Author Topic: What game are you acquiring next?  (Read 1705 times)

mastodon

What game are you acquiring next?
« on: February 17, 2022, 07:49:53 am »
What game are you acquiring next?  Mine will be Jet Force Gemini

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: What game are you acquiring next?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 12:16:59 pm »
I'm working on a deal right now with a friend who just bought a collection and I'm waiting to pick up four Ps1 games from it. I'm hoping to have them in a couple of weeks.

1.Raystorm
2.Vanark
3.Silent Bomber
4.Pocket Fighter

telekill

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 01:44:05 pm »
Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm guessing the next classic game that I'm going to buy is going to potentially be one of the Game Gear Sonic games... 2, Chaos or TT as a complete copy. If I can find Sonic CD complete for a decent price... it may be that. It's undecided which, but the one I end up with will be going into the Sonic shadowbox I'm going to eventually make. It'll have to wait though as Mass Effect is up next.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 02:58:36 pm »
The next games I want are either new or upcoming.

I hope to get Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires soon. Then  I will focus on getting WWE 2K22 when it releases on March 11, 2022.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 03:44:28 pm »
I've been thinking of picking up a copy of Super Smash Bros N64, since ironically that's the only one that I don't own, and a glaring omission from my N64 library.

jipsy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 03:50:09 pm »
I want to try to get my WII and Gamecube collections a bit more padded out, I was never really a "Nintendo kid" so I was never really interested in the games.
Jipsy

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 05:03:10 pm »
For retro I never make any plans on my next acquisitions. if it's going to take 5+ years (or never) to get certain titles it be that way has happened plenty of times and it won't end there. forcing anything retro will just result in bad prices I just let it come to me when I'm not interested that's my way of collecting.

Current gen yes.

Mario strikes battle league will be a pre order for sure as my next sure fire addition ;D

« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 06:26:17 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 05:20:58 pm »
I'm grabbing Vay for the Sega CD.

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 06:30:57 pm »
I'm trying to get a decent deal on Metroid 2
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Bluemoon

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 06:38:08 pm »
Probably anything from the burnout series, after playing paradise to death I really need to dig into the rest of the games

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 07:37:04 pm »
Items I'm currently waiting for are a couple of FF8 soundtracks and an alternative box version of the first Crash Bandicoot.
Other than that I'm mostly going to focus on my PSX Namco collection, just hit the halfway mark.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2022, 01:57:40 am »
Have quite a few packages on the way- so depends on what arrives first. Hoping it's the CIB copy of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow that I finally snagged for a great price.

Also waiting on a lot of about 20 boxed NES, SNES and 64 titles that's coming in a few days. So that might be next.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2022, 02:12:24 am »
Typically I have no idea what I'll be acquiring next. With fewer and fewer newer games appealing to me and the fact that I'm comfortable waiting to find a good deal on the older games I still want, it really is a mystery as to what I'll be picking up most of the time. However, there are a few games I know are on the horizon thanks to a decent amount of newer games coming out that I want and also a deal I made in regards to some retro PC games.

Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
Half Life (PC)
Half Life Opposing Force (PC)
Half Life Blue Shift (PC)
Red Faction (PC)
Soldier of Fortune (PC)
Deus Ex (PC)
American McGee's Alice (PC)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC)

mastodon

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2022, 05:32:25 am »
Well, turns out, I got Sin & Punishment. Treasure & Nintendo devs.

telly

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 10:01:12 am »
I'm planning on picking up Final Fantasy X on the Switch because I don't have enough copies of it already  :-X
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery