Author Topic: State of Play | March 9, 2022 thoughts?  (Read 1844 times)

State of Play | March 9, 2022 thoughts?
« on: March 09, 2022, 10:13:06 am »
A new State of Play is upon us! Join us this Wednesday March 9 at 2 PM Pacific / 5 PM Eastern / 11:00 PM CET for new reveals and eye-catching updates for PS5 and PS4 titles. Note: We won’t have any updates on PlayStation VR2 titles or hardware in this broadcast.

The show is clocking in around 20 minutes, give or take, with a special focus on highlighting great games coming from some of our beloved Japanese publishers, though we’ll have a few updates from other developers located around the world, too.

I'm not really sure what to expect except for Stranger of Paradise.

Re: State of Play | March 9, 2022 thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 11:22:14 am »
Probably our last look at Ghostwire Tokyo before launch otherwise I'm not too sure.

telekill

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 11:37:14 am »
I'm not anticipating being shown anything of interest to me given the state of the industry and the focus on GaaS... but I can hope for at least one... just one game that will raise my eyebrow in a good way.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 12:30:23 pm »
Just give me something on Bloodborne, it's all I want at this point lol  Something from Capcom would also be cool since they don't have a whole lot announced other than they announced SF6 recently and there's RE8 DLC coming eventually.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:30:27 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 05:11:57 pm »
I'm not anticipating being shown anything of interest to me given the state of the industry and the focus on GaaS... but I can hope for at least one... just one game that will raise my eyebrow in a good way.

Welp, I'm gonna guess that your eyebrow has been raised.

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 05:32:14 pm »
Man, I'm sure some people were pissed when a game about dinosaurs from Capcom was being shown off and it had nothing to do with Dino Crisis lol Exoprimal could be kinda fun.  This was also just a Square Enix showcase mostly, but they didn't show any games I actually wanted lol

Getting a TMNT game collection is awesome, this was the only thing new that excited me lol I thought we were getting an Arcsys Jojo game for a second when the music kicked in, but it's just a remaster/port of some older games.

Otherwise, nothing for me with this event.  Pretty disappointing.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 05:46:23 pm »
Gundam Evolution was my favorite game shown and it's free!

I'll check out the Stranger of Paradise demo.

Exoprimal seemed okay but definitely need to see more gameplay. Most of the gameplay shown was just them using shields?

telekill

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2022, 06:18:42 pm »

Welp, I'm gonna guess that your eyebrow has been raised.

You are correct. Ninja Turtles Collection is a must buy. Sure, I have all of them already, but having them in one place that the kids can play with me as well... fantastic.

I'm a bit pissed about what should have been Dino Crisis and what we got.... but I'll take the win with the Ninja Turtles collection.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 12:06:06 am »
The TMNT collection announcement was awesome! That's a fantastic line-up of games! Day one purchase.

gngtiger

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 02:18:23 am »
I was disappointed when I saw the TMNT collection trailer because it said it was coming to only to PS4 and PS5 (I own neither). After some comment browsing I found out that the trailer for it on Konami's YouTube channel said that it would also be coming to Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X/S (I think Steam as well?). I can't wait for this collection!

telekill

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 08:13:34 am »
I was disappointed when I saw the TMNT collection trailer because it said it was coming to only to PS4 and PS5 (I own neither). After some comment browsing I found out that the trailer for it on Konami's YouTube channel said that it would also be coming to Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series X/S (I think Steam as well?). I can't wait for this collection!

Yeah, I'd have been surprised if it was Playstation exclusive. The trailer only stated Playstation systems because it was shown during the Playstation event. They often do that and almost always these types of games end up multiplatform.

Now the question.... will there be a physical edition? Then... is there a difference between the PS4 and PS5 version? If not, I'll probably just get the PS4 version so I can use my PS4 controllers with the game(s).

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 08:42:05 am »
The official Konami press release confirmed all 13 titles included, an MSRP of $39.99 and a physical release.

telekill

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 08:54:37 am »
The official Konami press release confirmed all 13 titles included, an MSRP of $39.99 and a physical release.

Ah snap!

Here's the link for everyone:
https://www.konami.com/games/tmntcollection/

Oh... and to show an idea of how excited I am for this... here's my first shadowbox I made at the start of the Rona lockdowns:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 02:03:39 pm »

Hmm. Will the digital edition be cheaper, I wonder?

jason

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 03:45:42 am »
I'm also excited for the TMNT collection! :)