Author Topic: What games do you recommend getting from the 3DS eShop before it's too late?  (Read 2269 times)

gngtiger

These games could be:
-3DS eShop exclusive
-3DS games with expensive physical copies.
-DSiWare games
-Retro NES/GB/GBC/GG/SNES games that have greater value by getting them on the 3DS shop then their physical retro versions.

I'd highly recommend Rhythm Heaven Megamix. This only applies to the US, though, since it got a physical release in Japan and Europe.

megasilverx1

In terms of Game Boy games that are fun, but expensive ($40+) to get a legit physical copy of:

-Mole Mania
-Mega Man III (best for expert Mega Man Classic series fans)
-Mega Man IV
-Mega Man V
-Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Trading Card Game
-Mario's Picross
-Avenging Spirit
-Shantae (although it's now available on Switch)
-Wario Land II

Since the Game Boy is region free though, getting Japanese copies of Mole Mania, Mega Man III-V, Mario's Picross, and Wario Land II would be a cheaper alternative too with the language barrier not being a big problem.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Super Mario Bros. 3

Simply because it includes the eReader card levels. I just learned this and downloaded it last night.

telly

For 3DS I would add

- The BoxBoy games
- Mario Vs. Donkey Kong Minis on the Move
- The Pushmo games
- SMT IV if you're in Europe
- Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice
- Harmoknight

Throwing in some Wii U games
- Any GBA games (for me I'm looking at the Metroid games, Mega Man Battle Network games, SMB3, and I'm sure there are others)
- Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - it has the features missing now that DS wifi is no longer in service
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Dr. Luigi
- Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo challenge

Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Super Mario Bros. 3

Simply because it includes the eReader card levels. I just learned this and downloaded it last night.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get it for this same reason.

gngtiger

For 3DS I would add

- The BoxBoy games

I think they added the Boxboy games to the Switch if I'm not mistaken.

dhaabi

Everyone has their own interests, but I fondly remember playing through these eShop titles:
:: Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
:: Bike Rider DX
:: Gunman Clive
:: Pokémon Shuffle
:: Skypeace
:: The Starship Damrey
:: Witch and Hero

And, if somehow there is anyone who still regularly StreetPasses, I cannot recommend the StreetPass games enough.

I'll also note Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure which was available at retail but has been pricey for many years.

I think they added the Boxboy games to the Switch if I'm not mistaken.

Only the fourth and most recent BoxBoy entry is for Switch. The previous titles are all exclusive to the 3DS.

I'm thinking about starting Fire Emblem Fates (I have physical copies of both Birthright and Conquest, but haven't played them because I still haven't beaten Awakening yet) sometime soon for the sole purpose of downloading the Revelation DLC for prosperity. From what I've read, the option to download Revelation only opens up when you reach a certain point in the campaign of either Birthright or Conquest.

3DS games that are stupid expensive in physical form that are worth digital downloading:

- Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
- Yo-kai Watch 3
- Shin Megami Tensei IV (original AND Apocalypse)
- Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

3DS games you can digital download that aren't *as* expensive physical as the above, but also aren't getting any cheaper:

- WarioWare Gold
- Bravely Default
- Bravely Second: End Layer
- Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate
- Kirby Planet Robobot
- Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn

The majority of the obvious Marios, Zeldas, and other first-party AAA entries for the 3DS are still relatively cheap physically right now, if you can find them online or at your local used game shops, that would be the way to go before the prices inevitably hike up.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 05:37:50 pm by chexmixbreath »

gngtiger

I would also like to add some interesting free titles with optional in-app purchases:

Nintendo Badge Arcade
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
Stretchmo (3rd game in the Pushmo series)
Pokémon Picross
Steel Diver Sub Wars

pzeke

I'd highly recommend Rhythm Heaven Megamix. This only applies to the US, though, since it got a physical release in Japan and Europe.

Personally, Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and Dillon’s Rolling Western have been the only two eShop exclusives I've ever been interested in, but have never bothered getting. Maybe they're up your alley, too. Another one that I thought would be interesting due to its premise was Attack of the Friday Monsters, but it seems to be more of a visual novel.

HarmoKnight seems like something you'd probably like since you recommended Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

dhaabi

Another one that I thought would be interesting due to its premise was Attack of the Friday Monsters, but it seems to be more of a visual novel..

I'm not sure if or when you'll see this, but you should still consider playing Attack of the Friday Monsters if the your impression of its genre is what's barring you, as it's not a visual novel by any means. It's a standard 3D exploration adventure game reminiscent of the Boku no Natsuyasumi series and was created by the same developers.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:28:19 pm by dhaabi »

telly

I personally was not the biggest fan of Pokémon Picross. It requires a lot of tedious daily grinding before you can unlock the actual Pokémon puzzles, unless you want to shell out real money to speed the process along. I'd stick with other picross games.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Liberation Maiden is a high recommendation. It's a fun Shooter created by Grasshopper Manufacturer and Level-5.

telly

I was also thinking about getting Paper Mario on the Wii U since it's very expensive for an authentic cartridge and I don't anticipate getting an N64.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

pzeke

Another one that I thought would be interesting due to its premise was Attack of the Friday Monsters, but it seems to be more of a visual novel..

I'm not sure if or when you'll see this, but you should still consider playing Attack of the Friday Monsters if the your impression of its genre is what's barring you, as it's not a visual novel by any means. It's a standard 3D exploration adventure game reminiscent of the Boku no Natsuyasumi series and was created by the same developers.

Thanks for the heads up! I actually had a conversation with a member from another forum who told me in all caps that I'd be committing a crime if I didn't give the game a try, which after actually taking the time to watch gameplay footage I most certainly will.

Liberation Maiden is a high recommendation. It's a fun Shooter created by Grasshopper Manufacturer and Level-5.

Frag! I completely forgot about this one. Thanks for the reminder.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!