Author Topic: What games do you recommend getting from the 3DS eShop before it's too late?  (Read 2357 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I got Star Fox 64, as well. I don't know of anywhere else you can get it besides it's original physical form.

gngtiger

I got Star Fox 64, as well. I don't know of anywhere else you can get it besides it's original physical form.

I believe it's coming to Switch Online expansion (if it's not there already) but I suppose Wii U and original N64 are the only ways to 100% own it and not stream it. I'm not getting the expansion until I think the content fits the price.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Oh wait, it's on 3DS, duh. But I prefer consoles to handhelds, anyways.

gngtiger

Oh wait, it's on 3DS, duh. But I prefer consoles to handhelds, anyways.

Completely forgot about Star Fox 64 3D. Thanks for reminding me!

pzeke

Well, I thought I'd splurge on a few games before Nintendo pulls the plug, and I think I went a bit overboard...
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
  • Brave Tank Hero
  • Bugs vs. Tanks!
  • Crimson Shroud
  • Crystareino: The Awakening Hero and the Kingdom of Crystal
  • Demon King Box
  • Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
  • Dillon’s Rolling Western
  • Excave
  • Fractured Soul
  • Gotta Protectors
  • HarmoKnight
  • Ironfall: Invasion
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai
  • Justice Chronicles
  • Karous: The Beast of Re:Eden
  • League of Heroes
  • Liberation Maiden
  • Machine Knight
  • Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Silver Eagle
  • Nano Assault EX
  • Pokémon Crystal Version
  • S&D: Swords & Darkness
  • Sadame
  • SkyPeace
  • Steel Diver: Sub Wars
  • Steel Empire
  • Symphony of Eternity
  • Tank Troopers
  • Unchained Blades
  • Undead Storm Nightmare
  • Zombie Incident
A slew of them looked good just from the screenshots alone, but I took the time to check gameplay footage for all before pulling the trigger; there were a few more that caught my eye, but I happen to have them on PC already, so I really didn't see the point, and ultimately decided against getting Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars because I felt was more of the same. Overall, about 70% of these were bought using a Visa gift card that I had lying around from months ago, so for all intents and purposes, they were "free".

I think I spent about a week or so sifting through the eShop checking games and whatnot—in all honesty, I could've easily hacked all these into my system, but I was feeling charitable, I guess. Anyway, maybe some of these might be of interest to some of you, so perhaps my list could be of help.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:12:26 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

With the Wii U and 3DS eShop storefronts finally closing in 10 days on March 27, some here may find it worthwhile to revisit this topic.

telly

This weekend I plan on migrating all of my Pokemon up to Pokemon home that have been sitting on my copy of Moon for years and years.  :o

EDIT: Another thread on the topic if people want to look through that: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,11788
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 09:17:24 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

Real talk: I lied—I didn't bother to get any of these. When I posted the list abovebelow, I fully intended to make the purchase, but as soon as I opened up the eShop that sense of "should I or should I not" creeped in and ultimately I genuinely saw no reason for me spendingwasting that amount of money on digital goods when that gift card could've, and has been put to better use. Panic buying isn't my thing, but I did get the few that were free. I'll go the other way to acquire these whenever I mod my 3DS. Yeah, I know... *shrugs*

Well, I thought I'd splurge on a few games before Nintendo pulls the plug, and I think I went a bit overboard...
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
  • Brave Tank Hero
  • Bugs vs. Tanks!
  • Crimson Shroud
  • Crystareino: The Awakening Hero and the Kingdom of Crystal
  • Demon King Box
  • Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
  • Dillon’s Rolling Western
  • Excave
  • Fractured Soul
  • Gotta Protectors
  • HarmoKnight
  • Ironfall: Invasion
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai
  • Justice Chronicles
  • Karous: The Beast of Re:Eden
  • League of Heroes
  • Liberation Maiden
  • Machine Knight
  • Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Silver Eagle
  • Nano Assault EX
  • Pokémon Crystal Version
  • S&D: Swords & Darkness
  • Sadame
  • SkyPeace
  • Steel Diver: Sub Wars
  • Steel Empire
  • Symphony of Eternity
  • Tank Troopers
  • Unchained Blades
  • Undead Storm Nightmare
  • Zombie Incident
A slew of them looked good just from the screenshots alone, but I took the time to check gameplay footage for all before pulling the trigger; there were a few more that caught my eye, but I happen to have them on PC already, so I really didn't see the point, and ultimately decided against getting Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars because I felt was more of the same. Overall, about 70% of these were bought using a Visa gift card that I had lying around from months ago, so for all intents and purposes, they were "free".

I think I spent about a week or so sifting through the eShop checking games and whatnot—in all honesty, I could've easily hacked all these into my system, but I was feeling charitable, I guess. Anyway, maybe some of these might be of interest to some of you, so perhaps my list could be of help.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!