at $50.

Warmsignal

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2024, 11:27:21 am »
The Man Who Erased His disc-based launch?

I wonder why Infinite Wealth is a getting a standard physical release?

dhaabi

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2024, 12:27:59 pm »
The Man Who Erased His disc-based launch?

I wonder why Infinite Wealth is a getting a standard physical release?

Presumably because Infinite Wealth is a longer main-line game with more content, whereas The Man Who Erased His Name is a shorter spin-off with less content. At least, that's one reason to speculate why.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2024, 12:27:19 am »
With Hellblade, whatever is going on with the Starfield physical release at Walmart, last years rumors of Walmart no longer stocking Xbox physical games, the leaked Series X redesign without the disc drive, I'm thinking Xbox as a publisher is done with physical releases.

I could see Indiana Jones getting one though and that perhaps being the last one.

pzeke

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2024, 05:22:41 am »
Modern gaming at it's finest, ladies and gentleman.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!