Author Topic: Personal method for storing loose handheld cartridge games  (Read 1286 times)

david0mario

Personal method for storing loose handheld cartridge games
« on: February 15, 2022, 11:18:51 pm »
What's everyone's personal method for storing loose cartridge games? (DS, 3DS, Game Boy etc.)
The way I personally do it is with a hard binder and sleeve inserts for trading cards. It works well for finding a specific game you want and they stay in there pretty well (depending on what brand/sleeve you use)
https://imgur.com/a/RCjy1NC
I'm curious on what you all prefer ;D

Re: Personal method for storing loose handheld cartridge games
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 11:35:14 pm »
All my loose console cartridges are just on a shelf side by side. This works fine for all of them except N64 due to no end labels. I've been slowly getting boxes and manuals for all my loose cartridge games in order make them more appealing on a shelf and to satisfy the collector in me lol.

As for my loose handheld cartridges they're all in various gameboy and GBA carrying cases I've accumulated over the years. While I'm not as hellbent on completing my loose handheld games, I am trying to get some of them complete like the Pokemon games. Otherwise I'm happy keeping them in these carrying cases for storage.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 12:20:25 am »
I do the same with the binder and trading card pages.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 01:45:55 am »
I've found some 3D printed holders that I like. Only real downside is being unable to see what the back games are without lifting them up, but it's typically a non-issue when kept organized.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 08:42:51 am »
Luckily, Game Gear (and I believe the first Game Boy) had plastic shell protective cases that came with each game. I ensured last year, that each of my games had one even if it didn't come with it when I bought it used.

I also created a custom case for my Game Gear system that holds about 30 of my favorite games (most my collection). The rest are in a sliding drawer that also holds accessories for it.

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 10:42:44 am »
Sliding drawers usually but for smaller handheld game carts old school wooden pencil boxes
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 11:06:13 am »
Let's see  Game gear I do custom boxes that fit the hard shell plastic cases.  GB/GBC/GBA/Lynx/and the bigger GBA games I do modified cassette cases.  Most GBA go in DS cases with custom art.  NES I just store loose.  SNES/N64/Gen/SMS go in UGC cases with custom art.

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 01:12:08 pm »
Cassette cases would be neat, I should try that out. But currently all my loose carts that do not fit onto shelves just go into a cardboard box.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 02:41:54 pm »
I use Cigar Boxes. The local Grocery store sells cigars, and they toss out the old boxes (they stack them by the register for people to take) so I usually grab a few whenever I'm there. you can take lids of and the stickers. I usually put random stickers I acquire on them, so they look a little more video-gamie. They're small and usually not really high so the carts usually pop up over the top so you can see some of the label. I leave them a little loose so you can thumb through them like a rolodex. This is what I do for GB, GBC, and GBA. DS and 3DS get put in cases.

david0mario

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 03:54:59 pm »
I use Cigar Boxes. The local Grocery store sells cigars, and they toss out the old boxes (they stack them by the register for people to take) so I usually grab a few whenever I'm there. you can take lids of and the stickers. I usually put random stickers I acquire on them, so they look a little more video-gamie. They're small and usually not really high so the carts usually pop up over the top so you can see some of the label. I leave them a little loose so you can thumb through them like a rolodex. This is what I do for GB, GBC, and GBA. DS and 3DS get put in cases.

That's a really neat method! I like the idea of flipping through carts like a rolodex, haha

telekill

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 03:59:16 pm »
Let's see  Game gear I do custom boxes that fit the hard shell plastic cases.

Great job on those.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 03:13:52 am »
I just put them in the bookshelf.

But last year just because I felt nostalgic I put all the Nintendo64 games I bought in a cut old shoes box, for some reason it remembered me from the humbleness of just put the cartridges there for quick access...

Recently I just thrown out the shoes box and I am using a plastic one that looks better, and sincerely makes the room looks clean.

Life could be so simple...
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 07:28:00 am »
I use square baskets in different sizes for my lose GameBoy and GameGear games (all in transparent cases), holding between 16 and 20 cartridges ... I also do the same w my MasterSystem Gamecollection for I only collect lose sms games due to lack of space :D
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 11:50:08 am »
I built shelves for gb, gbc, gba and gamegear specifically designed to fit loose carts. Also I have an old jewelry spinning display case for my favorite games.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 11:58:22 am by wartoy »

gummo

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2022, 03:46:22 pm »
For GG , GB , GBC , GBA I use the plastic snap protector cases and just keep them loose in a storage tote . DS and 3DS I only buy CIB .